Redeeming qualities of the Enclave?

They already have water. Lots of it.
Nobody beside James and the two water beggars complain about it.
There is a huge overpopulation in the CW and nobody is starving or dying of thirst.
The purity project is supposed to cater for a need that isn't expressed in the actual gameworld, which render the whole conflict a moot point.
Gonna stop you there.
I've been re-playing Fallout 3 recently (cause I like it, don't judge :>) and if you listen in on conversations in Rivet City and Megaton you can tell they have a water problem.
The generic wastelanders in Megaton will complain about water being a commodity reserved for Megaton citizens only.
Residents of Rivet City will talk about an immigrant that died from drinking the Potomac river water, and that Rivet City's clean water supply is dwindling.
Mind you the whole population isnt dying of thirst and Bethesda didn't develop it more than just being subtle, but its definitely a glaring issue in the wasteland.

Cool power armour and sergeant Arch Dornan, that's about it.

And a cool home base (the Oil Rig) and Vertibirds.

And their comms officer:

"The President of the United fuckin'-States of America, who do you think I was talking about? Who the f-, who is-what, I should kick your fuckin' ass, WHO IS THIS?"

I can see attempting to redeem the FO2 Enclave, however there is no redeeming of the FO3 enclave. They are completely different.

At least with FO2 the game gave you a slice of life moment with them. Allowed you to humanize them and even be sympathetic to their own goals and lifestyle. However in FO3 there are just the wanabe boogymen who barely have 1 dimension. If the game lost Eden and Autumn then they would be far less then a 1 dimensional faction.

Their entire goal and operation is by far the most obtuse thing I have ever seen a military outfit commit to in a game. Did no one at any time try to reconcile the sheer stupidity of its presence other than to wipe out mutants?

In FO2 the Enclave not only wanted to wipe out all the mutants, but they also influenced the world around them through trade, intimidation, and even spawned an intelligent race of Deathclaw.

Can anyone justify the FO3 Enclave?!

Back