Kale watcha nei conserva oh!

I know what it means I took 35 hours but it means "you will die slowly like salt in a wound" I fill like It could mean that the player would die a slow painful death

I think the "Oh" means "You".
Kale watcha nei conserva oh!
"May the lord, not watch over you!"
It defintly has some kind of relation to;
"May god watch over your soul."
Or it could also mean somthing like.
"God as my witness, you will not be preserved."

Last edited:
I made an account just to get involved in this, I'm not sure what the correct translation is but I'm confident I know what it isn't. If we look at the corpus of the White Leg Language, we see that every word in "Kale watcha nei conserva oh!" is unique—it appears nowhere else in the corpus. This rules out translating 'oh' as 'you' because the White Legs word for 'you' can be heard in multiple expressions. The White Legs word for 'you' is 'yoo'. This is further supported by the fact that (at a glance) the White Leg language seems to have a preference for word final deletion and both the English 'you' and Spanish 'tú' becoming 'oh' would buck this trend. Based on this same trend, it seems more likely that 'conserva' is from the Spanish 'conservar' with the final r deleted. This could mean that the word 'watcha' is from the English 'watcher' with the final r deleted rather than 'watch' which is something I haven't seen considered. The word 'watcha' is actually really interesting because there are several White Legs words that could be used to mean watch:
'bai' (used to mean 'look' as in 'look out!')
'shoah' (synonymous with the above)
'look' (used to mean 'search')
'see' (literally means 'see')
'se' (same as above)
As for 'nei' there are two Shoshoni words that could be candidates, one meaning 'me' and the other meaning 'to leave and return'. I'm unsure what the etymology of 'kale' and 'oh' is, whether 'kale' is pounced like the leafy green or like 'parley' makes a big difference and I can't find an audio recording. If it is the later and also a proper noun (though it is at the start of a sentence so it could be capitalized for that reason instead) and also a god, the obvious candidate phonetically is the Hindu god Kali, however it seems unlikely the White Legs would worship Kali or that Joshua would invoke a non-Christian god. If Kale is a god or the god, it's possible that 'oh' is being used in a similar manner to the English exclamation (think "Oh god!"). With all this in mind here are four incomplete glosses based on all of the above:

Kale [watch] [leave and return] [conserve] oh!

Kale [watch] [me] [conserve] oh!

Kale [watcher] [leave and return] [conserve] oh!

Kale [watcher] [me] [conserve] oh!

This is only a few hours' work so I'll put some more thought into this and come back to it later. Might see if I can reach out to any Amerindian linguistics through some mutual colleagues.

But do we know for a fact that Joshua, spoke to SUW in white leg tongue? Joshua, even "playfully" asked if SUW understood what he just said. For all we know it could be Res.

Going through hours of swapping words and translating and moving the sentence through multiple people
E0B7102A-269D-468A-A5AC-F82DC93DEDB8.gif

Was looking up "Kale watcha nei conserva oh" hoping to find a translation, and found this old thread. Since Walpknut suggested it may be in the bible, I decided to look up bible passages with similar words to what you guys suggested.

I found a possible suggestion. This is a huge stretch, and is most likely just a prediction.

Lets assume that Kale means "King" as Alphadrop suggested. Christians often refer to their God as "Lord" to show some kind of sovereignty, and it's not too out of the question to think that the White Leg's word for "King" and "Lord" is the same, supposing they only have one ruler(Salt-Upon-Wounds)

And "Nei" sounds semi-similar to Neck, as well as "Watcha" sounding almost like "Water"

So maybe "Kale Watcha Nei Conserva Oh" means something along the lines of "God waters neck conserve(Could mean save) Oh!"

I found a part of the bible called Psalm 69. The original King James' translation suggests its: "Save me O God the waters are come in unto my soul.", however several more modern translations have "Neck" instead of "Soul".

Lets assume that this is the correct. Later in the psalm it says "Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal." doesn't this fit the theme of Joshua Graham quite well?, being hunted down and having his home destroyed because he survived an execution.

Anyway, this probably isn't true, but y'know, it's all I've got.

this section, highlighted in bold, is interesting, as it could be the translation, although i will admit this is based solely on seeing people in other places translating the sentence as "Kill what you cannot conserve" which frankly i find to be both an odd sentence, even for joshua, and utter nonsense.

Back