Kale watcha nei conserva oh!

Tagaziel

Panzerkatze
Orderite
Has anyone ever found a way to figure out the meaning of the phrase Graham utters to Salt-Upon-Wounds?

Kale watcha nei conserva oh!

It's definitely something and Sawyer confirmed it's not a nonsensical string of words.

Kale - ?

watcha - to watch?

nei - no, negation?

conserva - conserve, preserve?

oh - ???

Any ideas?

I am highly interested in this as well, but got no idea.

I'll guess the first thing to do would be to find out the language influences to the words. English is obvious, but what else could be in it? Spanish and german?

Kale might be a bastardisation of Karl, olde word associated with kings and meaning free man, I think.
Bit of a stretch but makes sense in context.

The White Legs' language is a mixture of what exactly? The wikia says, English combined with Languages spoken by tourists and Indigenous people from "Res" (Reservation?)
Could it be a passage of the Bible spoken in their language? Graham loves to quote the Bible.

Just a guess, but it's probably the Spanish word "Cale" which means:

"smack, slap, strike with an open hand soak through, drench; penetrate; permeate; see through; rumble; fix; lower; crush, smash; stop, halt"

"Cale" is a very regionalized term, I had never heard it used in regular sppech, I don't think that is it.

Assuming "nei" is negation, the sentence would be something like this:

(Kale watcha) (negation, eg. not) (conserva oh!)

I assume "Kale" is the subject and "watcha" the predicate, with the rest being a relative clause.

"Nei" in italian means "in" (plural). For example "these things go in the boxes over there".

Also, while I think is a huuuuge stretch, "conserva" is also an italian word which share some of its meanings with the word "riserva" (=reserve). So maybe...reserve as the old indian reserves?

So something like "Go back to where you came from"? :p

Was looking up "Kale watcha nei conserva oh" hoping to find a translation, and found this old thread. Since Walpknut suggested it may be in the bible, I decided to look up bible passages with similar words to what you guys suggested.

I found a possible suggestion. This is a huge stretch, and is most likely just a prediction.

Lets assume that Kale means "King" as Alphadrop suggested. Christians often refer to their God as "Lord" to show some kind of sovereignty, and it's not too out of the question to think that the White Leg's word for "King" and "Lord" is the same, supposing they only have one ruler(Salt-Upon-Wounds)

And "Nei" sounds semi-similar to Neck, as well as "Watcha" sounding almost like "Water"

So maybe "Kale Watcha Nei Conserva Oh" means something along the lines of "God waters neck conserve(Could mean save) Oh!"

I found a part of the bible called Psalm 69. The original King James' translation suggests its: "Save me O God the waters are come in unto my soul.", however several more modern translations have "Neck" instead of "Soul".

Lets assume that this is the correct. Later in the psalm it says "Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal." doesn't this fit the theme of Joshua Graham quite well?, being hunted down and having his home destroyed because he survived an execution.

Anyway, this probably isn't true, but y'know, it's all I've got.

that fucking weaboo.
images

Wow, this is quite the thread revival, isn't it? Well, since it's here now I might as well throw my two cents in. Honestly I don't think there IS a real translation for it, and if there is the developers certainly aren't making it easy for us. But I think the answer to the meaning of "Kale watcha nei conserva oh!" isn't found in that particular sentence, but in the entire quote Joshua uses.

"You took advantage of us at New Canaan to drive us out, and like the dogs of Caesar you are, you followed us to Zion. And now you stand on holy ground, a temple to God's glory on earth. But the only use for an animal in the temple is sacrifice! Kale watcha nei conserva oh! You understand me, don't you? Don't you?"

Obviously Joshua is telling Salt-Upon-Wounds that he made a mistake following him to Zion, but if we look at the entire quote instead of just the word, than I don't think it would be far fetched to assume he was saying something along the lines of "And now you are a sacrifice to god." Given the context of what Graham says, it's in my humble opinion that what he said was probably along those lines.

Sadly, this is probably be one of those Fallout things we'll never actually find out.

If "Kale" could mean "King" or "Lord" then it might mean God. "God watches but will not save you"? That would be a pretty apt line to come right before the Courier steps in to stay Joshua's hand...

Back