Wasteland 3 announced

Any word on the storefronts for PC this is coming to? I'm assuming normal as if they weren't going to be owned by Microsoft?

They have a page for Wasteland 3 on the Steam store, but that doesn't guarantee anything
Made me go and look at GOG. No storepage there. You're right though, that could change at some point. I'm not as concerned about it being Epic exclusive but rather that since Microsoft owns them now that it may be a Windows Store exclusive or something. But then again, Halo games are coming to Steam. Hopefully, they can still release games on GOG under their new bosses.

I'm pretty sure it will come to Steam. Not getting it there is a financial shot in the foot, and MS knows that. Besides, there are already titles they own on Steam.
As far as GOG goes...maybe? GOG in GOG Galaxy 2.0 has a weird buddy-buddy relationship with XBox services, which are owned by MS, so...maybe?

Steam is a pretty safe bet tho.

Yeah it probably will be on Steam, just meant that since they've had page stores for other games like Outer Worlds and Metro, the existence of their store page isn't worth anything as evidence

Wasteland 2 was a fun experience (especially when I nabbed it in a discount bin at local Biedronka for 15 Złoty).
After the failures that were Numenera and Bard's Tale I'm inclined to wait a couple months after release before purchase.

Wasteland 2 apparently was worse until they got the Director's Cut. I may try to hold out and see if something similar here happens.

you guys have some real strong will, if the game ain't like 100 R$ or more on launch i will buy it, no pre-order tho.

I'll wait until they indicate whether the convoluted build system will still punish players for trying to start the game before spending a few hours researching it. Making characters should be fun especially in an rpg. Starting Wasteland 2 just felt like homework.

Back