Fallout New Vegas the Frontier

Uranium on its own is not thruster fuel, it would still require something like water to work with to produce thrust.
Otherwise it would have to be some kind of nuclear electrical engine and they don't produce that much thrust (it takes time for such a rocket to speed up).

As for the technology levels in the Fallout world, it differs per era. They got a head on us on technology like nuclear fusion and power armor, but they are quite behind on miniaturizing of electronics (with the exception of the Big Empty perhaps), and circuitry, and technologies that rely on these.

Like I said, I don't know that much. My logic goes as follows.
"Does it make sense? Does it seem realistic? Is it not stupid?"

And I go from there. Common sense and all that.

Oh my god yes, yes, yes!
I would love that so much!

That's my point though. Why make this giant Call of Duty mod when you could be making fantastic smaller mods making Fallout New Vegas the most awesome game ever?

The Legion getting hold of a tank and using it like the Roman's tortoise formation would be great.

Sorry if I'm coming across as a whiny asshole. This mod does look great and the guy's behind it should be proud of themselves. From the trailer alone I can see they've made a game superior to anything Bethesda's churned out in the last few years.

I guess I'm still pissed off that there are STILL no mods adding locations on the Legion side of the Colorado river. Not to mention there are next to no mods set in Legion territory at all.

I really need to just get a proper gaming PC and attempt to make these mods myself. It doesn't seem like anyone else is going to bother.

some sort of super mutant in Power Armor which I am convinced is based on a design some modders made for Frank Horrigan in Fallout New Vegas
You probably don't really care but yeah that was from a pre-existing NV mod:

Last edited:
Also, if you think that The Frontier may be a bit too combat oriented, watch this video.

Wow, that really reminds me of the Pitt. It also makes me think that this is what the Combat Zone in FO4 should have been. Rather than just shooting the raiders, they capture you and force you to fight and strip you of all your gear. Beat enough raiders and you get Cait as a companion or something. Maybe you have to beat Cait too because she's the champion or some shit. But anyway, I like that video a lot, thanks for sharing. Hopefully something like that'll actually be in there and it isn't a sweet little lie.

Last edited:

Well there ARE a few quests in the New Vegas Bounties series that take place in Arizona. Unfortunately during these missions it's usually for a bounty or a slave-freeing raid party. You can interact with a few nonlegionaries though, kinda like Dale Barton in The Fort. So I mean, it's out there. Just very minorly.

Sadly enough actually, the guy who made the New Vegas Bounties series was going to make a Legion mod titled "Sinners and Saints" or something like that. Essentially it would be a pro-Legion mod where you can side with the Legion rather than just shooting them all. Only thing is, it would take place in the Legion's capital, Flagstaff, during a slave revolt. If you sided with the Legion, you'd have to make some pretty gruesome decisions, such as killing children and women in order to convince the male slaves to obey orders. Things like that. Unfortunately he cancelled it fairly recently, saying he was tired of working on New Vegas. It's such a shame, it sounded like a great mod.

Last edited:
Well there ARE a few quests in the New Vegas Bounties series that take place in Arizona. Unfortunately during these missions it's usually for a bounty or a slave-freeing raid party. You can interact with a few nonlegionaries though, kinda like Dale Barton in The Fort. So I mean, it's out there. Just very minorly.

Sadly enough actually, the guy who made the New Vegas Bounties series was going to make a Legion mod titled "Sinners and Saints" or something like that. Essentially it would be a pro-Legion mod where you can side with the Legion rather than just shooting them all. Only thing is, it would take place in the Legion's capital, Flagstaff, during a slave revolt. If you sided with the Legion, you'd have to make some pretty gruesome decisions, such as killing children and women in order to convince the male slaves to obey orders. Things like that. Unfortunately he cancelled it fairly recently, saying he was tired of working on New Vegas. It's such a shame, it sounded like a great mod.

GODDAMMIT! That sounds exactly like what I had been looking for.

Dammit, it even has a Spartacus-style storyline, exactly what I was thinking would be a neat thing to do.

It's a frustrating thing now. Fallout New Vegas is a five year old game. I can understand modders getting bored of it, but it's weirdos like me who still want to see more done with it, because it still has so much more potential.

Last edited:
I really need to just get a proper gaming PC and attempt to make these mods myself. It doesn't seem like anyone else is going to bother.

I would collaborate with you if I have FNV modding skills.
I still want to make that prison mod I keep talking about, the one based on Tibbet's Facility from Van Buren.
And no, I don't care how old Fallout New Vegas is. Fallout 4 may look better but gameplay wise it is such a major step forwards, I am not even sure if it is possible to implement the skill and perk system of FNV into it.

Earth, if you make a Legion mod count me in. I love the Legion as a faction and I'm disappointed by the lack of mods explaining their side. Fighting them get's boring quickly.

I haven't played through this mod yet but it looks like it has a pretty good Legion presence, it's a reworking of Honest Hearts that sees you working for a Legion detachment sent to assassinate Joshua Graham and merge the Zion tribes into the Legion: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60431/? the only problem is that it's pre-tailored for Profligates Anti-Legion players, but you can still side with them.

Last edited:
I haven't played through this mod yet but it looks like it has a pretty good Legion presence, it's a reworking of Honest Hearts that sees you working for the Legion to assassinate Joshua Graham,merge tribes into the Legion and, find military assets for the Legion: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60431/? the only problem is that it's pre-tailored for anti-Legion players, but you can still side with them.
Oh yeah that... looks worth it and might have a look.

I haven't played through this mod yet but it looks like it has a pretty good Legion presence, it's a reworking of Honest Hearts that sees you working for a Legion detachment sent to assassinate Joshua Graham and merge the Zion tribes into the Legion: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60431/? the only problem is that it's pre-tailored for Profligates Anti-Legion players, but you can still side with them.

Gah! I'm sure the story they've cooked up is decent but good god...unprofessional voice acting...shudders...

I wouldn't hold up hopes for Legion mods from me to suddenly appear anytime soon. I don't even have a computer that can run Fallout New Vegas.

Just saying, if you guys are wanting to collaborate on mod-making, you might have to wait a while...:smugoticon:

I wouldn't hold up hopes for Legion mods from me to suddenly appear anytime soon. I don't even have a computer that can run Fallout New Vegas.

Just saying, if you guys are wanting to collaborate on mod-making, you might have to wait a while...:smugoticon:
Ahh... I see. And I can't run GECK anyway...

Back