the hell?

Why is bethesda full of a bunch of idiots with no comprehension of what the fallout series is about? Why are skills being removed from the game? Why are super mutants and brotherhood of steel even in this game at all? Why does everything look like it did in in colonial era boston? Why the hell are these idiots putting in a VOICED PROTAGONIST with a DIALOUGE WHEEL RIPPED FROM MASS EFFECT in the damn game for an EMPHASIS ON STORY?
The hell is this trash?
What is this? Mass Effect?
Why is Bethesda being praised so much for streamlining the game by putting in overused trends like crafting and base building when stuff like this has no place in a Fallout game? And the voiced protagonist. Holy trash the voiced protagonist. What the hell were these fools thinking? Pff, you want to make an asian or a black dude or a mexican guy, or any dude with an accent? Have fun because these guys will stick you with a generic white guy voice no matter what. This takes out roleplaying aspect in so many ways. Not only will you no longer be able to create your own characters voice using your imagination, but this also means dialouge choices will most likeley be not as varied and more vague. I have a feeling that these morons will butcher the Fallout lore in as many ways possible, seeing as how they have as much of an understanding of what fallout is about as a dude who skimmed over the fallout bible in less than 30 seconds. Why the hell do I have a dog companion that I am stuck with? Why the hell does the story once again(like every bethesda story since morrowind) focus so much on the main protagonist. Seeing the ads that say "only YOU can rebuild the waste" make me wanna throw up in my mouth. Why the hell is there call of duty style vertibird gun shooting mechanics in this game? What the hell is that garbage doing in Fallout? It seems like Bethesda wants to put such a heavy emphasis of the Fallout universe BEFORE the war, rather than AFTER. Every TRUE fallout game had pre war stuff as mere small details, as remnents of a world that was lost. but the main focus was the post war world, which was rebuilding. Now, in Fallout 4, for some godforsaken reason Bethesda wants to focus so much on pre war trash it makes me sick. Hell, even the main character is a survivor from before the war(it was bad enough my character had a really developed backstory in the first place). Anyway all these Bethesdrones hyped about "Fallout" 4 are making me sick to my stomach. I really wanna like this game, but every time I hear something it gives me this bad feeling in my chest. They keep taking steps toward the general audience and away from the true Fallout fanbase. It was making me so mad I had to make this rant to vent. So I wanna hear what you all think about Fallout 4 and wether you will buy it or not. Hopefully they will pass another Fallout game to Obsidian but seeing as how Fallout New Vegas went I doubt that will happen.

I am absolutely obsessed with Fallout 4 actually, and I have played all the Fallout games. Fallout 2 back when it was new, Fallout Tactics back when it was new. Favorite single player rpg of all time is Fallout 2, I thought Fallout 3 was ok and I loved New Vegas.

The voice protagonist is a double edged sword, will see how it goes. Over all it is what it is, if you like it buy it, if you don't then don't. Bethesda games have gone a little down hill since Morrowind in some ways but I am pretty convinced this thread is not going to be very constructive.

Last edited:
Why is bethesda full of a bunch of idiots with no comprehension of what the fallout series is about? Why are skills being removed from the game? Why are super mutants and brotherhood of steel even in this game at all? Why does everything look like it did in in colonial era boston? Why the hell are these idiots putting in a VOICED PROTAGONIST with a DIALOUGE WHEEL RIPPED FROM MASS EFFECT in the damn game for an EMPHASIS ON STORY?
The hell is this trash?
Why is Bethesda being praised so much for streamlining the game by putting in overused trends like crafting and base building when stuff like this has no place in a Fallout game? And the voiced protagonist. Holy trash the voiced protagonist. What the hell were these fools thinking? Pff, you want to make an asian or a black dude or a mexican guy, or any dude with an accent? Have fun because these guys will stick you with a generic white guy voice no matter what. This takes out roleplaying aspect in so many ways. Not only will you no longer be able to create your own characters voice using your imagination, but this also means dialouge choices will most likeley be not as varied and more vague. I have a feeling that these morons will butcher the Fallout lore in as many ways possible, seeing as how they have as much of an understanding of what fallout is about as a dude who skimmed over the fallout bible in less than 30 seconds. Why the hell do I have a dog companion that I am stuck with? Why the hell does the story once again(like every bethesda story since morrowind) focus so much on the main protagonist. Seeing the ads that say "only YOU can rebuild the waste" make me wanna throw up in my mouth. Why the hell is there call of duty style vertibird gun shooting mechanics in this game? What the hell is that garbage doing in Fallout? It seems like Bethesda wants to put such a heavy emphasis of the Fallout universe BEFORE the war, rather than AFTER. Every TRUE fallout game had pre war stuff as mere small details, as remnents of a world that was lost. but the main focus was the post war world, which was rebuilding. Now, in Fallout 4, for some godforsaken reason Bethesda wants to focus so much on pre war trash it makes me sick. Hell, even the main character is a survivor from before the war(it was bad enough my character had a really developed backstory in the first place). Anyway all these Bethesdrones hyped about "Fallout" 4 are making me sick to my stomach. I really wanna like this game, but every time I hear something it gives me this bad feeling in my chest. They keep taking steps toward the general audience and away from the true Fallout fanbase. It was making me so mad I had to make this rant to vent. So I wanna hear what you all think about Fallout 4 and wether you will buy it or not. Hopefully they will pass another Fallout game to Obsidian but seeing as how Fallout New Vegas went I doubt that will happen.

You're not wrong, however I think we should wait until the game comes out to bash it. It might end up being the best game ever made (Doubt it).

The hell is this trash?

I think it mainly has to do with Mass Effect being a popular "RPG" series, although the game has little RPG elements in 2 and especially in 3 and most gamers lauding and talking about the cringe inducing romances. But like I said it was popular and it made a ton of money. Most AAA title companies are pretty unoriginal and look for things that are popular in other game franchises to add to their own games. I see a lot of Mass Effect, Borderlands and Minecraft going into Fallout 4. Not to mention that many AAA title companies have an insulting perceptions of their customer believing that most of them are too stupid to think for themselves and just want to see shiny junk floating on the screen or that things would fly over their heads so they need to be told that something is "sad" or "emotional".

But at some point it becomes simply unreasonable. I sure don't get tired of agressively criticising Bethesda. But pure blind hate? What is the point in that?

But at some point it becomes simply unreasonable. I sure don't get tired of agressively criticising Bethesda. But pure blind hate? What is the point in that?
Blind Hate? I get that this is bashing Bethesda but I did give some legitimate reasons.

Yeah, but those are pretty generic. You could have used one of the already existing topics where we discuss Bethesdas approach instead of opening a new topic that was already done how many times by now?

See, a door swings both ways. We think it is silly that people come in here opening topics about how we all just hate Bethesda and that we are some kind of bitter people that can't enjoy anything.

But it is also not the best approach to always open topics about how Bethesda is this evil publisher that is only out there to destroy Fallout. We have already at least 5 or 6 different topics where the old and new games are discussed in detail.

We value opinions no matter if they are positive or negative about Bethesda, Fallout 1,2,3 or 4 etc. you name it. But there is no reason to be factious with your first topic, particularly if you're a new member.

I am just saying, you don't really bring anything new to the table that is really worth of opening a new topic you know? Don't take this as attack though.

Why is bethesda full of a bunch of idiots with no comprehension of what the fallout series is about?
1. Why are skills being removed from the game? Why are super mutants and brotherhood of steel even in this game at all? 2. Why does everything look like it did in in colonial era boston? Why the hell are these idiots putting in a VOICED PROTAGONIST with 3. a DIALOUGE WHEEL RIPPED FROM MASS EFFECT in the damn game for an EMPHASIS ON STORY?
The hell is this trash?
Why is Bethesda being praised so much for streamlining the game by putting in 4. overused trends like crafting and base building when stuff like this has no place in a Fallout game? And the voiced protagonist. Holy trash the voiced protagonist. What the hell were these fools thinking? Pff, you want to make an asian or a black dude or a mexican guy, or any dude with an accent? Have fun because these guys will stick you 5. with a generic white guy voice no matter what. This takes out roleplaying aspect in so many ways. Not only will you no longer be able to create your own characters voice using your imagination, but this also means dialouge choices will most likeley be not as varied and more vague. I have a feeling that these morons will butcher the Fallout lore in as many ways possible, seeing as how they have as much of an understanding of what fallout is about as a dude who skimmed over the fallout bible in less than 30 seconds. Why the hell do I have a dog companion that I am stuck with? "

6. Hopefully they will pass another Fallout game to Obsidian but seeing as how Fallout New Vegas went I doubt that will happen.

1. Because they can try new approaches. You haven't even played the game and don't know how it's going to work.

2. Not everything does look like colonial era Boston.

3. Does Mass Effect have a patent on voiced protagonists? I haven't heard. Why the fuck is it ripped from Mass Effect when there are more RPG's with voiced protagonists.

4. Why is crafting overused? It's a part of a normal RPG game. Why doesn't it have place in a Fallout game. Wtf

5. Never heard Asians and certainly not Mexicans have other voices than White people. Hell in Mexico there are a lot of White people. But whatever.

6. What do you mean; Hoe New Vegas went? It was an amazing succes for Bethesda and they made a lot of money and launched it with critical acclaim.

Why is bethesda full of a bunch of idiots with no comprehension of what the fallout series is about?
1. Why are skills being removed from the game? Why are super mutants and brotherhood of steel even in this game at all? 2. Why does everything look like it did in in colonial era boston? Why the hell are these idiots putting in a VOICED PROTAGONIST with 3. a DIALOUGE WHEEL RIPPED FROM MASS EFFECT in the damn game for an EMPHASIS ON STORY?
The hell is this trash?
Why is Bethesda being praised so much for streamlining the game by putting in 4. overused trends like crafting and base building when stuff like this has no place in a Fallout game? And the voiced protagonist. Holy trash the voiced protagonist. What the hell were these fools thinking? Pff, you want to make an asian or a black dude or a mexican guy, or any dude with an accent? Have fun because these guys will stick you 5. with a generic white guy voice no matter what. This takes out roleplaying aspect in so many ways. Not only will you no longer be able to create your own characters voice using your imagination, but this also means dialouge choices will most likeley be not as varied and more vague. I have a feeling that these morons will butcher the Fallout lore in as many ways possible, seeing as how they have as much of an understanding of what fallout is about as a dude who skimmed over the fallout bible in less than 30 seconds. Why the hell do I have a dog companion that I am stuck with? "

6. Hopefully they will pass another Fallout game to Obsidian but seeing as how Fallout New Vegas went I doubt that will happen.

1. Because they can try new approaches. You haven't even played the game and don't know how it's going to work.

2. Not everything does look like colonial era Boston.

3. Does Mass Effect have a patent on voiced protagonists? I haven't heard. Why the fuck is it ripped from Mass Effect when there are more RPG's with voiced protagonists.

4. Why is crafting overused? It's a part of a normal RPG game. Why doesn't it have place in a Fallout game. Wtf

5. Never heard Asians and certainly not Mexicans have other voices than White people. Hell in Mexico there are a lot of White people. But whatever.

6. What do you mean; Hoe New Vegas went? It was an amazing succes for Bethesda and they made a lot of money and launched it with critical acclaim.

Okay, let me rebut.

1. That's true, but we can make assumptions on how Bethesda made their earlier games and what we know. Maybe they're wrong, but knowing Bethesda it's likely that they have some semblance of truth.

2. Agreed.

3. Mass Effect is the most common one, and is probably the basis as it is held up for being a 'good' RPG.

4. Crafting is handled in a boring and bad way, even though it does look much better here. If a bit stupid and nonsensical but that's nitpicking, right?

5. Asians and Mexicans have various local, regional and cultural accents, so do various other countries and so do Americans! The gruff bland white man voice is poor and limiting, and whatever is a stupid response, especially because the voiced protaganist changes how the dialogue is handled.

6. Actually Bethesda didn't see it as a massive success, forgoing extra pay. It wasn't as famous as Fallout 3, hence Bethesda would most likely ignore it to a point.

Back