Fallout 76 Nukes Lore and Releases

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
T

TorontoReign

Drz7FJSWkAEWhjS.jpg

It's here folks, at least for some people. The bugs you all know and love, minus the mods. Attempt to muster up enthusiasm for the most botched Fallout entry since Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (POS) - the much anticipated Fallout 76! New and improved with even more leftover concepts from previous games, like the Calculator, I mean, MODUS, the Enclave AI connected to brains or some shit.

All of your favorite factions are here friends! Including the Brotherhood of Steel with newly revised lore! There are one or two cool factions like the First Responders but they are all dead so nobody gives a shit. I don't know. You whippersnappers figure it out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutlore/comments/9ug54f/fo76_spoiler_there_is_a_terminal_entry_that/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...will-be-the-no-mans-sky-of-2018/#c842aa385e4f

I'm sure you all seen this, but leaving it here for posterity, since it is a clear sign of the owner of the franchise just not getting the series.

Ah yes, adding more retcons to fix their own fucking plotholes such as the Enclave's Power Armor in Fallout 4.

I know, I should not be pissed at this point any more as we have known this for months now.
Eventually everything passes, even Bethesda, its fandom, and Fallout.

Hope I will be able to figure out how to run Fallout of Nevada today.

I saw the overseer video go up a bit ago and can't even bring myself to watch it. Reading that 76 terminal thread a bit was bad enough. I ranted for a bit but just deleted it. I'm with Ghost, I can't even be mad really. Its walking the same trails right next to park that got turned into a landfill and getting mad that the junk keeps growing. Time to just find a new path.

When I saw the Fallout live action trailer, I was like WHAT THE FUCK. THIS IS NOT FALLOUT, MORONS! Fallout is not supposed to be a post apocalyptic dream from the brain of a 5 year old...

Last edited:
I actually still have not watched that live action trailer, I strongly have the feeling that it is so cringe worthy that I will pause halfway and then start to think the remainder of the evening on how much I dislike Bethesda and wish that another studio had bough the Fallout franchise.

Holy hell. MODUS really is just the Calculator from Tactics. Vault Tec starting the Great War? Weeeew lads. I'm not even mad. I've come to expect such stupidity from Bethsoft.

I told you it was canon bros. Now take your talking hairy Deathclaw and psychic Beastlords and giant robots and airships and like it.

Vault-tec University? What kind of dumb shit is that? Not even Fallout 4 was this poorly thought out, and that one had Nuka Cola World.

Also, Vault-tec starting the war? Talk about flushing down the themes of the series down the drain.

And the Scorched are just straight up Zombies that need to be erradicated with Nukes? Oh my god... it's almost as if they are making a concious effort to fuck everything up.

If Fallout ever leaves bethesda's greasy hands, I would laugh my ass off if this game was written off as the dellusions of a Vault filled with people with dissociative episodes.

Last edited:
Vault Tec starting the Great War? Weeeew lads. I'm not even mad.
Lolwut? You can't be serious. Mothership Zeta, now this? Eh :shrug: what's to be expected?

I was recently told by a Bethesda fan (aka the only Fallouts they like are 3, 4, and 76 not even NV) that Bethesda is just fixing the plotholes that existed from the games. Also, according to them a plothole is the years that the Brotherhood of Steel wasn't doing anything super exciting. So if the Brotherhood of Steel was just scavenging, recruiting/whatever, building and maintaining their base, finding ways to survive, sustaining themselves, etc. for 75 years that's a plothole to them.

A plot hole is having a satellite that apparently allows easy communication but apparently didn't existed in the first game because there was no mention of it. Neither in the next games. Even though Fallout 76 happens before any of them.

Terrible arguments from Bethestards is nothing new, they come up with some of the dumbest shit to justify all the retcons and lore breaks. I have seen even justifications for mechanics even, like apparently that terrible armor system of Fallout 3 makes you feel vulnerable and that's good. Even though that system makes power armor, one of the strongest pieces of equipment in the series, into a piece of crap.

I'm just waiting for Tagz to tell us that everything is fine and that the new lore is much better.

Lolwut? You can't be serious. Mothership Zeta, now this? Eh :shrug: what's to be expected?

I was recently told by a Bethesda fan (aka the only Fallouts they like are 3, 4, and 76 not even NV) that Bethesda is just fixing the plotholes that existed from the games. Also, according to them a plothole is the years that the Brotherhood of Steel wasn't doing anything super exciting. So if the Brotherhood of Steel was just scavenging, recruiting/whatever, building and maintaining their base, finding ways to survive, sustaining themselves, etc. for 75 years that's a plothole to them.
Y'know, I had a similar argument. I'm almost tempted to dig up the name and see if it was the same person, but then I remember it wouldn't do any good.

I wonder what they thought of the Enclave, if the East coast is magically faxing over X-01 schematics to the Oil rig (so much for privacy) for research, when it took them so long to make the Advanced Power Armor follow up? It's almost like reestablishing yourself takes time. Almost like the supposedly presented entire point of F76 could have been if it was handled with any finesse or ability.

So, re-watched the Vault 76 Overseers tapes...not only is Vault Tec heavily, HEAVILY implied to have started the great war, but apparently they did it to go a head with the vault experiments.

"I can't help but wonder if Vault Tec knew about all this from the beginning."

The Scorched are also part of some pre-war plague, because EVERYTHING has to be pre-war. Oof.

Okay, hard block on myself. Can't come into the thread. Your words are knives. How? How are they this bad at writing competently? I've played under first time DM/GM's who can spin a better story thread than that. It might be a bit obvious and linear but, god, at least they tend to be a little creative or at least consistent for their characters. They're putting an effort in. I knew Bethesda was shilling out but, just wow. I already wasn't planning on picking up any more of their games after I fucked up and thought New Vegas might have taught them something for 4, but I'm afraid to see what tripe they could come up with for Starfield. It may just become the E.T. of the modern era at this rate.

I was recently told by a Bethesda fan (aka the only Fallouts they like are 3, 4, and 76 not even NV) that Bethesda is just fixing the plotholes that existed from the games.

* I am a bit late with this *

What holes was this person speaking about? That there was no significant mentioned activity of the Brotherhood of Steel between establishing their base at Lost Hills and Fallout 1?
There is indeed a big gap between these events but there is no hole. If anything suggesting that the BOS had access to a satellite and used it to contact other military survivors to form chapters across the US creates a hole.
Why did the records of the scribes not mention this satellite? Or that Maxson sought to establish chapters across the former US with the one in Virginia unexpectedly going silent (the scribes would probably record that the Virginian chapter had encountered an unknown plague that was decimating their numbers. They would not know what it exactly did but that it was there)

The Advanced Power Armor. I know it is mentioned in the bible that it was developed at the Poseidon oil rig between the great war and Fallout 2 (and quite some terrible accidents happening during its development), but isn't it also mentioned in Fallout 2 somewhere near the end of the game?
In any case it is a retcon, what way people want to twist and turn it and not a fix to a plothole that is not there.
If anything the new version of Power Armor in Fallout 4 opens a plothole, why would this type of Power Armor never be referred to again? On the oil rig Enclave soldiers were equipped with the old T-51b power armor, why not also the type between it and the Advanced Power Armor?

BTW the same goes with the vertibird. Making it a pre war creation does not fill a plothole either because there never was one.
If anything Fallout 4 should just have used helicopters in its intro and it opens a bigger plothole with not explaining where the vertibird types of Fallout 3 and 4 which designs are very different come from.

So, re-watched the Vault 76 Overseers tapes...not only is Vault Tec heavily, HEAVILY implied to have started the great war, but apparently they did it to go a head with the vault experiments.

And Bethesda basically made these about just tormenting and killing people in various ways with some random nonsense about wanting to create super soldiers between it.

The plotline of Vault Tec probably starting the great war is rather similar to the setup of a Fallout movie that never got made.
The owner of the Vault Tec company had the great war started so that people would make use of his Vaults.

If anything Bethesda's new lore makes it clear that nothing of significance really happened in Virginia as all the survivors would be killed by the Scorched plague, and that whatever the inhabitants of Vault 76 established also did not matter because by the time of Fallout 3 no one on the East Coast would remember anything from this period of their history, not even badly mangled spoken records that were passed through.

I'm just waiting for Tagz to tell us that everything is fine and that the new lore is much better.

How so Hassknecht? Has he really become such an apologist?

Damage control, futile attempt to make new games acceptable in hope to get throngs of newbies chit-chatting merrily here, with traffic and site value skyrocketing as a side effect. :mrgreen:

Back