Fallout 76 now has $10 monthly and $100 annual subscription

JKRDU

It Wandered In From the Wastes
Hello, people of NMA. So I found this in the official twitter account of Fallout, and apparently Fallout 76 now has a monthly~anually subscription membership service called Fallout 1st.

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1187036397263347713

Paying money for a game with a shit load of bugs is one thing but look at the price for this shit.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/fallout1st

Don't know about you, but paying $10 for a month and $100 for a year for a flawed, buggy game that already cost 79 dollars that crashes every fucking time sounds like a horrible deal, and when you realize you need to be in the membership to gain access to a private world and pointless in-game items, it makes me want to hate Bethesda even more.

What in the absolute fuck were they thinking, literally what purpose does this serve beyond giving them more money for an already broken game?
I'm completely fucking flabbergasted, In what context did this make any sense to anyone at Bethesda or Zenimax, there is literally no reason for anyone to buy this, maybe in other games that haven't already massively disappointing event the most braindead of loyalists this would be a great new money making scheme, but not here.

I'm pretty sure the people who bought Fallout 76 aren't going to jump on this, it's a complete waste of money flat out, I mean what are the benefits here?
  • A private world for you and your friends that completely eliminates the purpose of it being online
  • Infinite storage for crafting supplies that you don't need by now
  • A new portable mini-base to make the game easier
  • Enough cash shop points to buy 1 thing a month
  • An EXCLUSIVE Ranger Armor Outfit that's probably ripped straight from the hands of Fo4 modders and passed off as Bethesda's own work
  • UNIQUE player icons and emotes to let anyone who looks at you know you're special
This is a ripoff within a ripoff, and not just that, but a reoccurring ripoff, you're suppose to keep giving them money for this game because they literally have no idea what else to do with it.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, there is literally no reason for anyone to buy this, what's gained isn't worth even a quarter of the asking price, what in the absolute fuck where they thinking when they came up with this hot new idea?
Did they think if they called it "1st" that people would feel honored to buy it? This isn't just stupid, this is so stupid that it makes me MAD just as fucking stupid it is, like I've already given up on Bethesda as a whole and accepted that my favorite franchises are doomed to mediocrity, but the sheer stupidity in this actually infuriates me to the point where I literally cannot stop being upset at just how STUPID this whole thing is.

I'm pretty sure the people who bought Fallout 76 aren't going to jump on this, it's a complete waste of money flat out, I mean what are the benefits here?
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, there is literally no reason for anyone to buy this, what's gained isn't worth even a quarter of the asking price, what in the absolute fuck where they thinking when they came up with this hot new idea?

Agree but a lot of people will still likely buy it for the simple reason that $10 a month for 1650 atoms alone is cheaper than regular atom prices.

Enough cash shop points to buy 1 thing a month

Most things in the shop probably hang around the 500 range

Agree but a lot of people will still likely buy it for the simple reason that $10 a month for 1650 atoms alone is cheaper than regular atom prices.

Most things in the shop probably hang around the 500 range

Probably, but the deal is still awful compared to other online Bethesda game, Elder Scrolls Oline. I play ESO (Don't judge me... I really love the game), and ESO membership has a better deal than Fallout 76.

Compare this:

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/fallout1st

With this.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/esoplus

don't know about you, but I think ESO has an almost better deal then F76 in my opinion.

Also, ESO has very few bugs (in fact, it's the least buggy Elder Scrolls game) and runs perfectly well without crashing every minute.

Last edited:
This is good:
Untitled-1.jpg

Once again, Bethesda doesn't give a shit about the lore and goes with their "rule of cool" philosophy. I am beside myself with anticipation with how they are going to fuck up Elder Scrolls 6.

The saddest part is that I’m probably gonna play ES6 and post about it here. Just so you all don’t have to suffer

I'll probably but TESVI because I don't really care all that much about the Elder Scrolls as the series has always been kind of just a neat little time waster for me.

This is good:
View attachment 13914

Once again, Bethesda doesn't give a shit about the lore and goes with their "rule of cool" philosophy. I am beside myself with anticipation with how they are going to fuck up Elder Scrolls 6.
The sheer stupidity of an annual 100 bucks subscription for a game that already asks for money upfront somehow made me not notice this.

I'm more pissed that they are using New Vegas stuff in this crappy deal more than the NCR Ranger armor showing up way earlier in the timeline. Even though the latter is still absolutely retarded.

Last edited:
The sheer stupidity of an annual 100 bucks subscription for a game that already asks for money upfront somehow made me not notice this.

I'm more pissed that they are using New Vegas stuff in this crappy deal more than the NCR Ranger armor showing up way earlier in the timeline. Even though the latter is still absolutely retarded.
Isn't funny how Bethesda hates New Vegas yet loves using superficial assets that people love and see as iconic like the NCR Ranger armor and put it in their shitty Fallout games cause "rule of cool"?
I would say that Bethesda has truly lost the plot but for me to say that would mean that Bethesda understood Fallout in the first place.

I didn't even think about it until just now, that goes to show how absolutely uncontrollably retarded this whole thing is.
Just what the fuck were they thinking?

This is good:
View attachment 13914

I get the feeling that the exceptionally mindless Bethesdrones that defend this shit will claim; "Ackchyually, Tycho was described of wearing an outfit akin to the Desert Ranger armor so ackchyually, Bethesda is being respectful and grate in explaining how that outfit came into the setting."

EDIT: Though that claim falls apart when one clearly can tell that the armor is evocative of the NCR Ranger armor.

Interesting to watch how quickly Bethesda is burning so many bridges so quickly. Next, you'll tell me that they'll turn their Atom store into a gacha-eque store where you spend money for a chance at an item.

When the canvas bag fiasco happened they still cared a little about their public mage, but I think it's clear that that's gone now, they don't care anymore, it's all about the money now.

eu3fqbquhcu31.jpg

Ranger armor, combat armor, power armor, and others, are pre-war relics like all the guns in the game.

Looking into it on the Wiki, there was a pre-war example of Desert Ranger Combat Armor and helmet of this exact style that was in the New Vegas DLC Honest Hearts. It was in one of the Survivalist Caves of Randall Clark, who was a Great War survivor. The wiki describes this type of armor as "a military-grade armor originally used by L.A.P.D. riot squads."

They used those suits pre war iirc.
Lets be real, Bethesda doesn't read up on the lore and just added it because the NCR Ranger Armor is the armor that is the most constantly made armor mod for Fallout 4 and the most demanded by their fantards. Funny as most Beth drones hate New Vegas yet love the Ranger armor. Really shows both sides priorities.

Lets be real, Bethesda doesn't read up on the lore and just added it because the NCR Ranger Armor is the armor that is the most constantly made armor mod for Fallout 4 and the most demanded by their fantards. Funny as most Beth drones hate New Vegas yet love the Ranger armor. Really shows both sides priorities.

Sure, just got to throw it out there. :)

Either way, whatever. I don't have FO76 and I'm not likely to get it. Bugtheftsduh makes that game less desirable every month.

Back