Fallout PNP additions and revisions

That's certainly been a long minute since I last posted. Glad to see everyone is sharing all their ideas and whatnot. Someone made a suggestion about someone coming up with a new PNP rulebook. One that accommodates table-top play a bit better. That's a good idea. I won't say, "I'll be the one" because I am not sure I'll be the only one to contribute. Really that's something everyone can do. Pitch in, let us know what your house rules are, what you'd tweak if it were up to you. Then one of us can come along, gather up all the input and compile it all into workable material.

The perks from the original games always worked for my players. Yes, many of them are combative. Others aren't. And there's always room for expansion. As long as someone mediates to make sure game-breaking additions don't happen, or mirrors of higher level perks don't happen then I say it never hurts to include it. Room for improvement is a blessing.

Really, roleplay is just an immersive story and some combats were over before they began because I was introducing a new faction that would intimidate the players enough that they grew an instant respect for a faction and exercize well-deserved caution. As long as it entertains everyone and challenges the players to do their best then everybody wins. As far as railroading the storyline, well, sometimes you have to do that. Balance it with open play and your characters have nothing to complain about. Allow the players the option at a later date to go back and do what they want when they can actually take on that Brotherhood Patrol that came up on them out of nowhere driving hummers with gatling gun attached ontop and to the sides - personally I'd rather entice the players to ally with them through whatever means it takes. Possible even become members if they can. But that's just me and how I operate.

If you have questions about the Brotherhood of Steel, ask away. Maybe some of the material I've written up will eventually get typed up. I'll look it all over for you guys to give answers. As far as the Enclave, hmm. In my opinion that's always been an NPC organization that's used as the antagonist against the 'heroes' lol. If you want to know how they operate and maybe some campaign ideas to pitch at your players then I'll look back over all my Fallout I and II data (I have files and files - somewhere.)

The relative differences in ages and levels between sessions in campaigns from different GMs doesn't matter so much as the measurable gain the players got out of it all. Levels and XP are one reward, building social networks, establishing a means of monetary reward and maybe even gaining a monopoly or empire of sorts is another. It's an approach that works for one GM but not necessarily another. Aging between hero-needed times happens.

Hey! New guy here. A few pages back you mention a map, McCabbe. The link sadly doesn't work for me, but I'd really love to take a look at what you've done with the core region. Could you possibly re-upload it elsewhere, pretty please? :P

Back