Zegh's Dinosaur Thread

I mean I've seen a horse eat a bird because why not, I'm sure a giant bird lizard thingy wouldn't have a problem doing the same thing.

Last edited:
I mean if I've seen a horse eat a bird because why not, I'm sure a giant bird lizard thingy wouldn't have a problem doing the same thing.

Definitely, but that's often a matter of nutrient supplementation, where herbivores get a strange urge to chomp down on any easily available meat-foods, usually a helpless birdling or something like that

It is known that large Sauropods, for example, did not really care to discern *what* they ingested, when literally raking all green off entire branches in single swipes, and vomit-fossils include remains of small animals swallowed whole, and then later ejected.

It is known that large Sauropods, for example, did not really care to discern *what* they ingested, when literally raking all green off entire branches in single swipes, and vomit-fossils include remains of small animals swallowed whole, and then later ejected.
Listen up, I'm gonna nom these branches and if you get eaten it is your own fault.
NegativeDefiantJay-max-1mb.gif

Lol, I like how it even looks like the neck properly contracts as it lifts :D

Whenever brainstorming what I'd get, if I had to, I think I'd just do the "famous" Archaeopteryx single feather:
dinosaurfeat.jpg
It has been tested for coloring, and was likely black. This is a flight feather, so it might have been a black bird, like a raven - or maybe coastal coloring, since Germany was an archipelago at the time - with stark white body, and sharp black wings.

cwo1ofz18vc51.jpg

On my last crocodile so I decided to go with a weird one.

california-alligator-park-photographs-20.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
cwo1ofz18vc51.jpg

On my last crocodile so I decided to go with a weird one.

california-alligator-park-photographs-20.webp

Yeah, those are pseudosuchians, not dinosaurs.

One subset, the notosuchians, are quite the interesting critters. Many of them went on to independently evolve mammal-like traits such as differentiated teeth. Don't you just love convergent evolution?

Thanks to your video I just found out that there's a channel that has some "what did *insert dinosaur name* really sound like?" videos.

D:
I don't dare click - just know that Parasaurolophus is *the only* dinosaur who's sound is surmised - solely because it is NOT a vocal sound, instead a pressure pipe thing from the hollow crest

D:
I don't dare click - just know that Parasaurolophus is *the only* dinosaur who's sound is surmised - solely because it is NOT a vocal sound, instead a pressure pipe thing from the hollow crest
From what I watched, most of the video is a lot of information about the specific dinosaur and the fossils found, and then they use what we know of its physiology and animals alive today to make an estimate.

It seemed reasonable enough to me and it also seemed like they do put a lot of work and research into what it would sound like. But I am not an expert so I have no idea if it's actually realistic or not.

But at least the 3/4 (or more) of the video does indeed contain real information and lots of stuff about the dinosaur, so it is informative for people who are not knowledgeable about the dinosaurs.

Here's a good dinosaur- Godzillasarus, it's suspected its diet mainly consists of deep sea fish according to Odo Island residents and measures in at 15m tall. Ah really hope no unfortunate nuclear tests happen

Back