Wasteland 3: General thread

The last DLC for Wasteland 3, Cult of the Holy Detonation, was released today.

InXile said:
Cult of the Holy Detonation brings together years of experience developing Wasteland 3, allowing us to create some of our best environments, creatures, weapons, and designs, and put them all into the subterranean, mutant-infested government stronghold of Cheyenne Mountain. It’s a blast.

The Desert Rangers will once again need to dive into a messy situation, sort out the major players and their motivations, and if necessary, take them to task. In true Wasteland fashion your decisions can have wide-reaching repercussions, and the decisions you’ve made up until this point can and will impact how the events within Cheyenne Mountain play out. This expansion also introduces objective-based combats, which are marquee events that require you to use your squad in new and unexpected ways. It’s going to put even the most battle-hardened among you to the test. For an extra challenge, try it on Supreme Jerk, with difficult skill checks and permadeath turned on, while being level 16. We dare you.

Funny, I was thinking today about Wasteland 3 and when the new DLC would be released.

So did the Faders and Cheyenne Mountain also make it in?

Edit: oh at least Cheyenne Mountain does.

Someone on Youtube was so kind of uploading all the story parts so that I could find out what it is about.

I have to say that it is personally not much to my interest, the storyline that is.
Not just the Cult of the Holy Detonation, but also that of Steeltown and Wasteland 3 itself.

I would really like to explain why here but I am going to have to think about it.

So it would have to be gameplay that would have to make me interested in playing Wasteland 3, and that unfortunately is also not my taste.
I am not saying that it is bad, but I am not that big of a fan of tactical combat on its own. That is why I also never played Jagged Alliance.

Almost a spoiler but not quite;
I think I would have found it a little more interesting if the original idea of the Faders had been used instead for Cheyenne Mountain, and that this would just have been a regular location instead of a DLC location.
They would have been cliche in their own way, but I did not find the mutant cults such an improvement.

I did the Cordite ending where you expand into Kansas but I would side with the Patriarch if I had to do it over again.

I did the Cordite ending where you expand into Kansas but I would side with the Patriarch if I had to do it over again.
Interesting. I did Ranger's ending but would like to see how the others go. I think you can side with Liberty? Which sounds like it could be interesting if the right amount of content is there.

I stayed up all night wondering wtf was happening uploading to Dewtube. Eventually when final checks said 99% and 4 minutes left, it stayed at this for an hour. When I inspected further it said video was aborted as it was over 15 minutes. I never cried honestly :-(.

Attachments

• bandicam 2022-09-25 11-51-13-259.jpg
    bandicam 2022-09-25 11-51-13-259.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Back