Fallout 76: E3 Trailer

It'd be like if you were riding Pirates Of The Caribbean at Disney World only to float by a scene of cyborgs fighting a dragon. Sure, maybe nothing else about (...).
2cqrpc.jpg

Just watched that interview video with the little brown noser and Todd Howard. I don't know who the biggest dipshit is between the two of them.

I honestly hope that game channels such as the one shown these will fall out of favor with the gaming audience because they are basically propaganda channels.
But who I am kidding. Plenty off, I do not even know how to describe them, that will keep watching this.

They dumbed down from Daggerfall when they made Morrowind, so it is even before Oblivion.
At least Morrowind still felt like a RPG, even though some stuff was removed from Daggerfall. And one could argue about the stuff removed, while in Oblivion case there's really no arguing. They turned the series into a theme park with no consequences of any kind, stripped most of the RPG elements into their bare essentials.

They are now catering to their console fanabse. It makes sense now. The crowds of gamers that have been mostly clueless to the potential in modifiable open world RPG's, are now just happy to get to play with their dudebros and pay for overpriced armor mods.

---

That dude is funny btw. Subbed.

They are now catering to their console fanabse. It makes sense now. The crowds of gamers that have been mostly clueless to the potential in modifiable open world RPG's, are now just happy to get to play with their dudebros and pay for overpriced armor mods.

---

That dude is funny btw. Subbed.
I would say they are not only catering to the console fanbase, as both Fallout 3 and Skyrim have a lot of fans on the console as well, but they actually want that sweet Fortknight money. The problem is, only Fortknight can make Fortknight money and Bethesda somehow forgott you can't just throw some kind of clone out, and get the same thing.

Todd: "Hey lets go get us some of that little kid whale cash, those dumbass' will buy anything that screams and has crafting mechanics..."

KOJdYnS.jpg

Todd after Vault 76 fails to received a comparable sum to forknight: "Add more derp pansy crap (DLC), maybe if we add teletubbies or some other IP destroying gimmick we can make more monies?"

Personally the nail in the coffin for the Fallout franchise was Fallout 4 with it's complete derailing from the basis of design that defined what Fallout was.

From my observation this IP is dead, the problem here is that the consumers that want a viable well made product that caters to the demographic requesting a return to player agency (we grumpy folk). Are simply out numbered by consumers that would rather dispose of their income thought the purchase of sub par, cosmetically pandering content that overtly removed core game mechanics to cater to the [name a demographic, it doesn't matter anymore it will just change with the next release] and consoles.

Consider this then ponder the motivations of Bethesda:
Fallout 3 targeted their shooter/rpg fan base, Fallout 4 targeted their shooter console fan base almost exclusively, Fallout shelter catered to the mobile crowd, and Vault 76 is marketed/designed to cater to the demographic of: online shooter multiplayer console soft survival minecraft crowd?

Literally Fallout no longer has an identify to speak of nor a core demographic it's defined by. Literally Bethesda is just swapping demographics like a 90's kid and cartridge games for the NES bored out of their darn mind. This junk is wild, and I have no idea how in the world they are getting away with this. It's like EA released Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight and everyone loved it, or [name some other destroyed IP].

I'm absolutely confounded that the general population is well, this dumb, easily duped, and content with this kind of overt production of sub par products. Remember New Coca-Cola? People went ape shit over that! Now the vast majority of consumers are content to purchase literal livestock fecal mater in a box in the hope of getting a new card for Cards Against Humanity. Shit's whack yo!

I fear for the future of the human race...

I would say they are not only catering to the console fanbase, as both Fallout 3 and Skyrim have a lot of fans on the console as well, but they actually want that sweet Fortknight money. The problem is, only Fortknight can make Fortknight money and Bethesda somehow forgott you can't just throw some kind of clone out, and get the same thing.

It's Bethesda, though. People will buy it and play it and love it (for whatever weird reasons).

It's Bethesda, though. People will buy it and play it and love it (for whatever weird reasons).

Hey, everything's got fans. Big or small, there will always be someone to love and someone to hate, and most to fall inbetween.

I mean, there are people who seriously play Metal Gear Survive, so...

Interview with Todd at Gamestar
https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/fallout-76-kein-crossplay-weil-sich-sony-querstellt,3331670.html

To sum up:
-it won't have elements known from survival games
-propably no battle royale
-no chance of crossplatform
-there are normal quests outside of radiant (not sure about quality)
-PVP isn't forced by any quests
-quests are only given by robots, terminals, notes and tapes
-there is trade system between players with caps as currency
-each player has stash only he can access to store his things
-REAL CURRENCY COSMETICS CONFIRMED
-Todd understands that paid expansions could divide players (no info if they're gonna be free or paid)
-it runs on Creation (who could have guessed), but they remade lightning system

Knowing Bethesda, I'm more inclined to assume it's closer to TESO, albeit without human NPCs this time around. I'm expecting people of our circles (like here and the Codex) would resort to call it 'TESO with guns".

still boggles my mind that they're putting supermutants into F76
give me half an hour and a bottle of booze and I could fucking brainstorm tons of enemies for the WV wasteland that actually made sense

but Beth thinks Fallout = giant green herpaderp cannibals

I also think the Super Mutants and yet another new Ghoul type should have been ditched for completely new mutant (and human) enemies.
But we already know that Bethesda thinks that Fallout depends on recurring elements from Fallout 1 and 2 instead of expanding the universe.

They either lack the creativity which I think is the case as a lot of their current games as based on recycling, or they are afraid that they will alienate their audience should they cut Super Mutants or Ghouls.

Either way Bethesda like so many current day developers should never have been allowed to continue the works of others as they demonstrate that despite their claims of being fans that they absolutely have no idea what made the originals tick or so popular in the first place.

Had Fallout never been popular Bethesda would not have given a shit about purchasing it, perhaps having gone after Wasteland instead.

Back