Infinite leveling or locked leveling?

Infinite or locked?

• Infinite

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Lock

Votes: 44 88.0%

• Total voters
I don't think Bethesda just said one day "Hey guys! Let's make our game as dull as a butter knife!" I think it's more likely that they just had a slippery slope moment and didn't correct it before release. Now they're stuck with what they made.
It is more of a case of priorities. When you are doing a project, you have to focus on what is most important for it to shine, Bethesda doesn´t get that. They just get whatever idea comes up on their head and just drop it into the game, no matter if it doesnt gel with the franchises genre. Voiced protagonist, total removal fo skills and the settlement system took up the precious development time that they could have used to make this into a good RPG.

I think it's more likely that they just had a slippery slope moment and didn't correct it before release. Now they're stuck with what they made.
Yeah, and the many patches they release didn't correct it at all, but instead broke it even more, they even claimed Pesto Gravy giving you radiant quests over and over again as a 'bug' :roffle:, and in the end the DLCs released so far didn't manage to 'redeem' it at all. Hell, the Season Pass on Steam is now Mostly Negative on Overall (only 29% of the reviewers are 'satisfied').

But hey, there's still the console audience who would give this rip-offs 4.5/5 out of 5 stars rating, so Bethesda's got that going for them.

Yeah, and the many patches they release didn't correct it at all, but instead broke it even more, they even claimed Pesto Gravy giving you radiant quests over and over again as a 'bug' :roffle:, and in the end the DLCs released so far didn't manage to 'redeem' it at all. Hell, the Season Pass on Steam is now Mostly Negative on Overall (only 29% of the reviewers are 'satisfied').

But hey, there's still the console audience who would give this rip-offs 4.5/5 out of 5 stars rating, so Bethesda's got that going for them.

I've still got hope for Fallout 5. No matter what happens.

Totally Lock.
Maybe at level 100, a classic, but where you must think of what your character should become (like in the previous games ) and with his highs and downs in SPECIAL and perks.
Otherwhise you will become something like a OP demigod who can headshot a deathclaw with his own farts.

Locked. And make it a nice looking number too dang it! I'm looking at you Fallout 1 & 2, with your "21" and "99" vanilla level caps. Disgusting. Had to edit the ddraw.ini files to set custom level caps and exp tables to calm down my damn OCD. Thank YHWH for Sfall.

I'd go for both.
at first playthrough You'd be forced to play with a hardcap. after finishing You'd unlock toggable option wether to start a playthrough with the cap or not.
it's because i like both playstyles and both "wasteland is harsh" and demigod oneshotting a deathclaw with a fart appeal to me.

On a side note @Pwener
If You like so much thanking Your God for evrything doesn't it violate his 2nd amendment?
2. Thou shall not use my name in vain.

take a note and lurk in the bible that it is *this* name You shouldn't call out in vain the other name El'Ohim (arabic for El the allmighty) or simply calling "God" is ok to use however. I write this just in case You are a MIA christian and not some kind of mocker thereof.

On a side note @Pwener
If You like so much thanking Your God for evrything doesn't it violate his 2nd amendment?
2. Thou shall not use my name in vain.

take a note and lurk in the bible that it is *this* name You shouldn't call out in vain the other name El'Ohim (arabic for El the allmighty) or simply calling "God" is ok to use however. I write this just in case You are a MIA christian and not some kind of mocker thereof.

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." -Ephesians 5.20

I'm hasitant to discuss Scripture because the last time I did so in a forum got me banned over at Tv Tropes. In the Bible discussion thread no less. Someone actually reported me for pointing out that homosexuals go to Hell according to Scripture. What in the seven circles of hell was I supposed to say? That's what the book says for crying out loud! I took the ban with honor though and told the mod to his face to throw the hammer at me - I didn't do nothing wrong.

Okay that's enough ranting, don't want to raise the alarms and be labeled the resident fanatic (which I'm not).

Back