Weapons and equipment.

• Thread starter Thread starter E
  • Start date Start date
Seems like a good start, although I'm concerned that double barrel length = double damage/double throw could be a bit overkill.
I'm currently looking into GURPS Lite and how it suggests to model firearms (I still like the idea of only using d6 for everything).
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/lite/3e/gurpslite.pdf
On page 20. Seems like a pretty good start, and I think one can easily define some sort of modification table for certain calibers and barrel lengths and so on.
9 mm -> 2d6 base damage or something like that, other modifications allowing +2, x0.5, whatever sorts of modifiers.
Looking at the tables the amount of dice can become quite daunting though. Blaster rifle doing 12d6 damage? But that's subject to change, of course.

What do you mean with double barrel being overkill?
If you are talking about "Double Barrel Shotgun" i wrote, i didn't mean it to have x2 damage

No, I meant like, doing double damage by going from pistol to carbine length.
But in general your sketch is basically what I was going for, too, and what GURPS Lite also has.

Oh yeah, that's a problem. But i think modifying (+2 or x0.5) stuff would make it too complicated.

Dunno, such modifiers are very much standard in PnP games, shouldn't be too hard to get used to.

How about instead of adding 0.5, we add a fixed value depending on the max damage of the base weapon? if a weapon deal 1d6, a longer barrel would deal +1 damage, if a weapon deals 2d6, a longer barrel would deal +2 damage (basically 1/6 of the max damage). Could be a +2 for each d6 damage that the base weapon deals (1/3 of the max damage) or +3 (1/2 of the max damage) added, etc. This addition depends on what you want your game combat to be (more damage or less damage per shot).

Adding a fixed value helps with keeping the d6 number down while still making the weapon improvements something a player would want to get.

IMG_20171014_094448.jpg
Risewild, that is really reasonable. Check the pic.

Last edited:
How about instead of adding 0.5, we add a fixed value depending on the max damage of the base weapon? if a weapon deal 1d6, a longer barrel would deal +1 damage, if a weapon deals 2d6, a longer barrel would deal +2 damage (basically 1/6 of the max damage). Could be a +2 for each d6 damage that the base weapon deals (1/3 of the max damage) or +3 (1/2 of the max damage) added, etc. This addition depends on what you want your game combat to be (more damage or less damage per shot).

Adding a fixed value helps with keeping the d6 number down while still making the weapon improvements something a player would want to get.
Isn't that what I said?
I only also had thought about the possibility of x2 or x0.5 modifiers ^^

Back