What are your favourite FPS games?

F.E.A.R had some of the best gunplay at it's time and the story was great. What was it you didn't like? I can understand the rest but not F.E.A.R.
Lemme put it this way, I barely remember the game. It made almost no impression on me. Just fighting soldiers and the rooms on fire and there's a little girl and then she gets on the helicopter and then credits. Then it was a short trip to BME so I could trade it back for THE SUFFERING. God I miss that store.

1) Halo trilogy, Halo Reach, ODST. A masterpiece, really. Don´t kid yourself just because is a console franchise.

2) Call of Juarez 1 and 2.

3) Far Cry serie, specially the second (yeah, that one that evebody hate it)

Jedi Outcast/Academy i totally love it, but I only play with the saber (third person), so.....not much a FPS.

1. Redneck Rampage

hehe, this one is amazing. I have the CD track, pretty cool.

hehe, this one is amazing. I have the CD track, pretty cool.
It has an absolutely amazing soundtrack.
I once died in the game because Leonard farted—and fell off of a wall. The game makes your character fat when you abuse the heath packs (which are beer and junkfood). The character can start passing gas (often at inopportune times that alert enemies; and the character moves slightly in the opposite direction).

The other thing that impressed me, was that the character can get totally drunk—and they remap the movement keys... but it's done in such a way that the player can learn to compensate and be able to shoot while drunk—how apt is that!

One of the enemies in the game is sentient feces; while another enemy wears the minigun brassiere—that you may have seen in Machete-Kills... but the game came out over a decade before the film... The PC can wear the brassiere if they find one.

For those that never heard of the game...

Back