Most powerful Fallout 3 character

Sicknessoverload

Still Mildly Glowing
Hello all, Fallout 3 is my favourite video game of all time and I thought I would share my secrets with you in making the strongest character possible. I will be giving a detailed description of my Melee build which is the best playstyle in the game due to Jack. Jack is a unique ripper that can kill raiders and Super Mutants in less than second, and overlords in 4 seconds. It blows all other weapons out of the water, even Vengeance.

IN VAULT SPECIAL
S. 10
P. 1
E. 10
C. 10
I. 1 or 10 (Personally I hate leveling up quickly so I opt for 1 intelligence but if you want extra xp go for 10 INT and very hard.)
A. 1
L. 1

The only three important skills are Strength Endurance and Charisma. During the Escape quest, use Melee to conserve ammunition, Endurance for health, and Charisma for the speech check with Amata to increase Karma.

Once you're out of the Vault your Special should be

S. 8, 9 from Power Armour then 10 from bobblehead
P. 4, 5 from Any Sight perk, 10 from bobblehead
E. 9 then 10
I. 9 then 10 from bobblehead
C. 1
A. 1
L. 8, 9 from 8 ball from Big Town quest then 10 from bobblehead.

From Vault 101 immediately head to Rivet City and get the intelligence bobblehead to get the maximum number of skill points at the start. Then go to the deathclaws sanctuary to get the Endurance bobblehead to get the maximum amount of health. For perks get Toughness and Life Giver for the highest defense possible, and top it off with the Barkskin perk. MAKE SURE TO GET BETTER CRITICALS AND NINJA!!! You can steal a Chinese Officer's Sword from Jericho's house and have Moira repair it for temporary use until you get the Shishkebab schematic. You can pick up Jack once you complete The Waters of Life. Note: Jack doesn't reach it's full potential until level 20, so hold your judgements until then. With the winterized Power Armor and all the aforementioned perks, you should have 85 DR and at level 30, 620 health. I hope my build serves you well, as it served me. Have a good night, and a pleasant tomorrow.

Uh, by level 30 your character more or less becomes overpowered with the Almost Perfect perk that there really is no need for this thread. Fallout 3 is so piss easy that my 9 year old cousin can have an easy time playing through this game.

Uh, by level 30 your character more or less becomes overpowered with the Almost Perfect perk that there really is no need for this thread. Fallout 3 is so piss easy that my 9 year old cousin can have an easy time playing through this game.
I didn't. I struggled with this game, I had to play it on Very Easy and even then, I kept dying. But as time went on I slowly got more confident and better and playing on the easiest difficulty wasn't necessary anymore. And that's any game, once you're at the end you're a god.

Not really. I had a very easy time with Fallout 3 but I played the game when I was 18 or 19 and I had a lot of experience with shooters. It is really not that hard of a game to play and Fallout 3 pretty much held your hand through much of the game. The original Fallout however were much harder in terms of difficulty.

I didn't want to run into one of those things where it wouldn't let me have a profile because I'm not 18.
I see, this does explain a lot. Child, when I was around your age I thought Fallout 3 was the shit. As I got older I began to take off the rose colored glasses and see its flaws. They became even more apparent when I played the originals and New Vegas.

I see, this does explain a lot. Child, when I was around your age I thought Fallout 3 was the shit. As I got older I began to take off the rose colored glasses and see its flaws. They became even more apparent when I played the originals and New Vegas.
What do you mean?

What do you mean?
Tastes change. I used to love shooters and fps when I was a kid but as I gotten older I now what a more meaningful gaming experience then something that I would consider "fast food". Fast food is also the best description I have for Bethesda. When your young fast food is your go to. It is both cheap and tasty. However, as you get older fast food just doesn't taste the same or cut it anymore and you begin to want more meaningful meals for your palate.

Tastes change. I used to love shooters and fps when I was a kid but as I gotten older I now what a more meaningful gaming experience then something that I would consider "fast food". Fast food is also the best description I have for Bethesda. When your young fast food is your go to. It is both cheap and tasty. However, as you get older fast food just doesn't taste the same or cut it anymore and you begin to want more meaningful meals for your palate.
I still think I'll be able to appreciate the Bethesda trilogy for years to come, but I understand where you're coming from. I lost interest in reading for a few years and I wish I didn't.

I still think I'll be able to appreciate the Bethesda trilogy for years to come, but I understand where you're coming from. I lost interest in reading for a few years and I wish I didn't.
Get back to reading sweetheart. Books are way better entertainment and are better for the mind. I personally can't go a day without reading something.

Get back to reading sweetheart. Books are way better entertainment and are better for the mind. I personally can't go a day without reading something.
I have been, but I miss days of old, I read a seven book series in a week and it was magical. I do read but not as much as I used to but I've been getting back into it more.

I've seen bits of this, I wouldn't really recommend trying this because he ducks up his game by choosing skill point perks. He did it as more of a challenge than as something you should do.

i was 11 when i first played fallout 3 in 2008 and the only thing i struggled at was figuring out what is it i was supposed to be doing. I was used to platformers before so i never played a RPG like fallout 3 before. i heard of a dog you can find in fallout 3 so i decided to make it my mission to find dogmeat in fallout 3. when i asked some kid at school about it he told me to go northeast of megaton basically though i didn't know where megaton was at the time he told me where it was and from there i found dogmeat and megaton and continues the game's story from there.

Now skyrim on the otherhand i struggled with that game a lot in my early teenage years. i played on novice for that game. i think it's because i suck at melee combat. lol.

Combat in this game is way too easy, compared to the FPS's I play it's a joke. I prefer to level my characters in non-combat skills like speech and get non-related combat perks because it makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

Hello all, Fallout 3 is my favourite video game of all time and I thought I would share my secrets with you in making the strongest character possible. I will be giving a detailed description of my Melee build which is the best playstyle in the game due to Jack. Jack is a unique ripper that can kill raiders and Super Mutants in less than second, and overlords in 4 seconds. It blows all other weapons out of the water, even Vengeance.

IN VAULT SPECIAL
S. 10
P. 1
E. 10
C. 10
I. 1 or 10 (Personally I hate leveling up quickly so I opt for 1 intelligence but if you want extra xp go for 10 INT and very hard.)
A. 1
L. 1

The only three important skills are Strength Endurance and Charisma. During the Escape quest, use Melee to conserve ammunition, Endurance for health, and Charisma for the speech check with Amata to increase Karma.

Once you're out of the Vault your Special should be

S. 8, 9 from Power Armour then 10 from bobblehead
P. 4, 5 from Any Sight perk, 10 from bobblehead
E. 9 then 10
I. 9 then 10 from bobblehead
C. 1
A. 1
L. 8, 9 from 8 ball from Big Town quest then 10 from bobblehead.

From Vault 101 immediately head to Rivet City and get the intelligence bobblehead to get the maximum number of skill points at the start. Then go to the deathclaws sanctuary to get the Endurance bobblehead to get the maximum amount of health. For perks get Toughness and Life Giver for the highest defense possible, and top it off with the Barkskin perk. MAKE SURE TO GET BETTER CRITICALS AND NINJA!!! You can steal a Chinese Officer's Sword from Jericho's house and have Moira repair it for temporary use until you get the Shishkebab schematic. You can pick up Jack once you complete The Waters of Life. Note: Jack doesn't reach it's full potential until level 20, so hold your judgements until then. With the winterized Power Armor and all the aforementioned perks, you should have 85 DR and at level 30, 620 health. I hope my build serves you well, as it served me. Have a good night, and a pleasant tomorrow.
Thank you very much, as I have now decided to re-take the Fallout 3 game and then proceed to Fallout 4. This will come in handy in no time at all.

If you're a fan of Fallout 3 this is a dangerous place for you to be. The franchise was sold to Bethesda; fans of Fallout 1 and 2 were (and are) not happy with their treatment of the franchise, and this is a very old school forum. Don't misunderstand, I have great respect for these veteran fans and their opinions.

The only recent game whose existence they accept is New Vegas, and that's because:
  • Obsidian's primary goal when developing New Vegas was to make a game that veteran fans of the franchise would be able to enjoy.
  • Bethesda's primary goal when developing Fallout 3 was to reboot the franchise so that they could keep pumping out games forever and make a ton of money.
That said, Fallout 3 is not as bad as some people may have you think. You likely won't end up hating the game as you grow older. And the developers did try to cram as many references to the original games as they could. Either out of laziness or respect for the franchise. The result is heavily criticized, but it still ultimately feels like part of the Fallout universe, rather than an abomination like Fallout Brotherhood of Steel (console top-down shooter for the PlayStation 2).

Yeah...people bash Fallout 3, but they'd all take Fallout 3 over Fallout BoS any day. The franchise was dying before it was sold to Bethesda due to Interplay's mismanagement of the IP.

I strongly suggest playing Fallout 1 one day. Modern gamers seem to be unable to handle the graphics, interface, or gameplay style, but it really is an amazing game. And as a fan of Fallout 3, you'll find a ton of things you recognize, and it will be exciting.

If you're a fan of Fallout 3 this is a dangerous place for you to be. The franchise was sold to Bethesda; fans of Fallout 1 and 2 were (and are) not happy with their treatment of the franchise, and this is a very old school forum. Don't misunderstand, I have great respect for these veteran fans and their opinions.

The only recent game whose existence they accept is New Vegas, and that's because:
  • Obsidian's primary goal when developing New Vegas was to make a game that veteran fans of the franchise would be able to enjoy.
  • Bethesda's primary goal when developing Fallout 3 was to reboot the franchise so that they could keep pumping out games forever and make a ton of money.
That said, Fallout 3 is not as bad as some people may have you think. You likely won't end up hating the game as you grow older. And the developers did try to cram as many references to the original games as they could. Either out of laziness or respect for the franchise. The result is heavily criticized, but it still ultimately feels like part of the Fallout universe, rather than an abomination like Fallout Brotherhood of Steel (console top-down shooter for the PlayStation 2).

Yeah...people bash Fallout 3, but they'd all take Fallout 3 over Fallout BoS any day. The franchise was dying before it was sold to Bethesda due to Interplay's mismanagement of the IP.

I strongly suggest playing Fallout 1 one day. Modern gamers seem to be unable to handle the graphics, interface, or gameplay style, but it really is an amazing game. And as a fan of Fallout 3, you'll find a ton of things you recognize, and it will be exciting.

The part about hating the game less as you grow older I've found to be untrue in my case. I replayed 3 and it's DLC back in 2015 and thought it was alright. I tried replaying it just this past month and couldn't stomach it at all. Liked it way way less.

Back