Why is Fallout 3 so hated?

Ekans22 said:
And yeah, in hindsight, wish I hadn't posted the link to the review. And, ironically, being one who just beat FO1 and say I enjoyed it much, I'd say his review was biased and maybe he was impatient or ADD or something. I posted that in the heat of the moment. Derp.

It's cool man, we all do dumb things when angry on the internet. I noticed things were getting pretty heated between you two there. The best I suggest whenever you get pissed off when speaking to someone on the internet is just drop it there. There's nothing on the internet worth getting angry over.

(that "review" still annoys me though
:mrgreen: )

Ekans22 said:
Or how about the Brotherhood of Steel. For me, this was a 'bomb' in FO1 (not the good kind of bomb).

Lets first look at FO3 BOS. To join them, I had to a) help them fight off hoards of super-mutants (including a bohemeth) in DC downtown area, and b) install a satellite dish to broadcast their staple channel Galaxy News Radio. You know, practical stuff. Even better, they didn't explicitly ask me to do these things - more like I had to build up a decent reputation (for helping them) on my own. Only when they recognized my contributions to their cause in hindsight, did they initiate me.

Now was it annoying that FO3 rail roaded me into supporting them, in this very exact manner, through use of main quests? Yes. But did it at least make me feel like I 'earned' my place in the BOS? Maybe not entirely, but lets compare that to FO1's genius....

Go get an item (any item) from 'the glow', radioactive crater, just to prove that you've been there. Ok, you're in! Screw your motives or the kind of person you are - if you can get an item - any item- from this radioactive area, then that proves you're resourceful, and you can be one of us!

Really? Its that ...simple? A fetch quest? Granted it ends up not being any item, but it ends up being a 'holotape' - but they don't tell you that; the way the quest is introduced, is that the BOS will take anyone who is able to fetch an arbitrary item from a dangerous area, for the pure sake of proving 'resoursefulness'. Screw, y'know, adding to their cause. Plus its one quest. Go to A, get item, come back. You're in!

You obviously didn't understand the "hidden message". The BoS didn't wanted you to join at all. They wanted you to go away... into your certain death, so you won't show up again. As the guy next to Cabbot says, you aren't the first one who wanted to join and you aren't the first one who was send to the glow. Nobody ever came back from that place, everyone died.

Your task is "bring something that looks important" ... It could have been everything. If you would have found the Power Armor MK300000 blueprints, or the key codes to a super space weapon they would have taken it as well.

Now here comes the thing: You do not die and you bring back an important piece of BoS history. This is impressive if you remember that *nobody* ever came back from that place. It shows how much value you have, therefore you are the exception to the rule and are allowed to join the BoS.

You are degrading the quest to a technical minimum: It's a fetch quest, which is true. And in the same time, you ignore everything around the fetch quest... Which is bad. In the end, you can reduce nearly every quest in any rpg down to a simple fetch quest. It's a no-brainer.

Ekans

Your first post was you didn't understand what the hype was all about, even though my post had clearly explained it. You then move on to play devils advocate (but apparently not very well), by saying FO3 was not all that different from FO 1 which is clearly ludicrous.

You yourself said you loved F1 but never elaborated on what you actually liked about it. This wouldn't normally be bad per say, but then to compare the originals to the newer versions reeks of your typical apologist posters who scream 'I loved all the Fallout games and why can't you all too'.

Lastly, your points only go to show how you only understand the surface aspect of the original while the deeper aspect meanings of those same quests just fly over your head or were never experienced at all. This I believe really pisses off a lot of members the most.

Bethesdas monstrous incarnations literally has NOTHING deep about it. Everything is about as superficial as a Michael Bay film. And NO, its not about personal interpretation when the only people who defend F3 were often the same mainstream gamers who really do not give much of a rats ass about what made the originals so awesome.

What I liked about FO1:

1) Awesome main antagonists. Probably my favorite between FO1, FONV, and FO3. In the latter two, you're fighting other human factions. But in FO1, you're fighting something thats non-human, and that adds an 'extra scary factor' by default. Combine that with the fact that FO1 takes place the closest to when the missiles flew (when humanity was at its weakest/least civilized), and you feel like you're truly fighting for the human race. It made the entire game epic.

You yourself said you loved F1 but never elaborated on what you actually liked about it.

Aight. Aapparently what I've said is not enough (maybe justifiably so, since I did spend a lot of time defending FO3 while attacking FO1). Could give impression I hate FO1, so here's more about what I like about it.

2) I liked how FO1 was harder/more difficult than FO3 and FONV. In the latter, being more of an FPS with an RPG touch (words I already used), the experience was much more straightforward. The question of 'how' to do something never really came up in FO3 and FONV, or at least, much more rarely. Whereas in FO1, I constantly had to 'puzzle' how to get over certain situations.

This was especially true, as I'm sure you're aware, in regards to the end of the game - taking out the mutant base and infiltrating the cathedral of the children. The end of FO3 was incredibly easy- shoot Colonel Autumn, then shoot everyone else. Same with NV (I was NCR) - shoot all the legion guys, kill the legate. But in FO1, I had to solve the puzzles, and because I wasn't playing a heavy combat character, really, really had to think my way through - which was awesome. In short FO1 was more challenging than the newer ones - and challenge makes a game feel more 'alive'.

Also, in real life - things aren't 'auto-scaled' to your abilities. FO1 got this superbly right. FO3, as you know, auto-scales everything to your level.

I'm having a harder time fighting a raider at lvl 20 than I did at lvl 5? WTF?! thats FO3.

3) Time limit. This is related to 2), and is in fact a love-hate relationship for me, but since I'm defending FO1 atm, will stick to the bright side. As frustrating as it was, it did, with full certainty, make the game feel more 'alive'. I loved the eerie note on my pip-boy saying, "hurry up, dip shit - you got 91 days left". I gained even more respect from the game when I found out that the endings are also related to the timescale in which you do certain things and when you beat the game - as even after the water chip is turned in, the mutants are on the rise.

Imagine if NV did the same with Caesar's Legion - that you had a time limit to finish NV in, and depending on how long you take and what order you do things in - certain NCR camps would get burned down.

FO1 handled this superbly, and its related to 2) in giving it that hardcore, realistic feel. The downside is losing a more casual experience of being able to act as my usual introverted, completionist self - but was it worth it? I'd say so. It was at least a nice change from the other FO games.

4) Realistic combat. In FO1 power armor actually made me feel epic. Guns couldn't get past my DR, and it made 'sense'. Head shots were deadly. I probably don't need to say much here - its beating a dead horse - how realistic combat is in FO1 compared to FO3 and FONV is, I think, pretty obvious.

5) Overhead traveling map/empty wastelands. Threw both of these together. I much prefer a map that lets me travel (and takes days) to get from one place to the other. In FO3/NV, I understand what they're trying to do - and to some extent its effective - by providing a huge-ass world that you can walk around without ever having to consort a travel map. But I've hated that stuff since TES - because I felt like it made the world feel - "smaller", not "bigger". Just take the fact that you can walk from one end of FO3 wastelands to the other in about an hour or so....

In FO1, entire 'days' went by as you traveled from settlement to settlement. Add in the hardcore element of -being on a time limit-, and you had an unforgettable experience.

Also, while were on this topic - I loved (some may disagree) the fact that FO1 was mostly 'empty'. FO2, FO3, and especially FONV feel a bit like amusement parks to me - there's an eventful building/place around every corner. While that may be entertaining, I prefer a game thats more realistic - FO1, the wastelands are surprisingly empty - and I love that feel.

Now to be lore-correct, the other FO games 'do' come later, and so it makes since for the wastelands to be maybe be less empty. It comes down to preference - I want to 'feel' like I'm in a world that just got bombed (not 'just', 80 years, w/e). And FO1, at least with this mentioned mechanic, gives this to me in a way that the other Fallout games cannot.

6) Less Railroading/more personal choice. FONV (and probably FO2, haven't played it) have this as well. I get to choose what factions I support. Hell, I can even join the Raiders if I want to. I can even work with the Master Mutant and eff over humanity. I can do -what I want to do-.

In my first play through of FO3, I played a crazed cannibalistic raider. I killed everyone on sight, including BOS boyz, and ate their bodies. And yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyet......the game ends with me saving the DC wastelands and joining the BOS.

It was so bad, I had to play a second time as a goody-two shoes "daddy's girl" kind of character, just to fit in with the story I felt they were 'forcing me to tell'. Was it still enjoyable? Yes, much more so on the second playthrough, because it felt more consistent. It was a fun story. But does it also suck that I was railroaded? Well, I obviously felt so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I could go on with other reasons.

Now, things I didn't (in fact hated) like about FO3. I'll keep these points brief, because on a site like this, I'm sure its beating a dead horse. And then kicking the body.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Effed up physics. I shoot a raider in the head, and it... 'falls' off. Exploding cars, etc - ok check.

2) Railroaded "Play it their way" style. Already mentioned this. Check.

3) Three-Dog. Enough said. Check. Check, check, and check.

4) Unrealistic combat. An AK (I call it an AK dammit) can apparently punch through power armor. You can get shot in the head and not die. Etc. Check.

5) Easy to max skills - be good at everything. Check.

6) Terrible companions. Although, (go ahead and throw a can at me), I didn't frankly think the companions in FO1 were terribly interesting or memorable - NPCs that join your 'party' were a hell of a lot memorable in say, Baldur's Gate - FO3 had this issue as well. But it even felt worse - somehow, I can't describe why. I don't even REMEMBER the companions you could take in FO3 - and I've played it twice. So, they must have sucked.

Now an interesting question is if you approach FO3 with the caveat that its NOT an RPG, its an FPS with an RPG touch - then how many of these points are forgivable (at least moreso)? Maybe 2 and 5. Maybe even 6. Definitely not 1, or 4. COD has them beat on those points for crying out loud. And definitely not 3. In -any- genre, -ever-, 3 is not justified.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You obviously didn't understand the "hidden message". The BoS didn't wanted you to join at all. They wanted you to go away... into your certain death, so you won't show up again. As the guy next to Cabbot says, you aren't the first one who wanted to join and you aren't the first one who was send to the glow. Nobody ever came back from that place, everyone died.

Lexx makes a good point here - but I did get it - if you read my discussion with Oppen. I said this:

Aye, Oppen - I did get the vibe from BOS in FO1 that, at least at first, they were trying to just get me killed. And that was actually a pleasant surprise - since it was different from the FO3 more 'altruistic/nice guys'. Hence my disappointment when I got back to them, and they were all like, "ok, come on in".

Basically what I said. I thought it was cool they were trying to send me to my grave. What a bunch of A-holes. And what would have made it even cooler, is if I was playing an Ironman game. It probably would have worked and scared me into not going!

But, I'm -sorry-, when I got back and they accepted me just like that - it seriously broke immersion for me. Ok, sure, that quest demonstrated that I'm -capable/resourceful-; I got that.

But it does -not-, in any way, demonstrate that I'm -trustworthy-. Or that I even give two flying doves about their cause of preserving technology. Or that I care about their ideals or even -want- to help them. It felt like a tough-guy raider club that initiates its members via natural selection; not the techno-centered isolationist group that wants to preserve technology with a cause; ie, the group it was meant to be.

In FO3, the chapter was -renegade- ; with the additional characteristics of:

a) More inclusive (ie, should be easier to join)
b) More altruistic (ie, cares about humanitarian issues).

And before I was invited to join THOSE guys (the ones that are supposed to be more inclusive), I had already:

1) Risked my life, alongside theirs, fighting off waves of super mutants in the DC downtown area.

2) Single-handedly traveled the city ruins, collecting parts, and building a satellite dish to broadcast the signal of their staple news channel GNR over a much larger distance; adding to the cause of the propoganda war against the Enclave, their main public enemy in FO3.

3) Helped my father build Project Purity (this renegade BOS faction actually cares about being humanitarian, so in this context, its good reputation. It wouldn't have mattered in FO1/FO2, I grant you.)

4) Got captured by the Enclave, their arch enemy in FO3 in the battle for the fate of the wastelands, and saw some of its leaders (Col. Autumn) face-to-face. I managed to escape. Oh yeah, and I blew up their ENITRE base.

Enough to get their attention?

If I'm playing a goodly character in FO3 (albeit annoyed that it railroads me to play one), than the story regarding joining the BOS, as compared to joining them in FO1; is more convincing and more immersive. I felt like I earned my place in FO3 in the BOS. I did -not- feel that way in FO1.

Your first post was you didn't understand what the hype was all about, even though my post had clearly explained it

You're right - I didn't. But, given points 1-6 on why I liked FO1 so much, along with others that I just didn't take the time to mention, added with an effect of 'growing up with the game' - I can see why people are in love with it. The same way I'm in love with Baldur's Gate and XCOM.

YOu then move on to play devils advocate (but apparently not very well),

Funny, because I'm always giving specifics, whereas you and shihon continue to make these vague "your arguements have so many fallacies" and "you don't play advocate very well" and other nearish-ad hom. attacks (not quite, but close) that do nothing to address the actual content of what I'm writing.

FO3 was not all that different from FO 1 which is clearly ludicrous

No, not quite. I said some of the things that people complain about in FO3 are also in FO1.

All I meant was that - sure you can find examples of bad/poor dialogue, or poor questing, in FO3 - but if you look, you can find it in FO1 as well - and its not fair to knock FO3 down for some of its poor quests and give FO1 a free pass. Stuff I personally didn't like in FO1 regarding dialogue/quests (won't elaborate, already did that in earlier posts)

1) Radscorpian WoWesque-style quest.

2) Deathclaw WoWesque-style quest.

3) Killian being too white/Gizmo being too black; typical thieves guild v.s. lawful good captain of the guard.

4) As I already mentioned, BoS induction.

5) Occasional dialogue/blurbs here and there; like the identical conversations with identical NPCs in Shady Sands; typical 'whats your story - not even paraphrasing lol' in dialogue with many NPCs, the assassin trying to kill Gizmo in broad daylight in front of the two guards, just because I'm there to trigger the event; and then still having to get evidence, despite that this is a wild-westish (my impression at least) town and there's five witnesses who heard the assassin mention Gizmo by name. Funny enough, this wasn't even the first attempt - I wonder if the past ones were as 'blatant'.

Lastly, your points only go to show how you only understand the surface aspect of the original while the deeper aspect meanings of those same quests just fly over your head or were never experienced at all

Again, like Shihon, there are no specifics here. You guys just keep saying, "well, you didn't experience it the way we did" and "you only got the surface meaning". Yet no enlightening specific content to tell me where I was led astray. Just that 'I'm wrong'.

I think you're partially right on the experience part. You guys -grew up with this game-. No matter how much I enjoyed FO1, I will never be able to experience it quite the same way you guys did - because I do not have that nostalgic component. If you didn't grow up with BG or XCOM (not sure if you did or didn't), and I got you try it - maybe you'd like it, maybe you wouldn't . But even if you loved it, you wouldn't be able to have that same experience I did growing up with it. This is just an opinion of mine - but I do think the Nostalgic factor plays a role in how we experience things differently. I'm not saying that negates every point you make - and blame everything on nostalgia - but at the same time, I think it has an effect too.

This I believe really pisses off a lot of members the most.

Why?

If I got some kid to play BG1 and he threw it back to me, after playing it, saying it was totally lame, I wouldn't be pissed. To each their own. I'd make joking jabs at him sure, but I wouldn't 'get so pissed off about it'.

Everything is about as superficial as a Michael Bay film

This made me lol, because I also hate michael bay films. Something we can agree on, at least.

No, I don't want to see Shia Lebeouff kill Megatron with a cube in move 1,

No, I don't want to see Optimis killed, then BROUGHT BACK AGAIN IN THE SAME MOVIE in two,

and 3...y'know what, nevermind. Thats a different topic.

And NO, its not about personal interpretation when the only people who defend F3 were often the same mainstream gamers who really do not give much of a rats ass about what made the originals so awesome.

It IS about personal interpretation. I can hate things about MB films all I want, for my own reasons - but truth is? They sell like a hot sandwhich. I'd frankly feel kind of arrogant to say that the VAST MAJORITY of people who like those flims 'lack ability to critically discern quality material from trash'.

when the only people who defend F3 were often the same mainstream gamers who really do not give much of a rats ass about what made the originals so awesome.

I defend F3. Does that make me a mainstream gamer? - despite that mainstream gamers...don't play games like FO1 in the first place? (much less consider it one of their fav. games). Or XCOM, BG, etc.

Sometimes I get a 'you're with us/or against us' vibe from FO1 fans in the sense that you can't like both the old games and the new ones - maybe I'm totally wrong though.

EDIT: Tried to condense this post down. I'm a very wordy writer - sorry about that.

sheesh so much writing just to defend F3.

you should really take your time and read again what people dont like about F3 when they compare it to the previous games.

Because what people argue about here isnt your love or the enjoyment you got out of F3.

What people try to tell you is that both F1 and F3 are very different games with totally different ideas behind the way how they have been done. This has nothing to do with Design A beeing supperior to Design B. No. Not really. Because every idea has a place somewhere, Bethesda is doing other mistakes, but thats something they did as well in Oblivion and now Skyrim - It has something to do with the qualities of an RPG.

Fallout 3 is the kind of game that is more set up like some amusement park. Many open world games do it like that, Grand Theft Auto for example. So its not really a problem for it self. The problem comes in that we, even if we are a only a minority, expected Fallout 3 to be yeah ... more in tradition of the "past" fallout games. And this goes much further then just the view points, if its now first person or third person or turn based or what ever.

Fallout 1 had a certain experience inside, and Fallout 3 in many ways does simply not offer that and there where you have the Fallout parts, its more Fallout light.

Does that make you a worse person or Fallout fan just because you enjoy that? Sure not. A lot of people here enjoyed Fallout tactics. But no one here would come up with the idea that Fallout tactics would be a great Sequel to Fallout 1 for example. It is not really difficult to find out what Fallout 1 was. Because this community has developer quotes actually to back that up. You should check the main page on the Fallout development history some time really.

But you, verbatim, said things I've already said. I, at some point in that wordy post, described FO3 as 'an amusement park'. Verbatim.

I guess I just don't understand where the 'disagreement' arises from.

But sure, I'll check out the other threads. Is only fair.

well to be fair you lost "us" already a long time ago when you compared the BoS starter quest from Fo1 with the stuff you do for the BoS in F3. Which really ... isnt that hard to understand you know ...

Whats there to understand?

They send me to retrieve something on an impossible quest, expecting me to die.

I come back alive. Shocker. I must be awesome.

Ok, apparently thats enough to get me inducted.

Screw my level of trustworthiness or commitment to their cause.

Stop being vague, and POINT, to where I'm wrong. If, as you say, its so easy to understand.

General note: personal attacks and double posting are against the rules.

Crni Vuk,

we don't really disagree on anything then. I said myself, that FO3 and FO1 fit into different genres. First is FPS with RPG touch ; second is traditional RPG.

And you said yourself its ok to like both genres. So really, no disagreeement.

And I'll read more about the BoS stuff in FO1; but I don't really see the immersion of it. I thought it was poorly written. But, it might come down to preference.

Edit: Not so general note. My bad for posting a Picard facepalm pic in the heat of the moment. I edited it out.

1. This is essentially a Fallout fansite KNOWN for people not liking the newer versions. There have been plenty of threads discussing the flaws of the originals already so you coming here and doing the same thing is in your words 'beating a dead horse'.

2.. I really don't give to much of a rats ass that you liked F3, in your words, live and let live. That would have been the end of it until you...

3. Its named fucking Fallout, not TES 2024. The originals were not a shooter with light RPG elements so why the fuck would we give F3 a pass for being the way it is? My earlier post explicitly talked about this. I don't give a shit if the wave of the future is first person shooters so long as folks like us get some games we like every now and then. Beth turning Fallout into some fucking monster IS bullshit.

1) Fair enough. I'm embarassed to say I was starting to wonder if FO1 fans actually acknowledged flaws in FO1 at all. Embarassed, because the evidence from mods/patches to FO1 to improve it is evident enough.

2) Fair enough. I resent being called a mainstream gamer by simple virtue that I enjoy mainstream games alongside non-mainstream ones, and thought it was being implied, as all. Live and let live, yup.

3) I finally get what you mean here. You don't like the genre shift.

Also this,

I don't give a shit if the wave of the future is first person shooters so long as folks like us get some games we like every now and then.

Have you played the newest XCOM game? Its at least 'turn based'. But its not much of an RPG.

Really in fact turn-based games, in general, are starting to (have already?) died out, which is really unfortunate.

I don't mind a FO3/FONV FPS; as long as they still make tactical turn-based FO games too ^^

Edit: Sorry for being excessively wordy in my posts. Just how I write, ugh.

The whole jib of mainstream gaming was a reference to my earlier post. If folks can call my hatred of the genre shift as close minded, I have every right to return an asinine attackas a response.

The new XCOM was VERY fun and hope more games like it show up. Most likely it would need kickstarter as all the major companies nowadays focus on the graphics.

Makes sense - I flipped when they made an XCOM FPS game (called Alliance). That was a genre shift that really upset me; so I have no room to accuse someone who hates a genre shift in FO close-minded.

And yeah - new one was great. Still partial to the old one on account of my own nostalgic bias - that and I liked how brutally unfair the first one felt. I still play it now and again.

The new XCOM was VERY fun and hope more games like it show up.
What the f...
New xcom is like Fallout 3 for fallout series, easy, utterly shit for console players.

I dont want to start any offtopic, but it's obvious that, during development of FO3 something went wrong, because of all that hate there and there, but cmon, approving another game for nowadays genre of idiots players?

Is it exactly like the originals no, but its close enough to it for me to enjoy it. A far cry from a Fallout/F3 comparison.

Now the XCOM shooters on the other hand, perfectly agree.

The only thing missing from the tactical XCOM was the ability to intercept multiple UFOs and to run mutliple missions. Alo would have liked to defend the home base at the end.

Ekans22 said:
6) Less Railroading/more personal choice. FONV (and probably FO2, haven't played it) have this as well. I get to choose what factions I support. Hell, I can even join the Raiders if I want to. I can even work with the Master Mutant and eff over humanity. I can do -what I want to do-.
Sadly, at the ending level FO2 doesn't have that choice. You are against Enclave, and there's nothing you can do about it. However, it kind of makes sense with the plot as it is written, since they've got (and are killing) your tribe. Even being a selfish badass, you were raised there and you went in a quest that might have had you killed for them. It makes sense then that you side against whoever try to kill them. In the case of the Master in FO 1, if you agree with the Master's vision you probably feel you are making your kin a favour by helping the Master. In New Vegas, you have no siding at the start, so it makes sense you choose at the end of the game, in FO 3 you have been outcasted from the vault, your only likely (obvious) siding is your dad, and you might as well hating him for leaving you in the vault and for being the cause that got you outcasted.

6) Terrible companions. Although, (go ahead and throw a can at me), I didn't frankly think the companions in FO1 were terribly interesting or memorable - NPCs that join your 'party' were a hell of a lot memorable in say, Baldur's Gate - FO3 had this issue as well. But it even felt worse - somehow, I can't describe why. I don't even REMEMBER the companions you could take in FO3 - and I've played it twice. So, they must have sucked.
I think FO 1 companions are pretty much empty. They have a little bit of background story, but not too much that I remember (I don't quite remember Katja's one, for example). In FO 2 and NV companions have far more interesting story, IMO. In 3, the only ones I remember are Fawkes (who I kind of liked, despite the whole supermutants nonsense of the game) and some ghoul I bought. I don't think he had too much of a story, he was just a slave from someone.

But it does -not-, in any way, demonstrate that I'm -trustworthy-. Or that I even give two flying doves about their cause of preserving technology. Or that I care about their ideals or even -want- to help them. It felt like a tough-guy raider club that initiates its members via natural selection; not the techno-centered isolationist group that wants to preserve technology with a cause; ie, the group it was meant to be.
About that, you could actually be just a spy for the Master. They are aware of the supermutants problem, IIRC, and they didn't stop to think that maybe you just sent supermutants (resistant to radiation) to pick up something from The Glow, and that you can be a children of the cathedral. They should be making sure of your intentions, not only of your resourcefulness.

Is it exactly like the originals no, but its close enough to it for me to enjoy it.
But when some fan of FO3 (and FO1 too) would say something like this about Fallouts, I'm sure you will disagree with him.

Sadly, at the ending level FO2 doesn't have that choice. You are against Enclave, and there's nothing you can do about it. However, it kind of makes sense with the plot as it is written, since they've got (and are killing) your tribe. Even being a selfish badass, you were raised there and you went in a quest that might have had you killed for them. It makes sense then that you side against whoever try to kill them. In the case of the Master in FO 1, if you agree with the Master's vision you probably feel you are making your kin a favour by helping the Master. In New Vegas, you have no siding at the start, so it makes sense you choose at the end of the game, in FO 3 you have been outcasted from the vault, your only likely (obvious) siding is your dad, and you might as well hating him for leaving you in the vault and for being the cause that got you outcasted.
He wasn't saying only about end choices...
Duh, you even played Fallout 2?
Because you actually HAVE choices. Vault City or Gecko? Vault City or NCR? Specific family in New Reno? And so on... Not even mentioning thousands of ways for completing specific quests. not like in FO3 "Go there, kill that, bleh bleh".

Oh boy,

If they call me close minded for not like a genre shift which includes the massive dumbing down of a game combined with a focus on GRAFFIKS, yes I will rip on them.

Those fans who simply enjoy F3, I have no problem with. Just like I personally don't like Tactics but have no problems with folks that do.

Back