Fallout TV Series Begins Production

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
I think the wearing of vault suits is/was, could be a Maoist plot. Identical uniforms take away individuality at first glance, thereby making the wearers seem equal. It would also have a placating effect on the 'subjects',,, Inhabitants.

The black leather jacketed, jeans wearing ,Fonzie, West Side Story clones showed Americana firmly stuck in the ' Golden Age ' of post war BOOM.

Why bother with a Pip Boy 3000 when the I Phone 264 has far quicker satellite connection ?

I don't give a fuck how skin tight the vault suit is since I am not autistic.

Time to ruin the classic games with new stupid lore!

You know it. It is safe to say that the original games take place in their own continuity and the Bethesda games are set in some weird spin off universe.

Truth is and I know it is petty and vindictive to wish the ruin of people, but I wish this series to fail. Fail hard. Fail very hard. That Bethesda/Microsoft will take a financial beating from this. I want the IP to sour to the point that the Beth-asses start seeing the cracks and that the franchise can finally start dying.

Truth is and I know it is petty and vindictive to wish the ruin of people, but I wish this series to fail. Fail hard. Fail very hard. That Bethesda/Microsoft will take a financial beating from this. I want the IP to sour to the point that the Beth-asses start seeing the cracks and that the franchise can finally start dying.
Oh my dude I don't give a flying fuck about if the mainstream casuals that came in to clap along as Bethesda butchered the series and started wearing its skin and doing a little dance are unhappy with something failing. Fuck 'em. Fuck all of them. Fuck every last single one of them. This series was not made for them and I wish that every single Fallout thing is a miserable piece of shit. Maybe then they'll stop clapping like retarded seals for Bethesda's little skinsuit dance, even if they stop for the wrong reasons they'll at least stop.

Fallout was my favorite series and it got ruined by Interplay's stupid decision and when Bethesda was shown that maybe there is a way to compromise between old and new like FNV did they went and did FO4 that is basically a cockslap to the face. Meaning it got ruined twice over and ever since then it's just been treated horribly. The only reason for why Fallout 76 even fucking exists is because when Zenimax wanted to sell to Microsoft they wanted to pump up those numbers so they demanded a live service be made. Same thing with Arkane and Redfall. Fallout 76 is literally just a cashcow meant to milk idiot (*cough*) whales out of all their money. I don't care who's decision it was, the series is butchered beyond belief and all the clapping-like-seals can eat shit.

I'll be all the petty and vindictive about it.... Whenever I can be arsed to.

Honestly, most of the time I don't even care. Fallout WAS my favorite series. But it was clear a long time ago that it is dead. It's not the first series I loved that has been butchered and it isn't going to be the last. It seems to me like we can't have good things unless they know how to END. It's fun to fling poop at Bethesda (and it's fans (lol (lmao even))) every once in a while but I can't walk around and allow this to live rent free in my head. I had honestly forgotten the TV show as even being made until Proletären decided to grace us with this new bit of info.

I already can't talk about Fallout with people most of the time because they'll want to talk about how cool it is to blow up a feral ghouls head with an ion cannon so the fact that the cultural zeitgeist of Fallout might change even further with the tv-show doesn't really change anything.

Just saying, I loathe Bethesda and I want everything that they touch to... Ynow the story of the prince or king that got cursed and everything he wanted to eat turned to sand in his mouth? Yeah I want that for Bethesda. Beyond Fallout even. And I don't care if 6 billion fans start crying and feeling miserable that their favorite franchise is getting ruined; It never belonged to you anyway, fuck off.

But... That's only when I sink down into the depths of that melted cesspool that used to be my heart and dredge up a bit of hate. Most of the time I don't even care anymore. And I don't think anyone else should either. Everything sucks, it's better to just move on with your life.

Time to ruin the classic games with new stupid lore!
I agree! Now unless they say that this TV Show takes place in a different continuity, then that's fine, and NGL it kinda eases my nervousness for it. Otherwise it's already a bad start, I'm still reserving my complete judgement for it, but yeah things aren't looking to good. Also I completely agree with you @Mr Fish Bethesda Shills clapping & praising all the bull that Todd & company spew!

:-?

It's probably be a different continuity.
Anyway, it's got my favourite actor in it, I'll check it out.

Here's a meme:
Lumii_20230823_113741301.jpg

;) 8-)

I'm kinda wary of them fucking with estabilished canon areas, I thought Bethesda would just hand them some blank spot in the map to have fun with it. Then again, its possible Los Angeles is just the start of the story.

That said, it will be interesting to revisit L.A Boneyard.
I'm actually surprising they are going with L.A, because its NCR territory therefore not that Post-Apoc. Then again, from what I remember, Boneyard is still a tough place even in the era of FO2 and New Vegas.

You know what would be funny? If this show at some point depicts the Brotherhood's raid against the NCR Gold Reserve.

Back