The Ultimate Movie Thread of Ultimate Destiny

Everything Everywhere All at Once was the movie of the year for me, Michelle Yeoh's choreography combined with trippy funny stuff and a weirdly touching plot. I was in the right mindset when seeing it, losing my grip on reality a bit. I imagine it's one of those films you'll either love or hate.

Also apparently "All the VFX for this film was done by 9 people... They were all friends who taught themselves with tutorials they found online for free." :clap:

I never knew there was an extended cut of Stargate. This movie is fucking awesome sends nostalgia chills through me.

The best slow zombie movie imo is the 90's remake of Living Dead. The best fast zombie movie is Dawn of the Dead remake.

I gotta rewatch the 90s remake of NotLD. I remember thinking it was better than people gave it credit for but it left my mind. Fast zombies favorite is either Dawn remake like you said, 28 Days Later, or Return of the Living Dead. I'm leaning towards Return. Pretty sure it's Return.

Also good stream. Just reaffirmed my opinion that Terrifier 2 is the best slasher film in decades.

I gotta rewatch the 90s remake of NotLD. I remember thinking it was better than people gave it credit for but it left my mind. Fast zombies favorite is either Dawn remake like you said, 28 Days Later, or Return of the Living Dead. I'm leaning towards Return. Pretty sure it's Return.

Also good stream. Just reaffirmed my opinion that Terrifier 2 is the best slasher film in decades.
I think John Dies at the End should be our next one but Night of the Living Dead 90's is one I can watch 1000 times too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barbarian (2022) was decent. I'm kinda mixed on it. I love all the opening stuff. That stuff was pretty much perfect. I thought it got worse as it went on but still had some really good moments later on. Near the end it went retardo.

I know that guy! He's trying to lay low and be less of a bipolar asshat so I hear.

I'm gonna watch John Dies at the End this weekend btw as long as nothing terrible happens yadda yadda. I got a watchlist planned out.

I never knew there was an extended cut of Stargate. This movie is fucking awesome sends nostalgia chills through me.

What was different from the theatrical release?
(I didn't see anything new... unless I originally watched the extended cut?)

I know that guy! He's trying to lay low and be less of a bipolar asshat so I hear.

I'm gonna watch John Dies at the End this weekend btw as long as nothing terrible happens yadda yadda. I got a watchlist planned out.
Good. I was worried you forgot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with a bird called Dawn. She just laid there making the occasional groan. What a lousy fuck. I called her Dawn of the dead.

Primal is good.

Primal-DVD-Cover.jpg

I might have mentioned this before, but I went to a Sci-Fi convention in Austin a few years ago, and two memorable things happened to me; one I'm not proud of—the other happened in the DVD movie room. Me and a friend went in there, and they were playing Commander Cody serials from a brown cardboard box. When they ran out of those they pulled an unlabeled DVD from the box and decided to play it. No one knew what to expect; no one expected this.

We all watched it cold opening, and soon wondered WTH is this?? Every moment that it played got more and more strange, until it got too strange, and more than a few (including myself) were quite literally rolling on the floor laughing uncontrollably.
Fair warning... This has David Hasselhoff in it.

...was that we were in the main hall seated among the audience when they announced a guest singer and that she and her band-mate were about to perform. The woman got on stage and began to sing, and then this strange urge to giggle out loud slowly began to overwhelm me [?]. It was like trying not to throw up—and failing messily.

This had never ever happened to me before (or since). I looked over at my friend, and I could see that he was fighting the same thing. Then she began a rendition of Smooth Operator by the artist Sade. We both lost it, and made a mad (laughing, stumbling, tearing up) dash through the many rows of the audience (this was a packed ballroom). We finally made it out of the hotel, having unwillingly made a total spectacle of ourselves. We went to the DVD room to hide.

I have no idea why this happened, the singers certainly saw us desperately trying to leave, and were doubtless insulted.

I must mention that there was absolutely nothing bad or wrong with her singing.
My friend expressed great shame afterwards, and equal befuddlement as to what had just happened to us both.

Last edited:
Back