Obsidian not opposed to making a new Fallout

I would if it wasn't so expensive. I'll wait for the inevitable enhanced directors cut DLC edition.

I really would like to see Obsidian do a science fiction RPG, I prefer robots, aliens, mutants, and psychics over fantasy creatures.
Not sure if it should be Buck Rogers like or very hard sci fi like Revelation Space and the Expanse.

Though I will not be playing Tyranny I like the setting from what I just read, what era of Earth it is an analog of, what fantasy creatures exist in it, and how magic works.

Other non-Tolkien copycat fantasy i've seen is Titan Suls and Dark Souls & Co, although in 2 they did imitate the dwarves conceptabit in a verysecondary lore piece.

About magic in Tyranny, i loved the system, different Core+Expression combos felt very different from one anothere, not just "+7% Thingy".
I did find only like 5 Cores, don't know how many there are
My favourite Core/School of Magic was the Sone Control one, but being in one of the latter stages of the game makes it mostly obsolete, but at least it was different to old "FireWaterIceLifeWhiteDarkBlueRedSoulFart" types of magic in every high fantasy setting.

Other thing that i liked is that it wasn't the normal practice made for fantasy settings, were the devs take Medieval society and tweak, rename and throw weird words at to make their own world, basically reskinning it.

I'm thinking about getting this. Is it very demanding system-wise? The specs on steam look higher than I feel they should be, considering how the game looks.

Tbh low FPS unless dramatically low aren't much of an annoyance in this kind of games.
Unity is kind of choppy, although each dev polishes it (or doesn't) themselves, Unturned has gone up like 60 FPS while improving graphics further and further (not textures though :P)

I can say that it feels miles more fluid and fast than PoE though

Tbh low FPS unless dramatically low aren't much of an annoyance in this kind of games.
Unity is kind of choppy, although each dev polishes it (or doesn't) themselves, Unturned has gone up like 60 FPS while improving graphics further and further (not textures though :P)

I can say that it feels miles more fluid and fast than PoE though
Do you play on console?

Back