Fallout Easter Eggs

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude said:
Yes it is a special encounter (but a bad one..like the pariah dog), No its not a D2 spoof.

That and I'm pretty sure FO2 was released a couple of years before Diablo 2 anyways.

Besides, everyone loves exploding cows.

About the King Arthur/Holy Hand Grenade encounter... is it possible to find the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, or to use it? Did BIS/Interplay ever intend for this encounter to go anywhere, or was it just a brief joke/reference?

The_Vault_Dweller said:
Also did anyone else discover that if you used a hacked character with high science skill/intelligence that when you access the computer at the Gecko plant you can engage in a conversation with an Enclave member who will eventually threaten you and said a verti-bird with an extermination squad? You can only really do it by cheating 'cause its early in the game and you need a really smart character.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

i did it without cheating once...:S
I think i reloaded because he became hostile or something :S

I just talked to the enclave dude last night with my hth char. Also, I NEVER CHEAT! I wonder where that death squad was. I slept in the reactor for 10 days waiting for em to show up so I could attempt to lure em into 1 on 1 fights and knock em out and steal their weps, but they never showed up. Maybe the bear dude could add the death squad in a addon?

In the computer in the 1rst floor "near" the doctor in vault city, if you search for medical info several times you will get nive quotes like "there's nothing here" " you got inteligence 4, right?" and so on :D

and showing some big secrets in Fallout 2

demonslayer said:
The_Vault_Dweller said:
Also did anyone else discover that if you used a hacked character with high science skill/intelligence that when you access the computer at the Gecko plant you can engage in a conversation with an Enclave member who will eventually threaten you and said a verti-bird with an extermination squad? You can only really do it by cheating 'cause its early in the game and you need a really smart character.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

i did it without cheating once...:S
I think i reloaded because he became hostile or something :S

That´s an unfinished side quest from the game, check the main guides walkthroughs and you`ll find it, it has been discussed to death here at NMA.

Briosafreak said:
That´s an unfinished side quest from the game, check the main guides walkthroughs and you`ll find it, it has been discussed to death here at NMA.

Sad it was unfinished...was my favo conversation in all game i guess!
"Who-? what the fu-?"

:lol:

ok here is a pic from me to remember the quote :)
fo214cm.png

EDIT: after this conversation with the enclave guard if you try to access him again you get another funny "conversation" with the computer :)

i dont know if this one has been submitted but in Boneyard apocalypse followers amp in the top left corner theres a shack with mercenaries there is a man in combat armor with a description: "With a name tag that says: Im Christopher and your meat"
And when you kill hin it says avellone was killed
Chris avellone is a designer for the game
coincedence i think not

Yes, that's a reference to MCA. Yes, we've known about it since the game was released eight years ago. It's not exactly hard to find.

Im not sure if this has been discovered yet or not, but in the play "Macbeth" by mr skakespears theres a line that goes "Out. Out blood Out" or something like that when someone killed somebody and the murderer was paranoid about being caught and washing their hands. This is very simmilar to "Out. Out damn pee out" said by our favourite pisser in Vault City. Anyone recently read that play? Its been at least two years for me.

The quotation is "Out, damned spot! out, I say!" and is said by Lady Macbeth while she is sleep walking and trying to wash away the "blood" from her hands.

Sounds like a probably easter egg. Never thought about that one.

In Fallout 2, the broken robot in the canyon in Klamath says alot of lines related to robots and/or computers. One of these is "But the M5 is invincible."

Where does this line come from?

Rev. Layle said:
The grenade is in the game's data files, but cannot be actually found in-game without a mod/patch installed

I was able to get the encounter and grenade without any mods or cheats.....but as soon as the map loaded my screen went blank and my game crashed

Mercenary said:
Rev. Layle said:
The grenade is in the game's data files, but cannot be actually found in-game without a mod/patch installed

I was able to get the encounter and grenade without any mods or cheats.....but as soon as the map loaded my screen went blank and my game crashed

My friend too got the Holy Hand Grenade without patches or cheat.
I think there's 2 of them, one is crappy and makes the game crash, and one is the real one in some chest on the encounter. As i remember you can't open the chest if you haven't conviced Sir Lancelot or one of his comrades (i don'T remember exactly who you must speak with) to have acces to it. Once they're walk out of the encounter you'll be able to open the chest and get a hold of the Holy Hand Grenade. It damages 1000 to any living things in a large radius!

Found another easter egg no-one seems to have posted about.

The treasure hunter in Broken Hills, while sitting at the bottom of the town well, says many funny lines, including "Oh my god, Morlocks!"

calculon000 said:
Vault-Dweller said:
Define 'Easter Egg'... are we talking random quotes that have been taken from something, or specifically items that have been added for no reason other than someone's amusement?

There is literally a colorful little egg your can get in New Reno that really doesn’t do anything.
unfortunately, I never came across this egg in New Reno :( please, explain where is it so I can find it!
don't kill me for being ignorant, but I don't get the catch behind the crashed whale? what is this Easter Egg referring to?
and I also don't get the Unwashed Villagers joke.

Back