UP and RP updates

V4 is better, now game is starting without crash, but I cannot save the game in temple. I got unable to save game message. I will investigate tomorrow. I see new playable characters are not implemented. Full animation sets are ready on the forum, so I hope that it will be added soon.
v5 is out and I can confirm that saving in the temple is fixed. On a side note, I got to give thanks to burn for making RPU and being so diligent with these updates. Thank you for bringing life back into the wasteland burn :)

V5: yes saving is fixed, but Party Orders mod seems not working.
I am trying with v1.3 and I just paid for sulik and pressing keys R (regroup), X (scatter), H (holster) not working.
I tried with sfall Fallout 2/data/scripts/gl_partycontrol.int and without.
I am wondering what I am missing. I have in Fallout 2/mods/ party_oders dat and ini files (default config).
About early gameplay in Klamath:
scr00000.png
The human bones in slaughterhouse shouldn't be rather brahmin bones?
scr00001.png
Sulik shouldn't be referring to west area instead of east?

EDIT:
I've broken my laziness and looked into party orders source how to fix it.
The file "party_oders.ini" from mods directory should be in main Fallout directory under name party_op.ini.
Now Party Orders v1.3 is working with RPU.

Redding:
scr00003.png
I can grab all sheriff stuff (from shelves and trunks) without him complaining. I don't even have to become his deputy. With all his guns I am so rich I can buy out Vic, car etc. So journey to redding and fro makes game so easy.

Edit2:
Why NPC Armor mod is not working/not included?

Edit3:
Again I peeked into source.
The file from backup/rpu/data/scripts/gl_npcarmor.int should be in the data/scripts/gl_npcarmor.int
And missing FRMs from killap RP in /data/art/critters/. For example for Sulik there are: NMSULJ* NMSUCA* NMSUMA* NMSUPA* NMSULA* files.
Now it's working.

Edit4:
In v6 I've got russian lettered graphics.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you would like the bug report here or on github but I figured I would post it here to see what category this would likely fall under, RP bug, SFall bug or RPU bug before making a github issue. I have 2 issues that have cropped up in the years since Killap "retired" which make me think it's SFall related but here we go.

Issue 1) Reputation in The Den not increasing after completing the various quests, despite being awarded karma for them. In RPU v6, I have completed all the quests except killing Metzger, the highwayman quest from Smitty, telling Karl to go home and the mummy quest and reputation is at Accepted in The Den. I was sure that you were able to get Liked at that point before or am I wrong?

Issue 2) The Jonny is missing quest. Jonny reacts to the player only with the floats and will not enter dialogue, even if you have Laddie with your party or not.

In The Den (RPUv6) I got liked for:

den_liked.png

I believe nobody from maintainers reading messages here. I am posting my reports under under RPU and UPU github issues.

Issue 2) The Jonny is missing quest. Jonny reacts to the player only with the floats and will not enter dialogue, even if you have Laddie with your party or not.
Yeah it's a bad "fix" in every way. It's looking for a global variable that only Johnny can set, but since you can't talk to him that is not possible (well, technically you can kill him to set it, but it might be a bit problematic to talk afterwards).

It's also not a good idea to make the quest depend on whether you have Laddie or not.
What happens if the fragile little pooch dies? What's even worse is that there is a possibility to get the Johnny quest from Balthas without ever getting the dog, just like the devs wanted it, and now you can no longer finish the quest that way.
EDIT: This doesn't actually seem to be implemented, not sure why the changelog claims it has. Either way, it's not a good idea.

@burn Why don't you just fix it the way I suggested on the Restoration Project Bug Wiki? Or was there some problem doing it that way?
EDIT: Yes there is a problem with a wrong entry in the Pipboy, so don't do it. Look at this instead:

Code:
Restoration Project, mcbaltha

procedure talk_p_proc

//added by killap (expansion)
   end else if ( (jonny_seed_active) and (node_25) ) then begin
      floater(240);
   //end added by killap
New dialog line to stop you from being able to report that Johnny is in the caves more than once. Haven't checked why the node_25 check is there, but probably risk blocking some other dialog without it.

Code:
procedure Node025 begin
   set_node_25; // added by killap - expansion
   //set_jonny_pip(state_jonny_in_caves);
   //set_jonny_seed_active; --comment out by killap
   Reply(220);
   NOption(g_mstr(350),Node999,001);
end
Not sure why "set_jonny_pip(state_jonny_in_caves)" is commented out, probably a mistake as this is what is breaking the Johnny quest. Just add it in again.
Don't know why Johnny-seed_active is commented out either but it is the same way in the Unofficial Patch, so maybe a bug fix?

Code:
Unofficial Patch, mcbaltha

procedure talk_p_proc

end else if (jonny_seed_active) then begin
            //added by killap
            if (jonny_pip == state_jonny_in_caves) then begin
               floater(240);
            end else begin
            //end added by killap
An earlier attempt to stop you from being able to report that Johnny is in the caves more than once. I think this has been put in the wrong place, because a floater before closing an open dialog window fucks up the dialog. Maybe that is why "Johnny-seed_active" is commented out?

Code:
procedure Node025 begin
   set_jonny_pip(state_jonny_in_caves);
   //set_jonny_seed_active; --comment out by killap
   Reply(220);
   NOption(g_mstr(350),Node999,001);
end
set_jonny_pip(state_jonny_in_caves)" is not commented out, so the quest probably wasn't ever broken in the Unofficial Patch.

So to summarize; Revert Johnny's script back to what it was. Add "set_jonny_pip(state_jonny_in_caves);" back in Baltha's script. Clean up the code in McBaltha for the unofficial patch (Maybe make the same as in the RP?). Check what "jonny_seed_active" is for and possibly re-implement it.

Last edited:
Actually I never had the dog with me in the quest, ever. No idea how to get him to follow you. I remember that once, years ago, I had him run to the water well and that's it.

Yeah it's a bad "fix" in every way. It's looking for a global variable that only Johnny can set, but since you can't talk to him that is not possible (well, technically you can kill him to set it, but it might be a bit problematic to talk afterwards).

It's also not a good idea to make the quest depend on whether you have Laddie or not.
What happens if the fragile little pooch dies? What's even worse is that there is a possibility to get the Johnny quest from Balthas without ever getting the dog, just like the devs wanted it, and now you can no longer finish the quest that way.

@burn Why don't you just fix it the way I suggested on the Restoration Project Bug Wiki? Or was there some problem doing it that way?
Darek could you post that script in here? Viki link doesn't work and I need my Combat Jacket.

Sure.

This should only be used as a temporary fix. I need to take a closer look at this later, because I suspect the RP broke it, and that it was working in vanilla. Will edit my previous post about this issue then.
I've played RP 2.33 dozen times and it was working fine.
I have copied the script and its still the same.Do I need to start new game?

Last edited:

Good to know that it is indeed a break caused by RP. Just to clarify the issue, I tired different variations of the quest except going straight to Jonny before speaking to Balthas. Jonny doesn't enter dialogue if Laddie is in the party or not. Hopefully a proper fix can be created since I love that sweet combat leather jacket early in the game.

Guys can you tell me exactly what does Cult of Personality perk fix? Where this perk is useful?

Not sure if this requires a bug report or not, but..

I went into the toxic caves, saved 3 times before going down, saved Smiley, went back to klamath, did a quick save, but after trying to load it, all saves at the toxic caves, and the one in klamath has been corrupted.

Should I upload the affected saves?

Edit: Enabling debugging allows me to load them, i guess this is a repeat issue then.

Last edited:
Not sure if this requires a bug report or not, but..

I went into the toxic caves, saved 3 times before going down, saved Smiley, went back to klamath, did a quick save, but after trying to load it, all saves at the toxic caves, and the one in klamath has been corrupted.

Should I upload the affected saves?

Edit: Enabling debugging allows me to load them, i guess this is a repeat issue then.

I have the same problem. Unable to load it said.

Jonny's dialog is reverted for now, but I need saves to make a proper fix and test it.
I need to be able to reproduce issues to fix them, the guide is on github.

Johnny is working properly now (version 8)
I have no music in Primitive Tribe and Abbey.
Also in Abbey trying to fix the pump fucks up the window pop-up. I can't do anything.
In ddraw.ini I have this line
;Set to 1 to prevent the inventory/loot/automap interfaces from being placed on top of other script-created windows
InterfaceDontMoveOnTop=1

Any help?

Last edited:
I can also confirm that Jonny is working as intended in v8. I can also provide save files at various points in the Modoc quest lines so you can do a proper fix.

The Hoss fight in NCR is still not working properly. Here's my thoughts on it.

Good idea to use damage_p_proc, so you don't have to wait for his turn to end the fight. But you need to check that it only runs during that one fight, for instance with a team Loner check. Also, you only need to set the 'BEAT_HOSS' gvar when he is knocked out, it's otherwise taken care of in dialog.
I noticed a problem with Hoss animation getting stuck in a knocked down position a few times (not knocked out), probably from combat closing before his turn so he can get back up. He comes back to normal after map change/loading save, so maybe no big problem. Also may be fixed in a later sfall version than I tested with?

Code:
schoss

procedure damage_p_proc

if (has_trait(TRAIT_OBJECT,self_obj,OBJECT_TEAM_NUM) == TEAM_LOANER) then begin
      if ((self_cur_hits <= (self_max_hits / 3)) or (is_critter_prone(self_obj))) then begin

if (is_critter_prone(self_obj)) then begin
            set_global_var(GVAR_NCR_BEAT_HOSS, 1);

end
         call surrender;

end
   end

Can probably remove combat_p_proc completely, can't see what purpose it serves anymore (was added by killap). At the very least, remove the prone check, as nothing in combat_p_proc is run while he is unconscious anyway.
The "(self_cur_hits <= (self_max_hits / 3))" check in timed_event_p_proc is likely redundant too.

It is also possible for Hoss to flee from the player without surrendering the fight, which is a bit silly. With this he will surrender.

Code:
schoss

procedure timed_event_p_proc

end else if (critter_is_fleeing(self_obj)) then begin

set_local_var(LVAR_Used_Gun, 1);

call surrender;

// add that in just after the (dude_pulls_gun) section. Chose LVAR_Used_Gun, as the resulting dialog response fits better in my mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sierra Army Depot
Activating the alarm by using the consoles in Sierra Army Depot didn't always work. With this it will.

Code:
Both wsterm1b and wsterm2a

procedure Node002a begin
   set_map_var(MVAR_Security_Level_1,1);
   set_global_var(GVAR_SIERRA_BASE_SECURITY);
   call Node001;
end

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RP addition that I think should be removed; - SAD Sentry bots in storage area was not supposed to fight the player, plus they are not implemented properly anyway (no weapons and wrong AI). Remove the new code or just disable it like this:

Code:
wcdedbot

procedure combat_p_proc begin

if (map_var(MVAR_Robot_Activation) == 1) then begin

change to

if (map_var(MVAR_Robot_Activation) == 2) then begin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SanFran
The two shop owners in SanFran stop spawning money in their inventory after 7 years of game-play, add this to keep spawning money.

Code:
fcgunmer

#define LVAR_Restock_Fix              (9)

procedure map_enter_p_proc

if ((game_time < 0) and (local_var(LVAR_Restock_Fix) == 0)) then begin
       set_local_var(LVAR_Restock_Money, game_time - 1);
       set_local_var(LVAR_Restock_Fix, 1);
   end
   //Insert it just above this line.
   if (game_time > local_var(LVAR_Restock_Money)) then begin

Code:
fclaocho

#define LVAR_Restock_Fix              (10)

procedure map_enter_p_proc

if ((game_time < 0) and (local_var(LVAR_Restock_Fix) == 0)) then begin
       set_local_var(LVAR_Restock_Money, game_time - 1);
       set_local_var(LVAR_Restock_Fix, 1);
   end
   //Insert it just above this line.
   if (game_time > local_var(LVAR_Restock_Money)) then begin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To fix issues with Chad (RP version) - dialog crash and failure to end combat when he was supposed to:
Chad dialog interface bug with starting combat in broken1 map. Node021 don't close. Not sure exactly what the problem is, but it's something to do with using attack_complex without a proper way to exit dialog. Just change Node018 to look like this instead of going through Node 021 and Node992.

Code:
hcchad

procedure Node018 begin

Reply(202);

critter_add_trait(self_obj,TRAIT_OBJECT,OBJECT_AI_PACKET,AI_TOUGH_CITIZEN);
   set_local_var(LVAR_Personal_Enemy,1);
   set_local_var(LVAR_Safe_Attack,2);
   NOption(205,Node021,004);
   floater(206);
end

Chad is also supposed to give up when taking too much damage. Problem is that "terminate_combat;" is in the critter_p procedure while it needs to be in the combat_p procedure. So add combat_p_proc looking like this:

Code:
procedure combat_p_proc;

procedure combat_p_proc begin
   variable max;

variable cur;

if (local_var(LVAR_Safe_Attack) == 2) then begin

max := get_critter_stat(self_obj, STAT_max_hp);

cur := get_critter_stat(self_obj, STAT_current_hp);

if (cur < (max/4)) then begin

terminate_combat;

end

end

end

Replace the section under "//added by killap - expansion pack" in critter_p_proc with this code

Code:
procedure critter_p_proc begin

//added by killap - expansion pack
   if ( cur_map_index == MAP_BROKEN_HILLS2 ) then begin

if (map_var(MVAR_House_Encounter) == 1) then begin

set_map_var(MVAR_House_Encounter,2);

add_timer_event( self_obj, game_ticks(0), 4 );

doTalk := 1;

end
   end

if (local_var(LVAR_Safe_Attack) == 2) then begin

max := get_critter_stat(self_obj, STAT_max_hp);

cur := get_critter_stat(self_obj, STAT_current_hp);

if (cur < (max/4)) then begin
            set_local_var(LVAR_Personal_Enemy,0);

set_local_var(LVAR_Safe_Attack,0);
         if ( cur_map_index == MAP_BROKEN_HILLS1 ) then begin

set_map_var(MVAR_Chad_Draw,1);
         end

call talk_p_proc;

end

end

There is one instance where Marcus wouldn't close the Chad quest properly.

Code:
hcmarcus

procedure Node2021 begin

set_global_var( GVAR_BH_CHAD, CHAD_CONFIRMED );

Should be:

set_global_var( GVAR_BH_CHAD, CHAD_ARRESTED );

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a problem in Sanfran where sometimes an invisible Bess will be set as your opponent, thus screwing up the fights.
This will prevent that from happening:

Code:
fcdragon and fclopan

procedure checkTestObj

if (obj == dude_obj) then begin

obj := 0;

debug_msg("FCLOPAN: FYI: found dude");

end

should be:

if ((obj == dude_obj) or (obj == Bess_Ptr)) then begin

obj := 0;

debug_msg("FCLOPAN: FYI: found dude");

end
               // Bess is party_member_obj(16777407)

While checking the above, I looked at Bess's script. It seems that removing party members in the map exit procedure (which she tries to do) is not possible. The game just ignores it. It's a bit stupid that her script follows you around everywhere, but I can't think of a good way to prevent that.

Mr Wight in New Reno could never catch you tampering with his safe, as he couldn't see you behind the table. Moved the safe a bit so that he can. Link

Add missing Sulik leather armor frame (from @Josan12). Link
Last time I spoke to him, which was three and a half years ago, he said; "I also have a bunch of corrected animations for the NPC armor mod, and also the new armored talking heads mod.". Not sure if it's uploaded anywhere, but might be worth checking out.

Last edited:
I got a bug when trading with sajag at klamath, my weight will become 0. This ain't happen when trading with maida.

Been using RPU+fo2tweak v10+party order+inventory filter

i installed v8 over rp 2.3.3 yesterday and can't find party.txt anymore. i use a modified one i want to play with.

and thanks a lot for continuing killap's endless fight against Bugout! ;-)

Back