New animations 2

New stuff.

Combat Armor Rocket Launcher Fix
Fixes the backpack clipping through the rocket launcher in the combat armor animations. This annoyed the hell out of me for years, and now I've finally fixed it. Used parts of the purple robe animation for this, as it was the most fitting.

S2lK0dl.png

HMCMBTMB_5.png
HMCMBTMH_0.png

The animations are here. Black Dude hero appearance character has been updated as well / the files are in there by default now.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is the right place to ask for help, but couldn't find any info or guide that wasn't already expired.

Tried adding the SandRobe frms and worked fine. (HASROB**.FRMs to the data/art/critters folder and "HASROB,11,1" to the critter.lst as well). The problem is that it always messes with the klamath children models. Sometimes they become dogs, or else they become Mr. Handy.
Deleting the .lst files or removing "HASROB,11,1" always fixes this, but also leaves me without the new frms.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: and it messes with NPC armors as well (leather jacketed Sulik uses Pwr Armor model).

Attachments

• kla_dog.png
    kla_dog.png
    418.7 KB · Views: 304
  • kla_handy.png
    kla_handy.png
    432.6 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Tycho / brown pants metal armor
Will be in the next version of ettu as metal armor animations for Tycho. The set has unarmed animations, spear, pistol, smg, and rifle all animations. It's a complete set.

NMMETLJA_2.png
NMMETLAA_3.png

Download here.

Black dude brown pants metal armor
Also for ettu in the future. Has all unarmed animations + pistol.

HMMET2AA_2.png
HMMET2HA_3.png

Download here.

Last edited:
Tycho / brown pants metal armor
Will be in the next version of ettu as metal armor animations for Tycho. The set has all unarmed animations, spear, pistol, smg, and rifle.

NMMETLJA_2.png
NMMETLAA_3.png

Download here.

Black dude brown pants metal armor
Also for ettu in the future. Has all unarmed animations + pistol.

HMMET2AA_2.png
HMMET2HA_3.png

Download here.

It'll probably be a pain to make, but would you ever consider making a blonde or red haired dude? These edits looks great btw

No, that's not going to happen. The hair color is black and generally dark, which means it can't be easily recolored without looking like shit. This is also why we don't have any other animation variants for female hero critters - there aren't any good sources in the game and no matter what someone might want to do, it would be a tremendous amount of work.

No, that's not going to happen. The hair color is black and generally dark, which means it can't be easily recolored without looking like shit. This is also why we don't have any other animation variants for female hero critters - there aren't any good sources in the game and no matter what someone might want to do, it would be a tremendous amount of work.

I see, thank you for the explanation

Updated on Tycho with brahmin leather pants: I couldn't stop making the animations, so now it has become the full set.

Last edited:
Are there more than four people here (besides me) who know who that is?

Are there any sprites inspired by Marshal William T. O'Niel?

I would love it to have a new heroine critter, but due to lack of vanilla animations, any such task would be humongous. Just have to look at Punk Girl and how long it took to get that one done.

I have link clicking paranoia. One of the blonde ' Lookers ' Bishop's wife but stick a brunette or black haired, head on .

I would love it to have a new heroine critter, but due to lack of vanilla animations, any such task would be humongous. Just have to look at Punk Girl and how long it took to get that one done.
I would think that using Fallout's existing art in Blender with an approach similar to Baldur's Gate's sprite layering, [and with material shader tweaks] could be used to render out new composite artwork for the frames in a lot less time than manually adjusting individual frames by hand.

You lot are just name droppers ;p Why not a strong female character like Sarah Jane Smith.
Funny... That's the name of one of my FO3 mods; the 30/30 Sarah Jane rifle.

7751-1-1247557874.jpg

7751-1-1248217696.jpg

Last edited:
Sarah Jane rifle.

That is either a weird coincidence or a fatalistic occurrence . I used Sarah Jane Smith. Lexx mentions Zardos . Then you come back with "Are there more than four people here (besides me) who know who that is? Are there any sprites inspired by Marshal William T. O'Niel?. So jokingly I called you all name droppers then added the Dr Who assistant, companion, aide , confidant SJS. Was the rifle named after that same character ? BTW Giz you have 98 subbers. chestikov2011 suggests mutual subscriptions. You sub comrade chestikov2011, then colleague chestikov2011 will sub back , watch , thumbs up and comment. As you know a channel with comments attracts more comments etc . I did offer this deal to Q App.....e but he has convinced himself that ppl watch his channel but he sees no reason to watch mine ! This selfish approach is just one more reason youtube is fucked for the old school mutual subbers/friends lists that existed before their format change .

I would think that using Fallout's existing art in Blender with an approach similar to Baldur's Gate's sprite layering, [and with material shader tweaks] could be used to render out new composite artwork for the frames in a lot less time than manually adjusting individual frames by hand.
Could be, but that needs someone with the skills to do that.

Bald head Combat Armor
I've made this critter about a million years ago for Shattered Destiny. If I remember right, it was even one of the first new critters for Fo2 ever ... today I've decided to revisit the animations and finally fixed some glaring issues in the unarmed, pistol, and rifle idle animations. I've also tweaked the transitions of standing to aiming and back. Generally there's much less head bopping now, and I'm actually quite happy with the results.

HMGLCMAA_2.png
HMGLCMJA_2.png

As always, the updated files are on the repo, here.

Back