Hey guys! We got mentioned in a Nuka World review!

simply non-offensive.
That's maybe not true. It's might be very offensive. Like an actual offense, offense to every single critique about how not Fallout F4 is and what they did wrong, considering the execution of this particular DLC and it's writing.

Eh... I look forward to the day where we get mentioned on Fox News for taking over the World and bringing back slavery and setting up concentration camps for Bethesda fans.

That however, is a dream that is far off, I hope it never arises because slavery and concentration camps are wrong.

What were we talking about again?

IIRC the Scrolls lawsuit against Mojang ended badly for Bethesda.
Does the outcome really matter?, I mean yeah it would be a lot worse had Bethesda won that debate, but regardless of the outcome, the point still stands that Bethesda is the type of corporation that pisses on a word and says nobody else can use it.
it shows that most reasonable individuals have given up on it.
The most reasonable individuals would have realized that NMA had a vision of Fallout from the originals, realized something it could have been, and whether the changes were for better or for worse, that still doesn't mean that some don't get left behind, or dream it would have turned in to something else.

I wouldn't call those who actively came here to make fun, or challenge us reasonable, by any stretch. A reasonable person would be sensitive about it, or try to see where we were coming from.

I wouldn't call those who actively came here to make fun, or challenge us reasonable, by any stretch. A reasonable person would be sensitive about it, or try to see where we were coming from.
And those reasonable people exist, plenty of them. One of them even became administrator on here...

Kinda hard to not get annoyed at something you once loved flopping down the shitter, one slow, sloppy flop at a time leaving a grisly, bitty looking skid mark in it's wake.

That said, the rage has turned into a more reluctant acceptance.

I also like Destructoid's score: Complains about every single aspect of the DLC and how not-Fallout it is, gives it a 6: Slightly above average or simply non-offensive.
Fuck you, if you think it sucks, don't give it a "slightly above average" score!
A 6 from critics is like a 0 these days. Major reviewers talk about all of Fallout 4's problems then go "so my final score for Fallout 4 is sadly...a 9.5/10!" As though that is a bad score. Give anything below an 8 and they might start worrying that their review copies and other stuff will stop coming in.

Someone gave No Man's Sky 100/100 essentially calling it the greatest work of space art ever made so critic scores are often just marketing or clickbait or both. You have to try pretty hard as a major AAA game developer to receive a metacritic critic score under 80/100.

Last edited:
In all honesty, 5 isn't average anymore. 7 or 8 tends to be the new average.
A 6 is pretty okay given that logic.

I personally would have given F4 a 3 or 4, it just sucks so bad yet it isn't the worst game I've played, maybe one of the most insulting.

It should also be noted that scores are extremely hard to give out. A game like BMX XXX is just insultingly bad, a really poor game. Yet you could have fun with how bad and insulting it actually is.
Whereas a game like the newest Thief is just plain boring.

Do you give them both an equal or even close scores? I personally would have to give them 3 and 2 respectively but even then, I feel that's too close as one you could at least have fun with.

The amount of carefully concealed butthurt in this thread has turned my nipples into traffic cones.

It's not to piss off... is to laugh.

NMA has a respected reputation, a lot of other forums say this forum is strict and lives on the past world, but every decent fallout fan respects this community. Also with reviewers, maybe got another point of view but respect this view.

Bethesdaboys are the ones who hate us, but they also hate their neurons, so don't mind.

Yeah at this point I don't really give a shit, I actually enjoyed the DLC because it isn't even trying to be an RPG, and it actually has quite a few New Vegas references, which is nice. It's just a mediocre FPS where I can stroll around in Disney World.

NMA no longer has a minority opinion, even Bethesda.net forums know how shitty Fallout 4 is.

The only real safe space left for (mentally ill) people who actually like the game is r/Fallout4.
I love how anyone who disagrees with you is automatically mentally ill, that's a wonderful mindset to have.

A 6 from critics is like a 0 these days. Major reviewers talk about all of Fallout 4's problems then go "so my final score for Fallout 4 is sadly...a 9.5/10!" As though that is a bad score. Give anything below an 8 and they might start worrying that their review copies and other stuff will stop coming in.

Someone gave No Man's Sky 100/100 essentially calling it the greatest work of space art ever made so critic scores are often just marketing or clickbait or both. You have to try pretty hard as a major AAA game developer to receive a metacritic critic score under 80/100.

Pretty much this. When I bother with game reviews and I see anything with a score of 6 or below, I skip it. Not worth the time and effort, save perhaps for perverse curiosity.

I love how anyone who disagrees with you is automatically mentally ill, that's a wonderful mindset to have.

It was a hyperbole but I can see you took it personally.

As someone who has had to deal with both my mother and my sister being mentally ill, I can very much assure you that the dogmatic mindset of fanboys is nearly identical to the mindset of many people who suffer from mental illness.

You might be the most polite and empathetic Bethesda fan I've encountered but it's still clear from some of your posts, as well as the fact that you even visit this site, that your fanboyism is clouding your judgement of this game.

It was a hyperbole but I can see you took it personally.

As someone who has had to deal with both my mother and my sister being mentally ill, I can very much assure you that the dogmatic mindset of fanboys is nearly identical to the mindset of many people who suffer from mental illness.

You might be the most polite and empathetic Bethesda fan I've encountered but it's still clear from some of your posts, as well as the fact that you even visit this site, that your fanboyism is clouding your judgement of this game.
So you call me a fanboy, even though I don't feverishly defend the game? I'm just not allowed to like it, is that correct? I mean, I criticize it also, but a bunch of people on this site (well to be fair, the ones that visit the F3 and F4 forums) are just the opposite side of the same coin as the feverish Bethesda defenders. No I didn't take it personally, I just found it humors.

Call it hyperbole if you like, but using it quite a bit defeats the purpose.

Edit: and am I not allowed here or something? There are other forums to visit on this site that I enjoy, as well.

What a shitty site this destructoid, can't open their miserable article. Oh well, who cares anyway..
3e8.png

On Twitter my fans sent me a few PMs about NMA when I mentioned I was posting here.

I responded "They're a nice enough bunch once you get past their hate of Bethesda--and I know what it is to hate a gaming company (see Thief and Eidos)."

Everyone here is passionate about Fallout and that should be respected.

Back