Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Damn, I'm glad I stumbled across this. Also how would I go about putting the skilldex cursors from nevada into normal fallout 2? They look so much better.

In fact there's loads of things I'd love to be modular from Nevada, like the hints perk.

These are custom cursors from Olympus 2207. You can fix it like this:
Open ddraw.ini - find: ";Change the Skilldex cursor FROM numbers"... and replace the values to... =293

Last edited:
These are custom cursors from Olympus 2207. You can fix it like this:
Open ddraw.ini - find: ";Change the Skilldex cursor FROM numbers"... and replace the values to... =293

Sorry I meant I really like the custom cursors, I would love to use them in my normal Fallout 2 install. :D

Sorry I meant I really like the custom cursors, I would love to use them in my normal Fallout 2 install. :D
Ou, translation difficulties)
It just won't work:
The icon frames themselves are required.
They must be registered in the appropriate directory.
The values\numbers for each mod will be different.
Specify which version the icons are needed for... original, Rpu, UPu, or another...

Yeah I figured it would be complicated, my "normal" install is just RPU with sfall extended and a bunch of smaller mods added.

God I wish Nevada Band would give this unpolished gem a second pass. It's one step removed from greatness, can't stop playing it. Literally learning how to script just so that I can tinker with it.

Question about SPECIAL stats.
There are a few ways to improve them after character creation. Like the investigator perk for intelligence, or becoming a boxing champion for more endurance.
Is there a way to increase agility through gameplay? How to do it apart from the gain agility perk?
Yes, it's the age-old dilemma: start with AGI 9 or 10 ;)

Last edited:
There are a few ways to improve them after character creation. Like the investigator perk for intelligence, or becoming a boxing champion for more endurance.
Is there a way to increase agility through gameplay? How to do it apart from the gain agility perk?

doesn't the karmic triat you get from picking too many locks give you agility?

also succesfull nuka cola trade deals+ becoming a nuka cola factory legal salesman seposedly gives +1 lk
You'll get +1CHA +25 max hp and +5 healing rate for using the complete set of healthcare tools, you'll get from collecting the components and putting them into the company's vending machine. can't remember anything about PE and ST right now..

You mean the perk for cracking all the big storage safes in major locations? Maybe, the perk description does not mention an agility boost :confused:
no it's not for opening all storage safes, it's for opening large number of locks. 100 locks or so.. and I don't remember if it gave AG boost or not, simply don't remember, but lockpicking skill is definetly tied to Agility, so the karmi triat might be a bonus to ag who knows.. especially that SPECIAL Bonuses are tied to karmic triats in Fo:Nevada like shit to WC

There's nothing to raise Agility aside from the perk.

no it's not for opening all storage safes, it's for opening large number of locks. 100 locks or so.. and I don't remember if it gave AG boost or not, simply don't remember, but lockpicking skill is definetly tied to Agility, so the karmi triat might be a bonus to ag who knows.. especially that SPECIAL Bonuses are tied to karmic triats in Fo:Nevada like shit to WC
You are probably right about the requirements for the perk itself. It's just that in all my 3 playthroughs so far, I always got the perk after opening one of those large storage containers. Either a pretty big coincidence, or maybe these containers count more towards getting the perk than other locks :scratch:
And unfortunately, I can confirm what Proletären wrote: the perk does not raise agility. Oh well, good thing I started with 8 Agility.

Controversial hot take: the Gifted trait is not as beneficial in this TC, as it is in the base game. Or any other TC I know of. I am currently playing with Skilled+Good Natured, and having a lovely time. Though I am in the habit of skipping the perks for level 3 and 6 anyway, because I don't like any of them. So getting fewer perks doesn't really hurt my character.

So it seems the devs have finally updated the official version of Nevada with all the latest fixes. Can anyone brief what Extended Edition has except bug fixes and English translation?

So it seems the devs have finally updated the official version of Nevada with all the latest fixes. Can anyone brief what Extended Edition has except bug fixes and English translation?

When you say "updated", you mean like latest versions of SFall and Hi-res mods? Nothing was updated in regards to the game itself? Changelog anywhere? :confused:

I think I only ever played Extended/Foxx's version or whatever it's called, any real difference between the two? I noticed some new stuff in the Crazy version, but it mostly felt like cut content that should've remained out.

When you say "updated", you mean like latest versions of SFall and Hi-res mods? Nothing was updated in regards to the game itself? Changelog anywhere? :confused:
I mean the one on their website. They use sfall 3.5 or something, very old. Don't know about changelog, I guess they took the fixes from unofficial community repacks and made them official.

Back