Fallout: New California Trailer And Other Irradiated News

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
T

TorontoReign

More assorted Fallout goodness shuffled my way today, so I felt like sharing it. This should have something for everyone. First we have a teaser from Fallout: New California.

I was going to complain about nothing but action but it is named the action teaser so there's that. Fallout: New Vegas still kicking ass and taking names in 2018.

Now a Fallout 4 project I just learned about (or rediscovered considering it was silent for some time) called Fallout: New Ronto. At least it looks nice. I'm not seeing much progress on their Twitter, but there is a faint pulse.

https://twitter.com/Teabone3/status/832133738360344576

C4xT2cmVYAMdgsB.jpg

28277139_791237394594512_1088560682041301408_n.jpg

Lastly here is a standard Fallout 3 playthrough proving why the game is still popular. This guy made me laugh my ass off. I am curious how many times he crashed making the video if at all.

Harold's heart being underground is especially absurd come to think of it. I forgot all about that. What incentive does Bethesda honestly have to improve though when the bugs are played for laughs like this? Of course playing through a buggy mess is a lot harder than watching the edited snippets of it. Food for thought.

Last but not least we have an interesting article from Eurogamer that relates to Vault 11 and Fallout: New Vegas.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-17-the-horror-of-vault-11

Vault 11 designer Eric Fenstermaker speaks about the making of the human condition.

Eric Fenstermaker is a writer and designer who worked at Obsidian Entertainment for over a decade before leaving to go freelance. He had a hand in Neverwinter Nights 2, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, Fallout: New Vegas, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Pillars of Eternity, Pillars of Eternity: The White March Parts 1 and 2 and Pillars of Eternity 2, writing, designing levels, scripting and playing with gameplay systems design. He got his start in college as a summer programming intern at Pipeworks Software in Eugene, Oregon, working on a couple of Godzilla fighting games. "I was a big Godzilla fan growing up, so it was a pretty great introduction to the industry, and everyone there was just really cool to work with," he tells Eurogamer.

Obsidian was Fenstermaker's first job after college. He inched his way into level and narrative design over time after joining as a gameplay scripter. New Vegas was about halfway into his time at the studio. "At that point I was a level-designer-who-was-allowed-to-write-his-own-stuff," he says. "That's a good job because the ratio of creative freedom to overall responsibility is very favourable."

More recently, Fenstermaker wrapped up work on Pillars of Eternity 2. "I remained narrative lead through pre-production, and then I moved out-of-house to work as a part-time contractor instead," he says. "So I ended up writing a companion, Edér, for that project over this past year. He was a lot of fun to write in the first game, and the other writers on that team are terrific to collaborate with, so doing him for the sequel was a no-brainer to me."

I haven't forgotten about the post apocalyptic movie reviews. Stay tuned.

We were here before the fall.

Fallout 3 is clearly their least popular game, whether it be because of what it did to the series or how hard it is to keep running, and yet as of the moment I am posting this, the Fo3 Nexus has had 10 new mods this week with only one being a a bug fix, and the bug fix at that is for a mod and not the base game itself.

I think it really says that when no matter what the general consensus about a Bethesda game is, the fact that there will always be someone happy to play and create new mods for it, means Bethesda games always have their own audience.

I didn't see it until writing this post, but Bethesda's Fallout really parallels The Elder Scrolls in how every game is pretty drastically different in gameplay, story, and lore, but still each game remains popular and cherrished by their communities.

I'm sure everyone here at NMA would agree that Fo3 is terrible, but outside there are people who argue otherwise, maybe even people who argue Fo3 is the best in the series.
And ultimately I think that the existence of such people means that Bethesda knows how to create something truly special, whether it be for better or worse.

Not yet worth it's own thread since these things rarely pan out, but Fallout 4 is getting a Florida mod.

It has numerous mechanical and technical improvements over New Vegas, despite everything else it removed.
It also has numerous mechanical and technical obstacles over New Vegas. That is why many good modders started making mods for FO4 when it came out, and then just went back to make mods for FNV and got bored of working on FO4 content.
It does have a few things I like over New Vegas, but I personally, would never make a mod for it while I still have NV.

There's a new trailer for fallout: new california that shows the release date.

I feel like new california is going to be a very bad fanfiction.

Not yet worth it's own thread since these things rarely pan out, but Fallout 4 is getting a Florida mod.

Why is Miami so intact looking, including the beach chairs?

It looks more like it got hit by a neutron bomb and this is just a couple of years later.

Anyway this won't get finished.

Yeah I am also not really sold on the content of New California to be honest.
Yeah there are some things I dislike about this mod, it looks like those games that try too hard to be cinematic, the mod also gives your character a back story just like f3 and f4 which I hate, except you get to choose one of 2 back stories. Also this mod seems to be based on some of the shittier lore of f2.

I personally did not like new reno, the whole mafia thing was too gimmicky and the economy did not make sense.

I personally did not like new reno, the whole mafia thing was too gimmicky and the economy did not make sense.

Most of the series makes no sense. I find it amusing people like the Kings but not New Reno.

I'm down to just get more content made from fans. I'll try out most of these mods. I gotta agree with New Vegas being a better game to mod with only because I don't want to use the leveling and perk system from Fallout 4 unless the modder completely overhauled that portion of it.

Ive been waiting forever for this mod to actually come out. Im glad that they have a release date because Id like to play it.

I just checked their facebook page.

New California won't be released in October, it will be released in few weeks.

Apparently expansion for Fallout board game is also called New California (it was announced 2 days ago) and to avoid problems with Bethesda they decided to speed things up and release what they have now (with some things added in upcoming weeks).

Fallout: New California facebook page
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=358658337511583&ref=content_filter

Page about expansion (creator's website)
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/13/new-california/

Back