NPC Armor

yea, the trick is to not mess with the FRM offsets which is creating the body that wobles from side to side.

Some prototypes, I haven't even started most of them...

sulikpahi0.png

Sulik in power armor...

sulikmtlom7.png

sulik in metal armor...

sulikljdj4.png

sulik in leather jacket...

suliklaff8.png

sulik in leather armor...

cassidymtlin3.png

Cassidy in metal armor.

Hey, those are looking really good. Can't wait to see those final products of yours (and, with your permission of course, working those into the Megamod).

Wow, looks great mate :)

*EDIT*
MIB, did you include the new MKII brainbot model for skynet into you mod yet?

wow looking good.

what is that redish color on the power armor? rust ?
anyways good job.

how long do you expect to complete like 1 critter (with all armors, weapons animations and deaths) ?

Wild_qwerty said:
MIB, did you include the new MKII brainbot model for skynet into you mod yet?

Not yet. My plan is to expand the Sierra Army Depot map in that section, so that the player can choose between the original, the sentry bot, the mkII brainbot, and a couple of other shells.

Oracle said:
how long do you expect to complete like 1 critter (with all armors, weapons animations and deaths) ?

Far too long, :)

Possibly, assuming dedication and 2-3 hrs per day, 5-7 days. depending on the level of photoshopping (sulik takes longer than cassidy etc.).

I think for my next act I'll make frames (pistol and rifle and maybe SMG) for the helmetless paladin that will become cassidy in power armor.

Wow, cool. But... now you have to animate them, heh? ;) Ok, the most is just copy&paste, but it will need there time too... and it will need lots of time...

The pasting takes up the most time, since you need to make sure the head/feet/ whatnot are lined up properly. Not to mention the sheer abundance of frames.

Nice to see someone put my tutorial to a good use...

It's tedious job, but the results are quite impressive, IMHO. Keep up :ok:

I'm not going to make the frames for weapons the NPC's *didn't* use in the original game (cassidy: SMG, big guns, Sulik: rifle, big guns etc.), unless there is a lot of desire for it.

Would be cool if you did the highway man (isn't that what they are called? can't remember right) leather jacket (the one with blue pants) for "chosen one" as he, in theory, dresses the leather jacket over the vault 13 jumpsuit, so the blue pants.

s_ian.jpg

Sulik PA would look cool it it was like the right one of this wallpaper:

my_wallpaper.jpg

As for Marcus metal armor you can use lieutenant metal armor from fallout 1.

161119.jpeg

Demonslayer said:
Would be cool if you did the highway man (isn't that what they are called? can't remember right) leather jacket (the one with blue pants) for "chosen one" as he, in theory, dresses the leather jacket over the vault 13 jumpsuit, so the blue pants.

s_ian.jpg

Now that's actually quite a good idea, possibly worthy of some time being spent.

Sulik PA would look cool it it was like the right one of this wallpaper:

my_wallpaper.jpg

Exactly what I was going for, and actually was my inspiration for this whole thing.

Wow! This is a great idea! I'm quite good at photoshop and would be very happy to help out with this project. However, I'm on a mac and can't extract any files. If someone can send me the editable stuff I can return or put it up for download from my website it in a finished form in short order.

I know this is incredibly time consuming, but if you get the prototypes and "keyframes" done, you can enlist others (myself included) to just do the grunt work for you.

In the example of sulik, I'm sure you kept his head, feet, and armor markings as separate layers in the .psd, so after you finish the initial prototype you can just hand the .psd off to your grunts to finish the rest of the set!

Is there a particular character/armor set you'd like to finish first? I'd love to give it a shot.

I'd just like to add my support. I'd love to have something like this. I'd keep Sulik around just to see him in power armor.

Also, the blue "highwayman" pants for the PC in leather armor is a great idea. Maybe something similar for metal armor too?

MrBean01 said:
I know this is incredibly time consuming, but if you get the prototypes and "keyframes" done, you can enlist others (myself included) to just do the grunt work for you.

Sign me up for the gruntwork. I'd love to see this included in Killap's expansion. This would be one of the best graphical mods for FO2 ever! I'd be more than happy to grind away on sprites to make this come to fruition as fast as possible.

Back