Fallout 2 mod Getting ready for Fallout Sonora translation

So who's translation is it?
Kinda weird to see someone drop almost finished translation before anything started here.

Not to mention it's "only" a google translation, but hey, it's a start. Had some good laughts the first minutes already with it, and that's just what the doctor ordered xP

Well, this translation is about as legible as some of the early Nevada translations, so it's not so bad. It does take some intuition and guesswork to figure stuff out, though; "caps" has become "covers" and "lids" and there's a ton of error messages.

So who's translation is it?
Kinda weird to see someone drop almost finished translation before anything started here.

It must be the Mysterious Stranger.

EDIT - Playing it for a bit now using Foxx's version (thank you, once again, btw Foxx!) with this translation. As mentioned there are numerous errors but it is absolutely playable, for those of us who have the menus and mechanics memorized and are incapable of awaiting the artistic translation. Thank you, Mysterious Stranger.

Last edited:
Yeah @Kotkata shouldn't you be busy with Bannerlord, anyway?

By the way, Bannerlord is excellent so far, but the frequency of patches and numerous bugs have decided for me to hold off a bit longer. I've already had to recreate my character and start over three times, and the face-sculpting tool is something I don't like to have to revisit too often, nor the tutorial quests. But I did sincerely love what I saw so far, and surprisingly my PC was able to handle it at medium and above settings with little trouble.

If the Nevada translation project taught me anything, it's that there's a lot to translate. Definitely not something I'd recommend taking on by yourself if you value your own sanity.
You have got a decent point :) But I don't have any idea how big is Fallout 2 community in Turkey. My uncle loves the game, hell i wouldn't even know the game if it wasn't for my uncle. Remember playing it when i was a kid around about 2004-05. It was good times.

Hello fellas, I am soooooooooooooo looking forward to it! How is the translation going? Any chance to have it before Easter? 4 days free from work, would be great to play this!
I send tons of respect to you for making this mod (loved Nevada! although, as always, I wish it was a bit bigger...)
Keep up the goods! Respect.
Na zdrowie, privet!

No way it'll be done before Easter, even using the google translation posted on a page prior. A lot of dialog is poorly translated or actually just won't display (an error message is in its place.) On top of that, the translation has rendered all dialog as having the same 'voice', if you know what I mean. It'll probably take a little bit more work (2 or 3 weeks?) to get it all fixed up.

That being said, it's playable using that translation. Give it a shot.

FSonora
Variant 1: Version 1.00 + fix 3 (archive) (no hrp, sfall, appearance mod)
Variant 2: Version 1.03 + 3 upd 1 (installers) (with hrp & etc)
Variant 3: maybe, in the future full mod version.

No way it'll be done before Easter, even using the google translation posted on a page prior. A lot of dialog is poorly translated or actually just won't display (an error message is in its place.) On top of that, the translation has rendered all dialog as having the same 'voice', if you know what I mean. It'll probably take a little bit more work (2 or 3 weeks?) to get it all fixed up.

That being said, it's playable using that translation. Give it a shot.

I tried it, and so far I understood all the quests in the villa, with a couple of error messages scattered throughout. Then I went to Garage City, and there were so many talking to the guard at the main entrance I had problems understanding parts of the conversation. I don't know why the error message happens, but they show up often in what are supposed to be greeting dialogue. Talking heads don't work - only a black screen appears in their place, which was disappointing since they're one of the characteristic features of Fallout.

I personally know someone fluent in Russian, who if interested could help with the translation. He knows of Fallout, but doesn't play it to my knowledge.

Last edited:
That’s interesting, the talking heads display fine for me. I had similar issues with the gate guard, though.

I have question for the people here who downloaded that file.

I would like to have a look at the translated text even if it is done though Google translate.
Could one of you perhaps upload it for me?
Alternatively perhaps one of you would be willing to Email it to me.

Fallout: Sonora English Translation project: discord.gg/ECGgQeG. Now up and recruiting!
Russian-speaking folks are more than welcome to come and join the team. English speakers are just as welcome, as we will need proofreaders at some point.

Last edited:
I have question for the people here who downloaded that file.

I would like to have a look at the translated text even if it is done though Google translate.
Could one of you perhaps upload it for me?
Alternatively perhaps one of you would be willing to Email it to me.

So @The Dutch Ghost
what seemes to be the problem downloading that google translated file?
It is absolutely possible to download it completely free of charge.
the guy that gave the link did a rough course in Polish regarding downloading of the file.

perhaps i can be of more assistance:

step 01
Step 01.jpg

Step 02:

Step 02.jpg

Step 03:

Step 03.jpg

If there's a geolocalization IP issue (however I doubt it) use some free VPN with Polish IP

Last edited:

Thank you for the explanation and the visually aid, those are always useful.
I had no idea that I had to open a pull down menu in order to be able to download the file.
I had the idea that I had to provide my mobile phone's telephone number in order to receive a SMS in order to be able to download it, hence why I was asking if someone else could mail me the file.

Going to have a look at it though I doubt I can really assist with English sentence correcting as my own grammar can be quite atrocious sometimes.

Edit: Oh boy, there is definitely some literal translation here and there. It makes the sentences sound weird.

Thank you for the explanation and the visually aid, those are always useful.
I had no idea that I had to open a pull down menu in order to be able to download the file.
I had the idea that I had to provide my mobile phone's telephone number in order to receive a SMS in order to be able to download it, hence why I was asking if someone else could mail me the file.

Going to have a look at it though I doubt I can really assist with English sentence correcting as my own grammar can be quite atrocious sometimes.

SMS service would do you no good anyways...
#1 issue this SMS service is reserved for Polish citizens only
#2 this SMS service is tied only to download speeds greater than 0,5MB/s.

So since the whole file has 1.08MB download time grows from 1 sec to 3 sec.
big deal :p

So unless You're trying to download from a telephone modem (like 36kb/s) you should be fine.

Besides I have no idea who made this google translation, however anyone who is somewhat educated in English, can easily fix the text (if only He's willing to do it). though there is a shitload of 'Error' texts ingame. floats, NPC speeches, and dialogue nodes, all require attention.
I myself am currently at Rangers base trying to figure out radiostation spy quest. it's little tricky since the game crashes to desktop whenever i activate the radio.

I myself am currently at Rangers base trying to figure out radiostation spy quest. it's little tricky since the game crashes to desktop whenever i activate the radio.
I suspect that this bug originates with the translation somehow. I'm pretty sure the radio worked in the Russian version I was messing with a few weeks ago. Maybe something about how the script calls dialog was messed up.

I suspect that this bug originates with the translation somehow. I'm pretty sure the radio worked in the Russian version I was messing with a few weeks ago. Maybe something about how the script calls dialog was messed up.

Yeah figured it out too, since after installing patch 1.04 most of the stuff was gone back to Russian,and i could finish the radiospy quest.

Back