My Personal thoughts on Fallout the Frontier

Says whom? Also maybe the Enclave was inspired by America in general? After all it's a capitalist parody game. No matter how many times Chinese communism is condemned, it's American capitalism that's being made fun of. The fact that after a third world war, people are still fighting over stupid crap. Fallout: The Fourth World War.

In-game politics like slavery and bottle caps is not the same thing as real life politics. The game's in game politics should be independant from real life politics and adherent to it's setting. Adding wokeness into a video game just for the sake of it ruins the video game. Everyone gave The Frontier shit for not including the Enclave cause: "orange man bad etc, etc, etc."

So if you are calling the Enclave, "Nazis," you are no different from them Frontier developers.
Politics isn't just ideas as they are formally represented in a given historical moment, there are underlying hard realities to them that manifest in different ways in different contexts. ideally, a game shouldn't be representing politics in formally the same way as it exists in reality, but it should be depicting the essential qualities that give rise to politics in a different context. Something as broad (and downright fascinating) as fascism certainly deserves exploration in story/world driven games.

My impression of the Frontier is that its represnetation of politics is bad and dumb, but I think on some level it's because the writers for that game are surface level thinkers who reduce politics to its formal expression, not to mention hamfisted moralizing about it.

But all of this said - yes, the Enclave in their original iteration were certainly fascists, but in the intent of the writers and in how they were represented. That doesn't mean that they're bad naughty MAGA-men, and it doesn't mean that the game is making any direct commentary on current formal politics

Last edited:
Tim Cain.

But you don't see the similarities about a bunch of ultra-authoritarian fascists that consider themselves a master race that wish to exterminate all "lesser" races with a bio plague so only their people remain? I mean, they weren't meant to be "nuanced" characters. There was a reason that you have to kill them all in the game.

Not the first fictional organization that considers itself to be superior to everyone else. Real Life USA fits that description easily.

Politics isn't just ideas as they are formally represented in a given historical moment, there are underlying hard realities to them that manifest in different ways in different contexts. ideally, a game shouldn't be representing politics in formally the same way as it exists in reality, but it should be depicting the essential qualities that give rise to politics in a different context. Something as broad (and downright fascinating) as fascism certainly deserves exploration in story/world driven games.

My impression of the Frontier is that its represnetation of politics is bad and dumb, but I think on some level it's because the writers for that game are surface level thinkers who reduce politics to its formal expression, not to mention hamfisted moralizing about it.

But all of this said - yes, the Enclave in their original iteration were certainly fascists, but in the intent of the writers and in how they were represented. That doesn't mean that they're bad naughty MAGA-men, and it doesn't mean that the game is making any direct commentary on current formal politics

Yes exactly. I never experienced emotional sympathy to anyone in the game. Faction leaders get killed off, and there is no emotional impact or drama. It's as if no one cares! As bad as Rancor is, he is the only character with development. Also the only character with a spark of continiuty. Eventhough he felt like Evil Boone.

As for the politics well, the Crusaders are morally good Mormons sectarians, even softer than Fallout 3 Brotherhood of Steel, and would probably be bullied by New Vegas Brotherhood of Steel for being goody two shoes. The NCR is stupid, good and naive. No dark flaws like The New Vegas NCR. While the Legion just became BDSM dungeon rapists and serial killers. At the same time they are feminist? Then the Enclave is too "Trump." How exactly is the Enclave similair to Trump? I don't know. They prohibited you from playing the Enclave because they are politically biased and transformed the Enclave into Mass Effect Wolfenstein.

Last edited:
Then the Enclave is too "Trump." How exactly is the Enclave similair to Trump? I don't know. They prohibited you from playing the Enclave because they are politically biased and transformed the Enclave into Mass Effect Wolfenstein.

It sounds like you are just inventing imaginary reasons that you can get angry about here.

You are fine with the Frontier? What are your thoughts on it?

My thoughts re: The Frontier are pretty well documented on here.

The whole "REEEEEEEE Enclave" outrage just makes no sense to me because it isn't like they would have been written well anyways, their quests would have sucked shit just like the rest of the mod, so why fucking care?

My thoughts re: The Frontier are pretty well documented on here.

The whole "REEEEEEEE Enclave" outrage just makes no sense to me because it isn't like they would have been written well anyways, their quests would have sucked shit just like the rest of the mod, so why fucking care?

True. Still there is not one good Enlave mod out there. Even if it was written poorly, I would have played it. It's free. Everyone who know the Frontier is bad have played it atleast once.

I don't honestly care about the Frontier. I am just mad that the creators hate New Vegas. I'l call the Frontier, Fallout 3: the sequel.

It is odd that RangerBoo had a series on this then you came out of nowhere really interested in this forgettable mod. Just make sure not to kill anyone while you are here.

Still there is not one good Enlave mod out there

Probably because the faction has had it's moment in the sun and any attempt to make them anything more than what they already are in the vanilla game involves just rehashing the same lazy writing that plagued Bethesda's shitty interpretation of them.

Probably because the faction has had it's moment in the sun and any attempt to make them anything more than what they already are in the vanilla game involves just rehashing the same lazy writing that plagued Bethesda's shitty interpretation of them.

Too bad there is no Van Buren content for the Enclave. Probably because they were supposed to be discarded after Fallout 2 like the Master. No one, not even Bethesda remembers the Master. However the Brotherhood of Steel was done to death. Power armor marketing, shaking my head.

It is odd that RangerBoo had a series on this then you came out of nowhere really interested in this forgettable mod. Just make sure not to kill anyone while you are here.

I agree with RangerBoo in many ways but I still have my own criticisms.

Back