NPC Armor

fallout ranger

Vault Dweller
Here is my idea, I would have done it if I had the skills and tools.

I propose that someone make different NPC artwork for the different armor they wear. Now this wouldn't mean just changing their .frms to other stock ones. I'm talking about something more expansive.

For example, Vic, whatever armor he may be wearing, would have a bulge in whatever armor he's wearing for his gut. Maybe sulik would scrawl some tribal markings on his armor or have some trophies (skulls etc). Cassidy would go without his helmet at all times and have his bald head showing. Myron...I don't know what to do about him, give him a pocket protector and make him skinny or something. It always felt retarded late in the game when you'd have power armor and there would be a kid in red sneakers and a tribal with no shirt tagging along with you.

fallout ranger said:
I propose that someone make different NPC artwork for the different armor they wear. Now this wouldn't mean just changing their .frms to other stock ones. I'm talking about something more expansive.

Way to much work.

end of story.

Actually i got 1/2 way through this(only for the player followers) a few years ago before i got hit with a HD crash... rather annoying. It didnt take too long(in teh grand scheme of things), basicly just exported all the frames from the player and the main rotation ones from the critter i was editing and pasted the heads over the players etc...

Basicly 1 bottle of your preferred spirit + 2 bottles of mixer + a few hours ... a day actually + a lot of your favorite music = the new critters lol.

If only i had that much time still on my hands :s damn partners and their constant want of attention :P

fallout ranger said:
But well worth the time I should think.

You're right. Please upload your work here when it is completed. Thanks!

Download FrameAnimator fromt he downloads section here at NMA

Open the FRM and then save it as a frameanimator project, this will save the actual images as separate bmp/png/gif files from there you can edit them then open the project with frame animator and then create a new FRM.

done :)

Um, speedbump.

samples:

hmmaxxhjfrm34gs8.gif

hmmaxx4lj7.gif

pay no attention to the DEMO overlay, it's just how my program saves GIFs.

But anyways, when i try to upload BMPs to make an FRM in the FRM Workshop, they come out like this:

omgwtf1onedk1.png

Yes the pallete is loaded, and yes they are at 8 bpp. :?

How is this going so far? Its been on my list for a while to complete - but im still waiting for the time - and the vodka :P

I have most of the Leather jacket for cassidy done, and I started on the metal...

hmmaxxaafrm301md0.png

Oh and, some thoughts...

Cassidy:
Combat Armor:Leave as is
All Others:add bald head
PA:Palidin w/o helmet

Sulik:
Combat and Power Armor: add scrawlings and decorations
All others : no shoes, add tribal head (slightly diffeent than normal)

Myron:
All: make skinny or use female base
PA: leave as is
Cmbt armor: make skinny ONLY
all others: add blonde hair

Vic :
all: as is but add gut if possible

I'd personally *love* to have the Cassidy/bald headed guy usable as your PC appearance. Sounds like you're putting in a LOT of time here, and it's appreciated. I really wish I knew dick-all about graphics so I could lend a hand, I'd volunteer in a heartbeat.

That would be a great series of mods. Some would be really difficult, like the black guy, but most could be done with the head swap method.

Back