Things that you LIKE about Fallout 76

my biggest problem with the lore is that all the wildlife is intact/it hasn't been nuked

The flora is really only intact near the starting area in the middle, the other ends of the map like the Cranberry Bog/Ash Heap/The Mire/Toxic Valley/The Savage Divide are all fucked up in their own way. The fauna everywhere seems to be mutated such as the three-headed opossums, electric frogs, and the ugly looking squirrels. It's a bit weird yeah, but it isn't all lush green

The flora is really only intact near the starting area in the middle, the other ends of the map like the Cranberry Bog/Ash Heap/The Mire/Toxic Valley/The Savage Divide are all fucked up in their own way. The fauna everywhere seems to be mutated such as the three-headed opossums, electric frogs, and the ugly looking squirrels. It's a bit weird yeah, but it isn't all lush green

A lot of it is though. From what I recall there are two major zones that are lush green. The other zones are visually great but I think changing the starting zones to something a tad more sparse and more perma-autumnal like the forests near Arroyo/Klamath in F2 would have been more suitable.

Ironically the visual appearances of Appalachia and the Commonwealth should basically be swapped.

A lot of it is though. From what I recall there are two major zones that are lush green.

60ca88de-790x812.png

The beginning level area is pretty big yeah, but the only real "lush" part of the map is the Forest. Unless of course you also count the mutated Dr. Seuss looking trees in the Bog area or the Point Lookout III area in the Mire. Whoever did the borders on this map forgot to add yellow at the river as you can't cross to the other side, so it looks a bit bigger than it is in-game

I think changing the starting zones to something a tad more sparse and more perma-autumnal like the forests near Arroyo/Klamath in F2 would have been more suitable.

That would be nice, I do agree the Forest is a bit too lush, I'd even like if they had made the flora look a little more sickly and dying than vibrant and lively

60ca88de-790x812.png

The beginning level area is pretty big yeah, but the only real "lush" part of the map is the Forest. Unless of course you also count the mutated Dr. Seuss looking trees in the Bog area or the Pointlookout III area in the Mire. Whoever did the borders on this map forgot to add yellow at the river as you can't cross to the other side, so it looks a bit bigger than it is in-game

That would be nice, I do agree the Forest is a bit too lush, I'd even like if they had made the flora look a little more sickly and dying than vibrant and lively

Just a little bit of extra desertification would have done just to show the landscape is permanently altered, even in zones with flora regrowth. I also seperated the starting area and the whole Mothman wing of the map as two different zones, for whatever reason. It has been 2 years now since I played it.

Another thing I really like in FO76 is the environmental storytelling of pre-war civil unrest between worker unions and corporations replacing them with automatons. There's a bunch of protest signs like this around in the game.

Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_10_Aint_a_Commie.png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_5_People_First (1).png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_7_Give_Jobs_Back.png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_6_Jobs_or_Blood.png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_5_People_First.png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_4_Want_to_Work.png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_1_Dad_Needs_Job.png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_3_Against_Automation.png

Another thing I really like in FO76 is the environmental storytelling of pre-war civil unrest between worker unions and corporations replacing them with automatons. There's a bunch of protest signs like this around in the game.

View attachment 18271 View attachment 18272 View attachment 18273 View attachment 18274 View attachment 18275 View attachment 18276 View attachment 18277 View attachment 18278
Yeah, they touched on this in the Pitt as well, and I have to admit that it’s one piece of lore entirely created by Bethesda that fits into the series well.

Flora should only just be starting to pop back up, sickly little skinny trees and green shoots. The world has just been wiped lcean practically. Plus most of the desolate zones are desolate because of pre-war industrial activity.

76 has me fully drawn in, I've accomplished everything, though, dropping a nuke is really the only thing that I could keep doing. :V

I just started the other day after having the game for a while, and I have to say I've been enjoying it so far, albeit I'm only a couple dozen hours in.

I like the Level system a lot better than 4's, the card perk idea is cool, and with the use of SPECIAL as a stackable card count is neat and works well for the MMO style of the game. I already have some cards ranked up and I will swap sets out in order to do certain build ideas which is cool, and fits.

The Wastelander update has been great so far, As it adds a balance of people in the area with their quests, and the original holotape and robot based quests from the release of the game.

It really is a great looking game, with good environments, although I have only really been to a handful so far.

I also really like the C.A.M.P. system a lot better than settlements from 4, as that just felt like a whole other side game I personally did not want to do that much, other than small ones for myself.

As I go, I'm thinking I'll find some more things I enjoy. The MMO idea of Fallout has always intrigued me, and wondering how they would go about it. At first I was pissed about how it all came out, but now playing it, feels like a finished game with some good ideas.

Well I like that I can co-op with my sister in a Fallout game (although I have some issues with the lore & setting). I like the weapon/armour crafting/upgrading and especially the building aspect of the game. I like the 98% of community who are very helpful in game if you require any assistance. Not the Fallout game I expected or wanted but I give it a go and liked it regardless of it's faults and annoying bugs.

I think Bethesda did a great job in designing the world. Despite all of the bad shit and dumb design decisions in the game, one thing I can always enjoy is marveling Bethesda's interpretation of West Virginia.

I do hope that Bethesda keeps making Fallout games in Appalachia because it's ripe for lore and exploration into how that part of the world was affected by the nukes.

I am still trying to play through it, and hopefully I can finish the damn thing this summer, because when I did regularly play it, I enjoyed parts of it, (and that was without NPCs).

Plus I'm just a Fallout nut, and I have to play everything Fallout regardless of how bad it may be. :dance:

I think Bethesda did a great job in designing the world. Despite all of the bad shit and dumb design decisions in the game, :dance:

Yes dumb design decisions is the best way to put it lol I was hoping more for desolation than all the greenery but I got used to it, it is a good world.

Yes dumb design decisions is the best way to put it lol I was hoping more for desolation than all the greenery but I got used to it, it is a good world.
I found the greenery to be preferable to the sand and desert of the originals and FNV. I've always preferred Forest environments in games, and I think Bethesda did a good job, especially considering I live near Southern Appalachia.

I found the greenery to be preferable to the sand and desert of the originals and FNV. I've always preferred Forest environments in games, and I think Bethesda did a good job, especially considering I live near Southern Appalachia.

Then the game setting would have significance for you, I'll always associate Fallout with deserts and arid lands and dead trees.

The environments are amazing. probably my favorite in the series so far, the Mire is fantastic with its colors, vegetation and overall atmosphere, Beth is really at their best with fallout when it comes to swamps or soggy areas as such. helps hide the LODs too with all the flora.

I really enjoyed the commentary on automation, pre-war work issues and such, Beth had an issue relying the message of how shitty the world pre-war was in previous entries but this one just kicks it out of the park.

The post-war original groups they came up with are great, the way they are all connected to pre-war locations and groups. my personal favorite are the Free-States. Its a shame that they are all dead now and instead we have the BoS shoehorned back into it. why make so many interesting original groups if you're just gonna boot them and bring a faction that has no place in this location at all.
The Enclave I can understand, plus the group in-game is completely isolated from the rest and their story is a pretty sweet one. MODUS rocks, love me some ZAX type computers doing a comeback

ji1U70H.png

Apparently they introduced the AK-112 to 76? It's a thing of beauty.

Too bad its an atom shop skin. why not make a gun on its own its beyond me but thats a common sentiment with a TON of things in FO76

I love the Mole Miners. Maybe that's just because I managed to get a really powerful Mole Miners Gauntlet but I think the lore behind them is very interesting.

I liked how you can join the Enclave for the first time. I have also enjoyed exploring the world. What however turned me off after I have reached level 100 was how stupidly grindy this game is, everyone either runs in PA bloodied heavy gunner or they run stealth commando build with fixer/handmade and then they abuse sneak exploit which allows them to remain in sneak mode even when they stand up or sprint.

Back