Fallout: New Vegas FAQ

Mikael Grizzly said:
Which other Fallout developers are at Obsidian?

Other people at Obsidian who worked on previous Fallout games include Chris Avellone, Feargus Urquhart, Chris Jones, Chris Parker, Darren Monahan, Brian Menze, Jesse Reynolds and Rich Taylor. At least some of them are likely to be on the New Vegas team.

Heh. From MCA's Facebook
Chris Avellone spent most of Monday in future Vegas and is tired.

what i really want to see is afew wondering tribe members from the Chosen Ones tribe but i don't want to hear about them escaping from the Enclave or anything like that just want to hear the story of what happened to the Chose One after destroying the Enclave

since fallout 1&2 were so "great",why would anyone have a problem with beth reusing anything? especially since must people hadn't played 1 or 2.

sampson70 said:
since fallout 1&2 were so "great",why would anyone have a problem with beth reusing anything? especially since must people hadn't played 1 or 2.
Because it's not their own ideas. They're stealing the original Fallout's ideas and using them in their own game in a disgracefully shitty way.

LoggingInTakesTooMuchWork said:
Well, would they really be able to pull off a seamless isometric world using Gamebryo? I'm assuming they're going to be given all of Beth's tools which means seperate everything using 'cells'. I don't really want a repeat of Washington D.C with impassable rubble piles, and forced transistion through subways.

linearity and tedious FTL?

aye, matey.
:rip:

Reconite said:
sampson70 said:
Because it's not their own ideas. They're stealing the original Fallout's ideas and using them in their own game in a disgracefully shitty way.

It's not like Fallout1/2 was completly original ot begin with.

Hi Im new here but have important question about FNV bug. I dont want to found another useless thread so Im asking here. Sorry about grammar Im not native English speaker. I never talked to a Boone in tower in Novac to start quest One for my baby but he reacts like Im already put someone to be killed there. Reload the save or talked with people doesnt help. Can somebody of you help me with this? Also Boone is always in tower and not Manny. At evening,morning,night...Maybe I can use console commands but I cant find stage command just quest command. Hope somebody will help me.

Yeah really funny guys but like I said I dont want create another thread just for question. Plain and simple.

Yeah really funny guys but like I said I dont want create another thread just for question. Plain and simple.

Load an earlier save. The lady in the hotel is naughty naughty. Find info on her tell Boone, take naughty lady in front of tower. Bang bang lady ded BOOne is your new best fiend

Hi Im new here but have important question about FNV bug. I dont want to found another useless thread so Im asking here. Sorry about grammar Im not native English speaker. I never talked to a Boone in tower in Novac to start quest One for my baby but he reacts like Im already put someone to be killed there. Reload the save or talked with people doesnt help. Can somebody of you help me with this? Also Boone is always in tower and not Manny. At evening,morning,night...Maybe I can use console commands but I cant find stage command just quest command. Hope somebody will help me.

Save scum is your friend.
Console codes are your friend.
Sounds like a bug.
Using mods?
What system?

I actually sorta recall encountering that bug a decade ago but...

Bugs
  • On rare occasions, non-player characters (including Jeannie's) AI walking script will stop working. As a workaround, the player must push the non-player character to the location to complete the quest. A more convenient alternative is to get to your intended position, open the console, and type in two commands: prid 0008d74c (selecting Jeannie after telling her to go in front of the dinosaur), moveto player. [verified]
  • Sometimes you will not have the talk option to make Jeannie May follow you in front of the Dinosaur. The best way to fix this is to talk to Jeannie outside when she leaves around midnight or talk to her in her home while she is sleeping. If this doesn't work, simply exiting and then re-entering the Dino-Deelite Lobby or Jeannie May's house will bring back the dialogue option. [verified]
  • Obtaining the evidence before talking to No-Bark will result in a quest completion for the optional objectives. [verified]
  • Sometimes the evidence will not appear in the safe, halting your progress unless high enough speech is available to convince Boone without it. [verified]
  • Sometimes upon trying to complete the quest, there will be no dialog option to show Boone the Bill of Sale, rendering the companion recruitment broken. (Note: This bug may be due to having a negative reputation with the NCR. Regaining a positive reputation with them may fix the dialogue gap.) [verified]
  • After completing the quest Boone's beret might remain in your inventory. [verified]
  • If the Courier tells Jeannie (or any other person) to go stand in front of the dinosaur and he/she doesn't have Boone's hat on, Jeannie won't get shot and the option to take her to the front of the Dino will disappear forever. [verified]
    • Waiting for her to go out at midnight and saving/reloading occasionally fixes this bug.
  • Just after completing this quest, when you leave Boone up in the mouth, you may come out to find Boone re-entering the gift shop and going up to the mouth as if starting his shift. [verified]
  • Sometimes if the Courier tells Jeannie May to go in front of the dinosaur, it will give the compass tick for Boone being in the mouth of it. If the Courier then goes into the dinosaur, Boone will be inside the gift shop, aiming at the wall/stairs and not moving.[verified]
  • Sometimes if the Courier is under the influence of alcohol products (beer, wine, whiskey, scotch, etc.), and if you decide to have Jeannie killed, the prompt to ask her to stand in front of the dinosaur will not appear. If you are under the influence, you must wait until their effects are gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Save scum is your friend.
Console codes are your friend.
Sounds like a bug.
Using mods?
What system?

I actually sorta recall encountering that bug a decade ago but...

Bugs
    On rare occasions, non-player characters (including Jeannie's) AI walking script will stop working. As a workaround, the player must push the non-player character to the location to complete the quest. A more convenient alternative is to get to your intended position, open the console, and type in two commands: prid 0008d74c (selecting Jeannie after telling her to go in front of the dinosaur), moveto player. [verified]
    Sometimes you will not have the talk option to make Jeannie May follow you in front of the Dinosaur. The best way to fix this is to talk to Jeannie outside when she leaves around midnight or talk to her in her home while she is sleeping. If this doesn't work, simply exiting and then re-entering the Dino-Deelite Lobby or Jeannie May's house will bring back the dialogue option. [verified]
    Obtaining the evidence before talking to No-Bark will result in a quest completion for the optional objectives. [verified]
    Sometimes the evidence will not appear in the safe, halting your progress unless high enough speech is available to convince Boone without it. [verified]
    Sometimes upon trying to complete the quest, there will be no dialog option to show Boone the Bill of Sale, rendering the companion recruitment broken. (Note: This bug may be due to having a negative reputation with the NCR. Regaining a positive reputation with them may fix the dialogue gap.) [verified]
    After completing the quest Boone's beret might remain in your inventory. [verified]
    If the Courier tells Jeannie (or any other person) to go stand in front of the dinosaur and he/she doesn't have Boone's hat on, Jeannie won't get shot and the option to take her to the front of the Dino will disappear forever. [verified]
    • Waiting for her to go out at midnight and saving/reloading occasionally fixes this bug.
    Just after completing this quest, when you leave Boone up in the mouth, you may come out to find Boone re-entering the gift shop and going up to the mouth as if starting his shift. [verified]
    Sometimes if the Courier tells Jeannie May to go in front of the dinosaur, it will give the compass tick for Boone being in the mouth of it. If the Courier then goes into the dinosaur, Boone will be inside the gift shop, aiming at the wall/stairs and not moving.[verified]
    Sometimes if the Courier is under the influence of alcohol products (beer, wine, whiskey, scotch, etc.), and if you decide to have Jeannie killed, the prompt to ask her to stand in front of the dinosaur will not appear. If you are under the influence, you must wait until their effects are gone.
Those images do not display Mr ✂-------- and paste bot :P Sometimes I get the feeling I am being followed.

The question was asked moons ago. People must learn to save. Save in different blocks or at the start of a place ffs.

It can screw you up if you use mods and the whole save is corrupted, but yes save so often you never need to make a thread like this because you can just reload. No worries though will be happy to continue to attempt to try to help you with your potential issue.

Without being sarky MODs always fuck up. I was going to mod NV mainly with Nevada sky that kind of graphical stuff. In the end I thought 4kit same old same old problems

I don't need guides or cheats cos I am a gaming GOD :smug:

Back