Fallout: London

Of course. I would never be so disrespectful of another's work as to acquire it against their will; not being entitled to it by right of sale, or freely given by them.
IE. Do unto others [product] as you would have them do unto yours.
I don’t personally believe this to be true for every product, and certainly don’t always abide by these morals, however that’s not what I meant. I’m just surprised you guys don’t have it already by now. Its been on out so long, I’ve seen it on sale many times low as $5, and times where it was even free.

The modders stated the mod won’t work with the game if it was illegally obtained, it’ll detect it. How they do that, I’ve got no idea, but that’s how it is.

I won't download it; not even a free promotional install desperately given by Epic or Steam.

I did have fun making a joke video about it, sometime before FO4 was released.
[Part one of two, but there is no part 2.]
*Part 2 would have been the interior of the Cheers Bar (Made in New Vegas), with a bunch of ghouls shouting 'Normie!' when the PC entered.
__
Started on it, but lost interest after the game released.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I was a youngster when FO4 came out so I bought in in a heartbeat, played it all, liked it, played the classics, then replayed it, and was completely distraught at the quality, uninstalled and never played again.

However I’m not opposed to reinstalling it when Fallout 4 New Vegas comes out.

Last edited:
It makes more sense in Britain to me than America, as I doubt anyone would remember what breed of cow was what in the post-war when it’s a mutated two-headed cow with no color but fleshy skin.
To me, it's the opposite. It makes more sense for Americans to name their mutated cows Brahmin, since Brahman is an American breed of cows especially bred to survive in low grazing areas, to be resistant to heat, diseases and parasites (ideal conditions to survive the wasteland). And they are heavily bred in America (and originated from Texas and the western Golf of Mexico). The Americans came up with the breed and named it all the way back in 1924. They even have an association around it (American Brahman Breeders Association).

Basically, Brahmin breeding is a huge thing in American cattle breeders.

Lot-3-164.jpg

Basically, Americans created the Brahman breed around the area where Fallout 1 happens.

Brahmin were named by people who survived the bombs. Fallout 1 was only 84 years after the apocalypse and everyone calls them Brahmin already.

Also, I don't really know if Indian people would name a cow Brahmin. After all, cows are the most sacred things in India and Brahmin are priests that are devoted to poverty or in other cases philosophers and wise men. It seems disrespectful to me to call sacred cows those things.
If the name came from Indian, or descendants from Indian people, it would be more likely that Brahmin would be called something like or related to "Gau Mata", "Kamadhenu", "Gau", "Pashu", "Surabhi" or "Shurbhi".

I also don't think anyone Indian or related to Indians would have anything to do with the post-apocalyptic US cows, since those are used as beasts of burden and slaughtered for meat. Which are great offences for Indian people.

I would have preferred the English version of Brahmin to be called something related to other English words (heifer, calf, milker, dairy, etc.).

Last edited:
Also, I don't really know if Indian people would name a cow Brahmin. After all, cows are the most sacred things in India and Brahmin are priests that are devoted to poverty or in other cases philosophers and wise men. It seems disrespectful to me to call sacred cows those things.
If the name came from Indian, or descendants from Indian people, it would be more likely that Brahmin would be called something like or related to "Gau Mata", "Kamadhenu", "Gau", "Pashu", "Surabhi" or "Shurbhi".
Wait a min, is Aradesh not Indian? I could’ve sworn he was, he and Tandi

Milker is a good one, I like that:ok:

Cowes is on the Isle of Wight. I think including Radshrews in the tunnels is nuts. Shrews are not that plentiful. Rats are. The most common small mammal s a Vole. So if they all inter bred a Shrevolerat may develop. Also Brahmin is part of the caste system in Hinduism. So British Asians might complain :)

Wait a min, is Aradesh not Indian? I could’ve sworn he was, he and Tandi
Aradesh was originally a Vault 15 dweller, a sister vault of Vault 13. His accent and appearance are attributed to living in Vault 15, which housed the social experiment of incorporating people of diverse cultural backgrounds.

Yeah, I wonder why they choose to have it like that? There's also some modern stuff like the London Eye and the new train carriages...

The Empire Wastes mod for Fallout 4 is similar with a fairly intact New York...

I looked at Empire Wastes as I had never heard of it. Alpha so a while I expect. I think those big wheels, Ferris wheels are boring. Liverpool has one. I wanted a huge ' Helter skelter ' to be different :)

It's a superlative TC by all appearance in the demo; very impressive! :ok:

*But IMO it should not have used the Fallout title. Lack of iconography aside, Fallout should never be set outside of the US; or at the very most stretched, could be set abroad, around a US military base [Imagine Panama, or Italy —Catch~22—style]. The IP is buried to the lip in quasi-50's Americana; all of the wonderful British touches and asides are absolutely great... but are out of place in a Fallout title.
I still disagree with the sentiment that Fallout is somehow based on or in Americana or that Americana is integral to the franchise in any way. Fallout is based more on the idea of a dystopian WORLD OF TOMORROW, which can be viewed and interpreted from all over the world. The 50s had visions of the future everywhere, not just the US, and at least Fallout 1 (which I regard as the one true source for Fallout's aesthetics) did not reference the old world US at all. Basically no location was named after what it was before the War, if there even was anything before the War, and the game world portrayed was properly post-apocalyptic in the sense that the old world was gone, and any reference to the old had to be dug up. Fallout 2 then reversed that by bringing back way more old world locations and references, and I don't like it.
I think it's very interesting to see the idea and concept of the world of Fallout (i.e. the world of the future as envisioned by 1950s pulp writers meeting the cynicism, social collapse and ultimately nuclear apocalypse of 80s PA media, especially Mad Max) viewed through the lens of other countries. While '50s futurism was pretty globalized and sort of homogenous by nature, you can still find some stylistic differences between the various regions of the globe in how they envisioned the future, especially in terms of architecture. Which, I think, can be explored in interesting ways.
The social aspect is much more interesting than the architectural paintjob, though, and I here is where I think it's really a good idea to stray away from the US every once in a while when considering Fallout. It's interesting to think about how other countries were fairing before the Great War, how their society would work and fall apart, and how their post-apocalyptic landscapes would develop.
However, that requires a bit more imaginative work than just taking all the iconography from Fallout (vault systems for people to survive in, but they're scientific experiments, also old world government tries to come back, technophiliac knights, also mutants) and putting it in a bowler hat and having it say "pip pip deary me".

Tl;dr: I don't think Fallout should be seen as "Americana Desert Retrofuturistic Post Apocalypse", but rather as "50s vision of the future met with 70s-80s cynicism", which can be explored from a wide variety of angles.

I agree. I think Mexico or Canada is the better choice commercially. Canada has Toronto which has been mentioned and Mexico has a mention as well along with some nice desert terrain and different people for once for fuck sake. Plus I would love to have a Language skill in the game for once. Yeah that is never gonna happen.

cb2de14882f72c4303dfcce191a05526.jpg

1f68b2010bd4c0b21c848048b841e116.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 50s had visions of the future everywhere,

Way before the 50's ; Futurism was in film,' Metropolis ' in art, Italian futurists then again in architecture of the 30' not particularly ' deco ' but the huge edifice type structures in Europe and the bigger , higher skyscrapers in America.

The use of 50's America, the golden years, post war BOOM when America was raking in war debts from Germany and the allies.

While America was in glorious technicolour. Britain was in the drab tones of Fallout 3. I won't mention Germany.

Also the use of bottlecaps in my opinion was a piss take on the money system.

So why would a pre apocalypse America have a retro 50's look ? Pre war was similar to NOW , fuel crises and dodgy times.
The future war looming.
Fallout was and is and should be about America. Canada was annexed and Alaska was first in line.

No comparisons were made to old world as you state but the bits of history that we learn are a conflict with China.

I've never seen anyone mention Russia. I think showing Moscow's incredibly beautiful Metro stations may be too big a chore for developers so we will see the shit hole Landan Underground that looks like it was tiled with leftovers from some public shithouse.

Disclaimer : I have not been to London for some time so the newest line I cannot comment on.

Then again I will play it and buzz off the cockney rhyming slang while trying to avoid the Radshrews LMFBO

THIS just show the Indians are too numerous for local Englishmen that they think bollywood-dance-style scenes are not something to be facepalm about.

Too familiar with something happen everyday around them, so to speak~

How bloody dare you insinuate that my comments were racially biased ;p If anything I was saying the ' Dad dancing' was piss poor, teeth grinding embarrassment.

Back