The Ultimate Movie Thread of Ultimate Destiny

UniversalWolf said:
Sabirah said:
The way that he plays Shelock is so different (and so funny) that I cannot see why anybody would like the older, stuffier movies.
Have you seen the BBC TV series Sherlock? It's pretty good. It's a modern-day version of Sherlock Holmes. Not stuffy at all.

I'll be right on that then. I always disliked the setting of sherlock holmes

Few films have genuinely made me laugh out loud, because of the quality of the film and not at the sheer stupidity of it.
Definitely among such is a Hot Fuzz.
Whereas I've actually seen the film few years back when it was released, it was an awful, low-quality copy.
This time, it was Blu-Ray.

Highly recommended film, especially if you're into Brit humor.

After watching this, next on my list is Shaun of the Dead.

Atomkilla said:
Few films have genuinely made me laugh out loud, because of the quality of the film and not at the sheer stupidity of it.
Whereas I've actually seen the film few years back when it was released, it was an awful, low-quality copy.

Comming from a huge zombie flick fan, that movie was something different, in an incredibly positive kind of way. Don't forget to share you thoughts on it when you see it. :wink:

I watched "Bronson" a couple of weeks ago. Now it's on my top 5 of all time. Tom Hardy was born for the sole reason of playing that role. Watch it, now.

bronson_28524s1.jpg

Bronson was an inferior Clockwork Orange IMO. That actor did do a great job though.

UniversalWolf said:
I've always hated E.T. and I probably appreciate The Goonies more now than I did when I was a kid (Corey Feldman's character is such a whiny POS in that movie). I liked Poltergeist and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
I really loved the first half of A.I. (or should I attribute the credit to Kubrik for this?), real classic sci-fi fare. But the second half descended into that kind of wide-eyed kiddy schmaltz that I don't like from him.

Atomkilla said:

Good on you, mate. But don't bother with Paul, I tried to watch it, but I just wasn't interested in the premise to run with it. It also cast a disturbing insight into my relationship with my gaming bro.

Agree on Hot Fuzz. I actually liked it more than SotD.

The Sherlock series is good, especially the Study in Pink episode. I can't say that I liked the second episode very much and I absolutely hated Moriarty. Still, the series is quite good overall. I will definitely watch it through.

Yeah, I hated Moriarty too. And I wish we could do more Sherlock without Moriarty at all. But at least it was a fresh take.

What do you kids think of Clint Eastwoods career as a Director?

Favorite film? Is there anything he has not done as an actor/director that you'd like to see him attempt?

My favorites:

1. Outlaw Josey Wales
2. Unforgiven
3. Million Dollar Baby / Gran Torino *

* tie for third place

I'm set for Game of Shadows Friday afternoon (I love the pulp feel of the first movie).

Also looking forward to Dark Knight Rises, particularly because Bane feels like a Brotherhood of Nod warlord and y'all know how I have a massive love affair with Nod.

Tagaziel said:
I'm set for Game of Shadows Friday afternoon (I love the pulp feel of the first movie).

Also looking forward to Dark Knight Rises, particularly because Bane feels like a Brotherhood of Nod warlord and y'all know how I have a massive love affair with Nod.

Don't. :evil: Bane is a pure blooded wrestler through and through, his backbreaker is beastly and his lucha mask is legendary. 8-)

DammitBoy said:
Favorite film?

I haven't seen all his films, but I'm pretty sure my favorite is Letters from Iwo Jima.

Though I should probably watch some of his films again. I have forgotten quite a bit of them, to be honest.

Tagaziel said:
I always found the luchador Bane too ridiculous for my tastes.

A roider who trained lucha while in prison is more ridicilous then an S&M bound cosplayer severely scarred by childhood trauma and daddy issues?

Moe Canibo said:
A roider who trained lucha while in prison is more ridicilous then an S&M bound cosplayer severely scarred by childhood trauma and daddy issues?

Yes. Particularly because the latter description is nowhere near the DKR Bane.

Tagaziel said:
Moe Canibo said:

Yes. Particularly because the latter description is nowhere near the DKR Bane.

The latter description is representing Batman, not Bane.

It's funny, because Batman's the last thing to come to mind when reading that description, at least for me.

Really?

Rubber S&M gimp suit - CHECK

Furry fetishism and cosplay - CHECK

Clooney.jpg

Severe mental issues caused by childhood trauma - CHECK

batmans-folks.jpg

More mental issues, this time manfested as a severe case of chiroptophobia in childhood, later transformed into OCD and DID - CHECK

In short, mister Batman is one highly disturbed fuck.

Back