Great Quotes From Great Men... and Women to I guess

I just really like Walden. The book is filled with beautiful ideas and is very much quotable. As for Belgium: there's not much nature left here. We have the Ardennes which is one of the last unspoilt areas in this country and every city has a park or two, but that's about it. We have places we refer to as 'forests', but whenever tourists venture there, well, let's just say they can't actually find the forest. They just find some trees and a muddy pond. Sad, really.

QUOTES FROM THE LATE (AND GREAT) HARLAN ELLISON:
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

“The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.”

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”

“The trick is not becoming a writer. The trick is staying a writer.”

“I will use big words from time to time, the meanings of which I may only vaguely perceive, in hopes such cupidity will send you scampering to your dictionary: I will call such behavior 'public service'.”

“I hate when a director says to me 'Here's how I envision this scene'...excuse me? It's right here in the script - I 'envisioned' it FOR you. Do what I wrote. If you want to 'envision', you should become a writer. Where the fuck were you when the page was blank?”

“Get a day job, make your money from that, and write to please yourself.”

"Love ain't nothing but sex misspelled."

Back