Metro Exodus : The REAL Wasteland

What's your excitement level for the new Metro?.

• Over 9000.

• Meh.

• Neutral.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lancerlot

First time out of the vault
  • Open World.
  • Doesn't stray far away from it's root.
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R-ish.

What are your thoughts? are aboard the Hype Train?.

P.S:-

I was disappointed Bethesda didn't announce a new Fallout game >> shame New Orleans

Not hyped, but it does look good, and it's certainly something I'm looking forward to. Gotta finish Metro: 2033 first, though, and finally play Metro: Last Light.

Never really got into Metro as much as I did Fallout or STALKER, this is a good reason to finish up 2033 and try Last Light I suppose. Metro games always have that beautiful polish and atmosphere which so many games fail to achieve though.

I'm not hyped. But I am intrigued (with a tinge of excitement) by the prospects of a new Metro game that follows the outcomes of the new novel (at least from what I can tell).

I do hope it is not open world.

A five options poll would be better. I am between neutral and excited.

- Don't like the open-world part. Not at all.
- A bit worried about the guy removing his gas mask.
- It doesn't feel like the metro will play a big part. That is the name of the series.
- Last Light was nowhere near as good as 2033. I feel that the trend will continue with next episode.

As shooter, survival, exploration game, the game will probably rule with the scenery, the bestiary, some gimmick here and there, some jump scare, or some exploration of empty levels, dreading to see what come next, and hopefully, some exposition about how dark the world had became. On the other hand, i have pretty low expectations for the main plot.

I was disappointed Bethesda didn't announce a new Fallout game >> shame New Orleans

Well Fallout 4 was released in 2015, Bethesda Game Studios is probably focusing on a new Elder Scrolls game and it is unlikely that Zenimax will contract another developer to handle a spin off game.

As for the new Metro game, I don't really have any expectations. Not that I hate the franchise but I am not so into it as other people here.

Don't like the open-world part. Not at all.

Why? i think it's the way to go, it doesn't have to be open but maybe Semi-open world.

A bit worried about the guy removing his gas mask.

I haven't read the novels yet but others says it's explained in 2035.

It doesn't feel like the metro will play a big part. That is the name of the series.

Metros now are the dangerous places, maybe not everyone went to the surface.

ChoChoo

it's not open world. The devs said it is going to have linear and non linear missions, kind of like Last Light with the whole rail car thing. It's about expanding and exploring the rest of Russia, which is why he takes off his mask. The books & games explain that Moscow was hit harder than the rest of the country and that the radiation and other toxins are slowly going away. Other places in the more rural and middle-of-nowhere places would have been hit much less, if even hit at all.

Didn't like the trailer. Yeah, GRAFIX, these are on par with Last Light, but too hollywooden trailer, too nonsensical world and objects design, "запущенский лес", somehow a train survived the apocalypse, stirring away from Moscow, another developer dancing on bones of Deus Ex and S.T.A.L.K.E.R., source material (book Metro 2035) already rotten, all that leaves not much of a hope.

Moscow is not a London, we don't use steam engines underground... Idiot.
im pretty sure if the people of the metro can manufacture weapons and make vodka out of mushrooms, they can build a simple steam engine and throw it onto a train for when they want to explore the rest of Russia.

they can build a simple steam engine
They didn't.

Who didn't get it - it was an ukranian train. In Russia.

BTW, what the fuck developers were thinking when they sold their asses to Microsoft? Windows 10 shop is absoulute trash, prices are unreasonable, user interface is garbage. Exodus' gonna go bust. And Xbox One crowd doesn't seem to like such projects like Metro.

Last edited:
They didn't.

Who didn't get it - it was an ukranian train. In Russia.

BTW, what the fuck developers were thinking when they sold their asses to Microsoft? Windows 10 shop is absoulute trash, prices are unreasonable, user interface is garbage. Exodus' gonna go bust. And Xbox One crowd doesn't seem to like such projects like Metro.

Chill out man, it's coming to steam also, Check this.

did you read my post on another metro thread? there is rumor of support for windows 7 and dx11.
where did you get this? the PS4 version is confirmed, steam confirmed

Edit:Also i dont get your point about steam locomotive/engine, and by that how come for a heavily industrialized nation didn't know anything about building simple thing like steam engine?? Hell, steam power is quite common in power tool next to pneumatic and water-powered mill one

Last edited:
In a post apocalyptic world a steam engine has several advantages. It's robust and can be repaired with relatively simple parts (parts that you can make yourself without much complicated machinery; less intricate than an ICE), and, most importantly, it runs on anything that burns. That's important, because gasoline and diesel and all these fuels are not stable and will rot within a few years. And with the whole apocalypse-thing going on there's no way new fuel is coming in, so a train that can run on chopped would is a good idea.
So I guess this game will be based on a string of levels connected by train rides. At each stop you'll explore a big-ass level to scavenge and stuff, and I guess this time you'll be on the surface a lot more. I haven't read the books besides 2033, but apparently the surface is much cleaner outside the metropolitan areas, which is kinda understandable, so there's a lot more wildlife and plants and you can breathe the air.
Sounds pretty cool tbh, it's an interesting development of the storyline. There's only so much you can do in the metro system before it gets stale, and I'm all for advancing the storyline.

Sounds pretty cool tbh, it's an interesting development of the storyline. There's only so much you can do in the metro system before it gets stale, and I'm all for advancing the storyline.

Sure, the metro series has to move away for being the metro series. I wonder why they still bother with the title...

Looks ok. If they got rid of that stupid fog effect when you're wearing a rebreather I'll have a higher opinion of it.

The the distortion that was caused by that effect was nauseating for me.

Back