Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Ok, I fixed a lot of the text missing files today, started translating Gerlach, and believe me those people sure are talking too much!!! the files were huge, I did the least amount of files I ever did before and I worked all day, what the hell!!! I started with the biggest dialogs in the settlement just so I have less translating tomorrow for bug hunting and polishing a little bit
Today 4 files have been translated, 286 total 552 to go, the biggest dialog I ever translated is a hunter in Gerlach he gives the player two quests (which are kind of a pain in the ass) and he has his own private, entire dedicated just for him, two huge files, I started translating the one reached somewhere in the middle, and I just could not work anymore, I was making so many typos and caught myself losing the meaning in some conversations, I'm just tired, it's late and will finish it tomorrow, f that guy!!!

@Dionis
I admire your passion. But this part "I started translating the one reached somewhere in the middle, and I just could not work anymore, I was making so many typos and caught myself losing the meaning in some conversations, I'm just tired" you should watch for.
If you work yourself too much your translation will not be far from google special. Which in terms will defeat the purpose of having a somewhat quality English adaptation of Nevada so the players can enjoy all the dialogs and the quests.
Remember, a "quality" tortoise wins over a "quantity" hare:) Trust me, it's coming from a guy who knows a thing or two about translating.

Good luck with the project

@Dionis
I admire your passion. But this part "I started translating the one reached somewhere in the middle, and I just could not work anymore, I was making so many typos and caught myself losing the meaning in some conversations, I'm just tired" you should watch for.
If you work yourself too much your translation will not be far from google special. Which in terms will defeat the purpose of having a somewhat quality English adaptation of Nevada so the players can enjoy all the dialogs and the quests.
Remember, a "quality" tortoise wins over a "quantity" hare:) Trust me, it's coming from a guy who knows a thing or two about translating.

Good luck with the project
I agree with you 100%, that's why I stopped as I mentioned before, and no my translation is far more different than Google, remember I'm not a professional translator, I'm just one Russian dude that fell in love with this game (yes for me it's a totally new classic Fallout GAME not a mod), I'm just is trying to bring it to the rest of the world, my purpose is to make the game understandable for everybody, and from there someone else with a little more knowledge in English writing can take over, and if there is no one around I will try to do it myself as I can, but for now rough translation will do, I can start fixing dialog when this thing is finished, which judging by the fact that I'm going to be working mostly alone will take much time and energy to do

The Gerlach is coming up people, in about three to four hours I believe it will be ready, a lot of additional dialog trees have been discovered during my translation, it seems there is more quests here than I remembered

10 more dialog files have been translated today,296 done 542 to go, and yes almost forgot
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oge3xx9plb51w3z/FN Translation v0.03.7z?dl=0
Here is the Gerlach translation, there is one small file I was too lazy to find, you will notice when you hunting geckos, but it's not that important, I hope you enjoy
If there is any problem with the download or you find any bugs in the texts, just let me know

People there has been some miscalculation on my part, i just reorginized my desktop workspace and placed everything in order so the files are more easy to find and manage.
There 296 total translated files and 552 left(not 542), nothing too much important but i just like keeping everything in order.
Also did you guys liked the translation so far? Should i continue or you dont find it enjoyble enough to be something more than a google translation ( no offence to the guy that did the Google translation its still must have been a huge amount of work)

Hey man, great job! Much better than any google translation! Please go on. I would help you man, but I'm not native russian speaker and neither english.

People there has been some miscalculation on my part, i just reorginized my desktop workspace and placed everything in order so the files are more easy to find and manage.
There 296 total translated files and 552 left(not 542), nothing too much important but i just like keeping everything in order.
Also did you guys liked the translation so far? Should i continue or you dont find it enjoyble enough to be something more than a google translation ( no offence to the guy that did the Google translation its still must have been a huge amount of work)
Keep up the good work, I think many people will pick up the translation is near completion. So don't bother by the lack of the attention from other people.

Sorry guys i didnt posted yesterday, honestly i didnt had any time to work and only translated one file just to keep the progress going, i will post today i'm translating Black Rock right now, and it has even biger dialogs, i think the towns will be harder to translate fast as i making progress up until New Reno, i have noticed that probably half of what remained is Reno dialog, also half of Black Rock dialog is kind of boring honestly so i'm almost falling asleep as i translating this beast, please forgive me if i will translate less these days its just that i'm getting tired at work lately, and without any help from anybody it is very hard, all of you that worked at something like this should understand

Do you have a native English speaker working with you to clean up the dialogue? I'm sure your text is understandable like your posts, so it wouldn't be that hard to just make sure it is proper.

Last edited:
Do you have a native English speaker working with you to clean up the dialogue? I'm sure your text is understandable like your posts, so it wouldn't be that hard to just make sure it is proper. I could fill that role if you want. I have no social life.

Please play what I have already translated first! if you're sure you can do better than that then pm me.

Last edited:
Hey man, how you doin'? I hope everything goes well. Some news about Black Rock translation? I cannot wait for it :).
Take care man!

4 huge files have been translated 292 totall 548 to go, i'm sorry I missed for so long it's just i needed to find my insparation to continue, Black Rock translation is going well i believe in two days i will have it ready, also please understand translating this beast can become quite tiresome so i will need to take brakes from time to time, it would be amazing if some russian dude would help me out here, but so far no luck

it would be amazing if some russian dude would help me out here, but so far no luck
Can't promise to be fast as Flash but something could do though my translating skills are quite worn.

5 files have been translated, 297 totall, 543 to go, Black Rock translation is coming, just give me a day or two

Dionis go easy, there's no rush. A few files a day is more than enough. The tortoise beats the hare. :cool:

6a00d8341bf90553ef0147e429f93a970b-pi

:razz: thanks man, its ok really, i used to rush this thing in the begining, but now i work slower so i can rest and enjoy this, also there is a professional helping me out right now he fixes my bad english and he will bring the dialog to a level this game deserves, so im less stressed out right now, there is not much left for Black Rock, so im pretty sure it will be released today, i hope youre enjoying the game and our humble translation, if we go like this, nice and steady we will finish this before Christmas

People I have finished Black Rock translation, and i will post it later after a small polish (after 2 to 3 hours)
I want your advise on something, the next settlement i will be translating is Lovelock, its an Indian village with alot of surprises, so i will have to mimic the accents and the way native americans talk (never thought i would have to study acting translating this thing:whatever:), please if you know any good old westerns where i can see how native americans talk or act it would be amazing if you told me.
Just please show me some good movie where its 100% i will hear tribe man speaking to white man in some cool western hollywood fashion

Sorry guys just ran into some stupid bug, i cant figure it out, yet, but im working on it

11 files have been translated, 308 totall, 532 to go, sorry no translation today, altough i translated all the files for the settlement there are still quite a few items left to translate, i fixed the bug i encountered, tomorrow i will upload the translation

Back