I'm entirely rewriting Fallout 4's story.

I hope you have free time because this may take awhile. Also, do you plan on using other's mods or some form of your own to reintroduce skills? Just curious to know more. Also, it seems the video you link has been removed or is just unavailable.

I'll try to check out the video and listen to it while doing stuff at work sometime soon. Thanks for updating it :ok:

Maybe this is just me, but I think Fallout 3 would be a better choice to rewrite. It has a more competent base to it (actual skills, actual dialogue, etc.), a better (but still pretty bad) plot to build off of, and there's also the Tale of Two Wastelands mod to make it less shit.

Fallout 4 seems like a lost cause that's just better being written off as completely non-canon, like BOS. Fallout 3, to me, currently feels semi-canon, much like Tactics. It feels like it has the potential to be a great Fallout successor, just like New Vegas.

I actually have several ideas for a Fallout 3 rewrite too.

(Also it means I wouldn't have to buy Fallout 4 if I wanted to play this.)

Maybe this is just me, but I think Fallout 3 would be a better choice to rewrite. It has a more competent base to it (actual skills, actual dialogue, etc.), a better (but still pretty bad) plot to build off of, and there's also the Tale of Two Wastelands mod to make it less shit.

Fallout 4 seems like a lost cause that's just better being written off as completely non-canon, like BOS. Fallout 3, to me, currently feels semi-canon, much like Tactics. It feels like it has the potential to be a great Fallout successor, just like New Vegas.

I actually have several ideas for a Fallout 3 rewrite too.

(Also it means I wouldn't have to buy Fallout 4 if I wanted to play this.)
The problem with Fallout 3 is that it's basically just FNV but worse, while Fallout 4 at the very least has better graphics and gunplay.

The problem with Fallout 3 is that it's basically just FNV but worse, while Fallout 4 at the very least has better graphics and gunplay.
Honestly, I think the main reason I want a rewritten Fallout 3 is just because of Tale of Two Wastelands.

My man, this is by far one of the best ideas for a Fallout mod I have ever read about.

If there's any way I can help that isn't just dropping a suggestion or two, I'd love to contribute to this project. I have little knowledge of modding but I do believe I can whip up a few good ideas for alterations to specific quests and factions. Well, not just ideas, I'm pretty sure I can write, too.

If you intend on gathering a team for this project, I'd love to climb aboard and give it a try.

Keep us all posted.

Just an idea. Could you get rid of the shitty epic fantasy music by Inon Zur, and get a new composer who actually knows what he's doing and replace F4 soundtrack with eerie post apocalyptic ambient music like first two fallouts have. Also it would be nice if you made the post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland a lot less colorful and more grim and gritty. Bethesda made fallout 4 look way too happy looking if you know what I mean.

Back