How do you deal with all this?

MayonaiseCream

It Wandered In From the Wastes
With this pandemic still threatening us, how are you dealing with anxiety, depression, loneliness etc? Do you play Fallout most of the time? Spending some time here in the forums to vent out? Or are there other things that kept you busy during these times? Just looking for some friendly advice. Thank you.

Mainly by realizing that all media is all lies, and that giving in to their lies is what they want.

Mostly by drinking.

Only half joking.

I got over the fear stage of the virus itself back in March/April. It's more the state of the world itself that causes latent pressure. Things are a bit calmer than they were in the summer where the world was starting to look a lot like the intro montage to a shitty dystopian flick, but I'm studying in the UK and despite the various fluctuations in the rules the pandemic/lockdown has changed the way everything feels. I can't take my girlfriend out for a nice meal, or we can't go to a bar and then go drunkenly dancing at a nightclub. I can't even play tabletop anymore. We just have to remain indoors and do the same thing, day in, day out. I don't fear the virus, the but the world it's created is mentally taxing.

Right now I'm focusing on my short-term responsibilities. Finishing my degree within the next half a year (weird to type that out), and with the vaccine just now rolling out I keep my morale above the water level by thinking about how when I'm free of studying and graduated, the world will likely be in a better place and we can be free again.

Also, drinking.

Home-schooling are the only allowed way of teaching here, and it's pretty much mentally taxing to the kids as well. But we got no choice, and I support it too, with the news around Europe and US about schools having their own lockdown after infection inside is such hard evidence I can't just ignore.

I've personally been enjoying online learning far more than in-person. But if I was a school kid, it would suck pretty badly. Fucking around with my friends, the banter, hanging out etc was what defined school for me.

I have no real fear of dying, so most of my concern is spent worrying about other people I know dying. Since I cannot control this I try not to worry about it at all instead thinking about what would happen if it did happen to desensitize myself to it. I no longer watch the news since this election proved to me that nobody on either side really gives a fuck about YOU, they only want to maintain power. This means I will likely no longer vote since that also does not matter. Whoever is in charge will do whatever they want regardless of what they say.

I don't think I've played very many games this whole lockdown. My Ps4 sounds like a jet engine whenever I try and use it and I have only played a few games on the PC. I never get lonely and depression isn't really an issue for me anymore. Had a lot of relatives wind up dead this past month (not corona) so that's a bummer. I read a little (not as much as I've hoped to) and mostly watched youtube, anime, and a few movies.

We had a relative die recently too. Winter is great for people dying I think.

My cat died of rapid onset renal failure on the 14th. Had to bury him in the snow. December is the death season. I hate it.

Covid has only made me wear masks in public. I still see friends and stuff. Only change for me has been masks which is whatever.

Me and my girlfriend live together and being stuck together during lockdown has made our relationship even stronger which helps a lot, and I've been getting back into trying to read everyday. I had a DnD game that met in person for a while before Texas became completely overwhelmed with disease but now we are trying to play on Roll20.

I've also probably been smoking more weed than I ever have in my entire life.

By doing more provocative things other then doing drugs like a loser and pontificating at people on an internet gaming forum who disagree with them on politics like taking up rock tumbling, soap making, candle making and knitting. I also have been writing a lot for my new mod as well. I tend to find working on a project to be really rewarding. I have also been eating better and am almost back to my high school weight. I try to stay in the positives instead of wallowing in misery, pity, alcohol or drugs.

Last edited:
Law classes don’t provide time for sadness or boredom. Want to distract yourself? Become a lawyer. It’s fun until you start clogging your hard drive with mock-paperwork PDFs.

Oh, I’ve also been replaying every Wolfenstein game from 3D to New Colossus (the game at which point it went to shit).
By doing more provocative things other then doing drugs like a loser and pontificating at people on an internet gaming forum who disagree with them on politics like taking up rock tumbling, soap making, candle making and knitting. I also have been writing a lot for my new mod as well. I tend to find working on a project to be really rewarding. I have also been eating better and am almost back to my high school weight. I try to stay in the positives instead of wallowing in misery, pity, alcohol or drugs.
*relapses into meth out of shame*

Alcohol. Duh.
Sorry to hear you lost relatives.
If you're staying positive,
you can go fuck right off.

You fuckin what mate? You wanna start some shit? I am a Navy SEAL sniper with 4,000 confirmed kills.... (insert the rest of that copypasta here)
I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo

Back