Furioso Flays Fallout Four

I know.

They had that one DLC mission in Metro: Last Light that was basically an open world exploration of a pretty sizeable area.

That was pretty cool.

Yep, I liked that. But I got bored after a while because the whole thing was about you being in the metro. I was hoping for chances to explore the surface. But well, rain :(

Yeah.

I mean, there are more people out there actually analyzing and critiquing stuff now.

The guy who posted that multi-part essay on how disjointed and poorly written Fallout 3 was also has a podcast where he talks about Fallout 4 for a bit.

Mostly covers my feelings about it pretty well.

Thanks for the link. This was really an enjoyable podcast to listen too, although I will politely disagree with them about Fallout 3 having better gameplay then NV. Fallout 3 gameplay was too easy to exploit and made it too easy to become "super powered demi god". With NV there was restriction and there was the ability to put restriction on yourself so you don't have become "super powered demi god" if you didn't want to.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's something I hear a lot about Fallout 3.

That despite its flaws, it somehow plays better than New Vegas.

Which is kind of like saying that a moped rides better than a motorcycle.

I mean, seriously, I feel like that's just something you say to make sure people don't try to dogpile you.

Fallout 3 was just poorly designed from nearly every approach.

Narrative, world-building, combat, character design.

It's just not a very good RPG all round.

It has some inkling of good stuff, but they're smothered in a thick layer of stupid.

Back