So I’m Making a Pen and Paper Game and Need Input

Also, are races/species going to be a thing. I mean humans, supermutants, and ghouls would be the obvious three. Ghouls wouldn't be so hard to incorporate into the NV setting. Supermutants aren't so widely found among the societies in the game and definitely wouldn't find a background in Enclave, BoS, or Legion but I could see it maybe working with lower NCR backgrounds.
Oh shit man I thought I responded!! Sorry bro.

they will be a thing, but backgrounds and such will be different for mutants and humans.
I would make usage of Fallout 1/2 style random encounters, though with more meat and RP detail. Depending on the distance they're going to travel, you should prep a few before the session. Travelling should be difficult! They should need to think about what routes they take, how much food and water they have, etc. A character that invests in a skill like Outdoorsman/Survival should be rewarded by having this be their bread and butter.

Obstacles should also be somehting to keep in mind. Rivers that need to be forded, spots of radiation that could risk to taint the caravan's water supply (thereby lowering the value significantly from purified to a lower tier etc). Nests of buried radscorpions that will remain dormant as long as you don't put too much weight on the wrong area of sand. Perhaps even a minefield set up by an NCR platoon, carelessly left in order to kill Legion without any regard to other travellers that might happen across the road.

Finding out what the caravan's approach to raiders would be interesting too. Are they going to fight all of them? Or perhaps there's a "tax" pouch taken from the Caravan's supplies, extras kept just in case you guys need to provide "Tribute" to some tough looking road warriors along the way. Or maybe you could even earn the trust of some of the more reasonable raider-tribes an earn a rite of passage through their turf, maybe because you taught them how to cook the right chems or saved one of their kids from a Cazadore.

As for system stuff, I will shamelessly shill my own modification/version of the Fallout PnP: for content, ideas etc
Those are good ideas, and I’m definitely gonna check out your other ideas.

My plan when it comes to raiders so far is going to be based on past performance and speech; a smooth talker can pay them off, but another caravaneer with Terrifying Presence (I’m making it a trait, because 70 Speech for the ability to scare people is mental imo) can fuck it up, etc.

Back