WTF is wrong with Wasteland 2 price tag? [Warning: Rage and hate]

If there is an experience in this for me that is on par with how I felt when I played Fallout 1 or 2, then I refuse to argue price. Okay, that's easy for me to say because I am a backer, but still. I'd pay this and even more for frickin' Fallout 1 or 2 any day, knowing the promise of what's in it for me.

If there is an experience in this for me that is on par with how I felt when I played Fallout 1 or 2, then I refuse to argue price. Okay, that's easy for me to say because I am a backer, but still. I'd pay this and even more for frickin' Fallout 1 or 2 any day, knowing the promise of what's in it for me.

It would be so great if we could forget everything about a game, so that we could go back and play it again for the first time. Wasteland specifically.

I'm glad I played them the first time just a few years ago. I don't know if I would've been able to enjoy them (1 and 2) that much when I was a kid. I'd probably have liked them, anyway, but it's a more complete experience to play it as an adult, and being the first time just adds this surprise element that makes it greater. IIRC, my first play through of Fallout 1 was last year. Fallout 2 was in 2010 or 2011, IIRC. I should check when did I join NMA, it was a few months before that.

The culture under developers to let people pay high prices for Beta tests is wrong in my opinion. If it is an early release then say it and treat it like this.
But if you want work from people then give something back and don't let them pay. Beta testers aren't and shouldn't be customers.

The assumption that it has to be cheap because it is made with a specific engine or comes from a small studio is also nonsense too. It's about the game not about the engine or studio which should define the price.

This are all things that are going terrible wrong with game development and selling atm.

It's not just beta test.
they give other rewards that promised to 55$ tier kickstarter or hompage pledger.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/716786
We’ve heard from a lot of our current lower tier backers who still want to jump into the beta, as it was not a part of every tier during the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter or for late backers. We offered a Wasteland 2 beta add-on in our store but closed it as the beta launched, and eligible backers have been able to play this beta for a month now. However, we want to give our existing backers one last chance to jump into the beta, so AROUND THE END OF THIS MONTH we’re going to offer a limited-time add-on option only through the Ranger Center backer store; for $10 you will be able to add-on beta access to your existing pledge, getting your Steam beta key as soon as the add-on is registered by us. Please note this add-on will only provide access to the Wasteland 2 beta, it will not include the digital extras of the earlier add-on or the $60 Steam Early Access version. This deal will also be available for Torment: Tides of Numenera backers who are due Wasteland 2 from their tier, when it launches and if you have Wasteland 2 in your tier you'll be able to get it through Torment's pledge management system. We will let you know exactly when it’s up.

It's funny, because in the steam forums there are backers who are *very* upset because they don't think anyone else should be let into the beta for the same price they paid, or at all. Because, you know, exclusivity or something. And on the other hand you have non-backers who are upset because, you know, they set the price that high so it would not offend backers.

You can't please everyone. But some days, you can't please anyone.

Except me. I'm quite happy.

I only hope I can afford release price. I won't be offended or anything if I can't, but I'd really like to be able to buy this game.

I only hope I can afford release price. I won't be offended or anything if I can't, but I'd really like to be able to buy this game.

I don't think it'll be more than 20-25 bucks. Or euros, if you're from EU and on Steam. Or pounds, if from UK.

I hate Steam currency "solution".

I don't think it'll be more than 20-25 bucks. Or euros, if you're from EU and on Steam. Or pounds, if from UK.

I'm from Argentina, so my guess is it will be U$S. When is the official release? I know I can't afford it until next half of year, whatever it costs, as my job is periodic and it is on that timeframe. I can still buy it later, which will probably be the case as I will not have much time for gaming on that time, and I already have more than ten games to finish now (I bought a pack of D&D games on the GOG sale, and I have some freeware ones too).

I'm from Argentina, so my guess is it will be U$S. When is the official release? I know I can't afford it until next half of year, whatever it costs, as my job is periodic and it is on that timeframe. I can still buy it later, which will probably be the case as I will not have much time for gaming on that time, and I already have more than ten games to finish now (I bought a pack of D&D games on the GOG sale, and I have some freeware ones too).

Dunno about the release date.

If I were you (and I am in a very similar situation, even having the same D&D bundle not finished yet), I'd wait for a big Steam Sale, like Summer/Winter sale.
You can get it dirt cheap then.

Or it buy it off GoG, like I'll do. They'll release it there too, as far as I know.

I'll probably wait for a sale on Steam or a lottery win - whichever comes first. About the beta price on Steam - I for one would be very upset if I had paid for the Kickstarter tier that gave me beta access and then have it "on sale" a few months later for less than what I gave initially. Loyalty goes a ways.

There's also the fact than when they crowdfunded Wasteland - the early access and alfa-beta-boom hadn't quite picked up yet. Games like Starbound etc prove that you can have something barely playable out and sell millions of copies of it...

Back