UP and RP updates

Wanted to report some bugs with RPU + new maps mod. Don't know where else to post these. I am assuming these bugs are from the Restoration project base and not from the maps mod.

- In Abbey, after finding out what is wrong with the pump (used repair on it), I don't get the option to ask Harry in Vault City for a motor. I can tell the Elder that I'm going to VC to get the part, but don't get the option there. I think maybe it's because I got the quest from the Elder instead of from trader outside.

- In New Reno, after following the Wright children out to the desert, and watching the transaction, I don't get the XP for staying hidden until it's completed. The transaction also never fully ends.

Hello. New member.
I did a clean install of FO2, then clean install of RP latest version. Everything looks to be working correctly except a few things.
Most notable is I never get any gecko pelts after killing them.
And smaller things I noticed, the junk piles (bottles) and light tan crate piles used to be searchable in the original game weren't they? They aren't in RP.
Other than that, I'm really digging this! Thank you for all the hard work. When the first fallout and then 2 each came out, I was all over them like flies on honey! It's amazing to see others dedicated to them after these decades and making these awesome mods the take them up a notch!
Rock on

The light tan crates which look like they have some junk in them are searchable, the empty tan crates are not.

You can't skin geckos until you get the gecko skinning perk after rescuing Smiley.

Dumb irrelevant stuff but... is there any reason for Booze to weight 1?
As Nuka-Cola, Beer, Gamma Gulp Beer, Rot Gut and Roentgen Rum weights 0, it would be nice if Booze weighted 0 too, there would be a reason to collect/buy it besides that Vault City quest... in fact, make all food weight 0, also Box of Noodles, Cheezy Poofs, Cosmetic Case, Deck of Cards, Flower... so they'd have a use in the game like Dices, Condoms, Lighters...

Or we can reverse the question too... why Nuka-Cola, Beer, Gamma Gulp Beer, Rot Gut and Roentgen Rum don't weight 0?

Dumb irrelevant stuff but... is there any reason for Booze to weight 1?
As Nuka-Cola, Beer, Gamma Gulp Beer, Rot Gut and Roentgen Rum weights 0, it would be nice if Booze weighted 0 too, there would be a reason to collect/buy it besides that Vault City quest... in fact, make all food weight 0, also Box of Noodles, Cheezy Poofs, Cosmetic Case, Deck of Cards, Flower... so they'd have a use in the game like Dices, Condoms, Lighters...

Or we can reverse the question too... why Nuka-Cola, Beer, Gamma Gulp Beer, Rot Gut and Roentgen Rum don't weight 0?
More than nothing, but less than 1.
There is no half-weight in the game (0.33 or 0.75)
For example, we can conditionally assume that 0.33 = 0, and 0.75 = 1

UPU and RPU v27/v28 are released, quoted from BGforge:

================================================================================
UPU and RPU v27

After a long break, finally new UPU and RPU releases are available. Version 27 includes a few dozen new fixes, as well as some QoL improvements.

The installer now allows to select a damage mod setting. Also, the option of wiping merchants inventories on restock is restored.

French and Magyar translations got their proper fonts and other assets.

Full changelogs: UPU, RPU.

As usual, RPU includes all applicable fixes from UPU, and bundles latest versions of smaller mods: Hero Appearance, Party Orders, etc.

Many people have contributed to this release, but I’d like to specially note:
  • NovaRain and phobos2077 for their continued work on sfall and patches for UPU/RPU.
  • Mr. House, who almost singlehandedly completed Brazilian Portuguese translation, becoming the top translator in the Hive.
Note that Portuguese translation still needs corresponding fonts to be usable, waiting for a brave hero to make that happen.

Download: UPU, RPU.

================================================================================
UPU and RPU v28

Version 28 is a hotfix release for the issue introduced in v27, when car would disappear if PC already has it when returning Jonny to his parents in Modoc.

Download: UPU, RPU.

For those already progressed in v27, a hotfix is available: download the script, extract into data\scripts.

For Pixote's updated RP maps, you can download this map update mod:
MediaFire | MEGA | Icedrive

Put rpu_map_update.dat in your "mods" folder. If there is already a mods_order.txt in the mods folder, add its filename after rpu.dat and rpu_<language>.dat.

Some of the major changes:
EPA ground level (old)
epagroundold.jpg

EPA ground level (new)
epagroundnew.jpg

Abbey (old)
abbeyold.jpg

Abbey (new)
abbeynew.jpg

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the turrets will fire at them...

e: Ok so the turrets do fire at them. I'll try to leave then in the entry hall then and hope I can pick them up when I fight FH.

e2: So I guess my question is if I should leave them on the tanker before leaving SF or if it's ok to leave them in the lobby?

Last edited:
Fo2Folder.png
I returned to Fo2 again, on Linux Mint 64bit this time.
Using Bottles as Wine frontend.
Installed GOGs Fo2, runs fine.
Installed rpu_v28.exe with Bottles, all files are in Fo2 folder. (all folders were lower-cased before install)
Set dll override 'WINEDLLOVERRIDES='ddraw.dll=n,b' wine fallout2.exe' as mentioned here:
https://github.com/BGforgeNet/Fallout2_Restoration_Project/blob/master/docs/linux.md

Problem: Vanilla Fo2 starts, when running fallout2.exe.

The other Linux alternative mentioned on https://github.com/BGforgeNet/Fallout2_Restoration_Project/blob/master/docs/linux.md does not work, because 'rpu-install.sh' won't run.

What did I wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Also there is no 'mods_order.txt' in the mods folder.

Last edited:
If you start the game, do you see sfall's version number in the bottom right corner of the main menu?

Then the override is not working? Can you try

Code:
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ddraw=n,b" wine fallout2.exe

I already tried as stated in my post. i tried also the different settings like native and/or integrated for dll overriding without success.

The command that I posted is different though. (different syntax on the variable)

If it doesn't work with the different syntax, you'll have to set it in winecfg.

Was sfall loaded in vanilla FO2? Or even vanilla fo2 was without sfall?

I tried both commands in Bottles and WineConfig without success.
I added fallout2.exe to wineconfig and added the command to dll override.

GOG version came with sfall 3.2. Sfall readme after overwriting with RPU shows 4.4.0.1

I don't think the sfall version was shown in vanilla gog either,

If in ddraw.ini you set in the [Debugging] section Enable=1 and then start the game, quit the game.... do you have an sfall-log.txt file in the fallout folder with the debug log? if so, can you post it on pastebin?

I don't get an sfall-log.txt file. I also can't make a savegame because my keyboard does not get recognized?!

does the graphics mode make a difference? basic and DD7 give me black screens, but game seems to be running in the background.

Back