NMA Underground Discord

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Just saying that I think it's stupid.
As far as I understand it, the NMA Underground Discord is aimed at different things compared to the NMA Discord server.

The NMA Server is for general NMA, it's public and anyone can join, it's also a generalized server with many channels and topics, etc.

The NMA Underground Server is for socializing and is aimed at group activities like playing games or watching movies together and only NMA Site members can join.

They both have different focuses and purposes. I haven't joined the NMA Underground because I haven't had time to even be on Discord for almost a week or so now, and I doubt I will have much time this month either since I am super busy and my sleep has been getting worse again. But it does sound interesting.

There's a difference between a static forum and a fast/active chat, though. However, if you make multiple chats, you'll split the community even more and thus are hurting it.

Personally I don't give a shit and won't be in this one here, since I like to have less constant information and pings to worry about, and not more. Just saying that I think it's stupid.
There should be no discords, steam chats, or the like when there is a perfectly good forum right here to chat on. Yet there was already a discord to take away activity from the forum.

The new discord, even in its infancy, has already upped activity here, and that is what I’m all for: getting more people to NMA forums. I’d rather people post here and use the discord for an instant chat to arrange a live stream community activity, again like movies or gaming.

As far as I understand it, the NMA Underground Discord is aimed at different things compared to the NMA Discord server.

The NMA Server is for general NMA, it's public and anyone can join, it's also a generalized server with many channels and topics, etc.

The NMA Underground Server is for socializing and is aimed at group activities like playing games or watching movies together and only NMA Site members can join.

They both have different focuses and purposes. I haven't joined the NMA Underground because I haven't had time to even be on Discord for almost a week or so now, and I doubt I will have much time this month either since I am super busy and my sleep has been getting worse again. But it does sound interesting.
Exactly. This is how I see it. And to get more people being active on the NMA site proper.

Last edited:
There should be no discords, steam chats, or the like when there is a perfectly good forum right here to chat on. Yet there was already a discord to take away activity from the forum.

So real.

The new discord, even in its infancy, has already upped activity here, and that is what I’m all for: getting more people to NMA forums. I’d rather people post here and use the discord for an instant chat to arrange a live stream community activity, again like movies or gaming.

Exactly. This is how I see it. And to get more people being active on the NMA site proper.

Also real.

I don’t see any problem with different Discord servers for different interests or activities. A Discord server in general is already counterproductive to the forum, but aside from that, there’s really nothing to be mad or confused about, every community has multiple Discords.

I mean if the old one did shit I would not have needed to make this one. When movie club at The Order died I knew something needed to be done to encourage activity (it was super popular for awhile) and people like being in on the GROUND FLOOR of things not joining some stagnant dead ass discord about a dead forum. People want to be excited and given hope for potential fun not bored as soon as they log on like I did when I popped by Unofficial 3 or 4 times the past year. We already have a movie night being planned with DaC guys which joined our server because we are not boring and gay - what does boring and gay mean? We are not some /pol server we are here to have fun not debate about who is smarter or more woke or less woke. We might not have modders like Lexx (he would not be of much use anyway he is grouchy towards people asking help anytime I have seen) but we can nab Beth modders and maybe some Tactics guys I have in mind...I also know how to read so I can just search for the info on the forum if they ask...

Besides not sure if you guys realize but many people left here due to Tagaziel and Sander. People left NMA Discord due to Arnust. I want those people back if possible and they would join Underground I think (some have) along with whoever else pops up along the way. This is one of those things that seems more scary than it is because let us be totally 100 percent real - this forum is dying. It is not due to Discord though. It is because Fallout is for Bethfags now and you guys ran them off anytime they came by and any forum based on one game series is likely to be low population for the foreseeable future unless it adapts. More to come SOON.

This community has more to offer than boring mods for Fallout 1 and 2 which I know is our purpose, but I simply cannot play the games anymore there is nothing left to do. We will do more to encourage positive discussion by not starting half baked projects that will just die (top RPG thing) and actually doing things with each other. More talking and playing games with each other. Some people like Lexx I have been around my entire time here but I literally know nothing about them because they are so detached from the human condition on this forum. He likes it that way which is fine but a good community does things together and Underground will be doing that. It is why Redacted was even made in the first place - to service Underground.

he would not be of much use anyway he is grouchy towards people asking help anytime I have seen
I have always helped people when I was able to. Unlike what some people might think, I am not a walking modding dictionary and don't know everything.

We will do more to encourage positive discussion by not starting half baked projects that will just die

It was the total conversions and mods that brought me to this site. Being a lover of OG Fallouts I was more than happy to be able to play Resurrection, Nevada, Olympus and look forward to playing Sonora.

Eventually I will play 1 and 2 again modded with Mr Lexx's Et tu. I have learned FO tactics is worth playing and modding.
I did notice many threads that are away from the norm, Dinosaurs, space, philosophy and such peter out through lack of posts.
I've seen people say they like to write but writing is not seen as valid or their efforts go unappreciated.
So obviously this is all down to numbers.

The modders here are wrapped up in their projects and like to talk shop, problem solving for themselves and others.
Other people may make an account here ask for help with an install then leave, they have no interest in
the anarchy that reigns here with the memes and other shit.

I have watched ' barbarians ' here without any problems. I would guess at everyone on NMA and the discords have the means to watch movies here.

The perfect scenario would be a group of writers knock out a decent story. The ATOM guys donate the playing areas that replicate OG Fallout deserts, caves, cityscapes etc.

The coder guys form a co operative that uses an improved A.C.E.L.I.P.S where the lil fallout guy can duck and cover, roll over and go prone. Unarmed could be vastly improved. Not just to improve punch to haymaker but line up combos to be executed. Feint, kick in the balls, Japanese toe hold; that kind of stuff.
A smooth talker may learn French, then utter Ah ma cherie fucky fucky avec moi.

And here I was banking on this hellhole burning and dying gracefully without trying to claw its shit smeared hands to other platforms.

And here I was banking on this hellhole burning and dying gracefully without trying to claw its shit smeared hands to other platforms.
We're a cancer.
iu

Nonce, nonce, nonce, thrice times, not once. Cunty cunting fucktards; I can't say that on twitter !
I wish Laurence Fox, monkey pox and cancer up his shitter.

I thought Mr Millim did a brilliant job with his impression of Dolly Parton in the C+W singing challenge in VC room 9.

Back