What "New" Fallout Fans Want?

@Sublime

Do me a favor when you quote someone and please don't add to the quoted material with your own content.
Going back and forth from the original to your version is tedious, it can also confuse anyone else trying to understand the context within.

Also I'm sure it's obvious that I should not get credit for your own statements.

• More Settlement everything, basically city building at this point in time...
  • A Snap feature for settlements
  • Settlement wars
  • More town management options...
  • More crafting
  • More scavenging for crafting
  • More DLC's (ugh *Face Palm*)
  • Bring back the Fallout 3 karma system (*Cringe*)
  • It's own music (What does this even mean?)
  • Duel wield weapons...
  • Color changing cosmetics for items
  • Make your own synths...
  • More useless costume clothing
  • Radiation make player grow extra limbs...
  • More weapon and armor mods
  • Remove power armor
  • Vehicles
  • Allow real money to be used in game (wtf I can't even on this one)
  • Cooperative play
  • More magic guns *sigh*
  • Remastered Fallout 3
  • Fallout MMORPG
  • More Fallout mobile games
  • More Paid mods...
  • Simplified inventory
  • Simplified basically everything...
where the fuck have you been looking because all of these are either 1. bullshit nobody would say or 2. the most basic un-descriptive shit ever (simplified inventory ?? ? ?//????)

ie; what the fuck does that mean

Last edited by a moderator:
@tgawt

My previous post was referring to how Sublime input their perspective's information into the quote format along with mine.

In the effort of clarity of the two different perspectives I was requesting that instead of including their input as with my quoted statement, they instead keep it separate to prevent confusion as well to ensure others can clearly define their unique input as their own.

As for your fairly rude questions the list was generated by statements made on either youtube, Bethesda's own forums, or my encounters with other Fallout fans. As I'm sure anyone here will tell you those that make suggestions about video games often make vague nondescript statements in an effort to be taken seriously.

As someone who is well versed in the industry I know that everyone has ideas, however ideas don't make games, people who apply effort do. A simple statement of "Hey, you guys should do this thing." doesn't facilitate an actionable nor meaningful response to apply such a suggestion. In my experience I often encounter such requests, however instead of reacting specifically negative to them I enjoy engaging the statements with humor. Granted while they are ultimately unproductive, sometimes they are worth a good chuckle which is why I opened this thread to allow others the opportunity to engage.

Therefore my list while seemingly lite of details do in fact include actual requests, demands, and statements made by others. The point of the list is to illuminate how unproductive such requests are, and how they are counter productive to a reasonable discussion. While they can be found humorous the sad fact remains that for profit companies do sometimes (rarely) take such vague statements seriously.

A lot of the "suggestions" request game play that deviates greatly from the basis of design of Fallout; which I consider pointing them out to be a reasonable use of my time.

In the future I request that your engagements with myself and others here on No Mutants Allowed be done with mutual respect. We are not here to make enemies, only to engage with the topics in a reasonably civil manner.

@tgawt
In the future I request that your engagements with myself and others here on No Mutants Allowed be done with mutual respect. We are not here to make enemies, only to engage with the topics in a reasonably civil manner.
damn dude its a fallout forum not life take a fucking chill pill

@tgawt
As someone who is well versed in the industry I know that everyone has ideas, however ideas don't make games, people who apply effort do. A simple statement of "Hey, you guys should do this thing." doesn't facilitate an actionable nor meaningful response to apply such a suggestion. In my experience I often encounter such requests, however instead of reacting specifically negative to them I enjoy engaging the statements with humor. Granted while they are ultimately unproductive, sometimes they are worth a good chuckle which is why I opened this thread to allow others the opportunity to engage.
I think Askagamedev has the same mindset. They particularly dislike when people suggest to them "you should do this" since they feel it's Armchair Design, e.g. somebody who doesn't account for money, management, what game is being made, etc telling the developer what should be put in. I assume this is only regards to game mechanics though, surely suggesting the odd easter egg wouldn't be problematic.

My perspective is, if you're not with the development team then you get no say. What so ever.
However if the development team asks for input, then by all means do so.

Literally the best way to suggest content is by reviewing the product after the fact. However typically by then the development team is already in pre-production for another game. So it turns into the suggestions from the 1st game going into the 3rd game.

A lot of individuals forget that there is a rather immense amount of work that goes into planning the entire project. Once a plan is agreed upon then that's it.

The only times this changes is if the following happens:
  • Recent events from a competitor forces a design shift.
  • Publisher that's hold the money for the project gets some dumbass idea and wants it in.
  • The original plan doesn't work.
  • SJW bullshit

Some of these don't even make sense, like "more paid mods" Why the hell would they want to have to pay for terrible pieces of shit? With the price of some of these "mods" you could literally go buy a new game. Absolutely ridiculous. And things like Cooperative play and settlement building prove that they don't know what makes Fallout great.

Where did you find this list? I'd Like to see it. I browse the BethesdaSoftworks and Fallout subreddit and have never seen this. Granted it could come from the other Fallout subs. Back to the list, some of these aren't bad ideas like cosmetic changes to your clothes. Some I think might just be wishes for FO4, like make your own synths.

Back