10 best games.

Ok, the 10 games that I like the most, with an explanation. And this is in no particular order. Many of them I still play form time to time :oops: .

1. PS:T, Absolutely top of all RPG, or what the soft-ware industry calls RPG, I ever played. I still get shivers when I play Ravels Maze, and when I meet Deionarra in the fortress of regrets.

2. Deja-vu, An old, old game. Really like a text adventure with illustrations, played it a lot on an old Mac2 (without hard disk). The mac was bought for helping out at university. Most expensive typewriter/game player I ever bought.

3. Duel, First computer game I ever played at a PC, at the time you had to tweak your autoexec and config.sys to get more primary memory, fun times indeed. It's a car racing game, by the way.

4. Fallout, The original and, for me, the best in the fallout series.

5. Fallout 2, To many lame references (Monthy python anyone?). But still one of the best games ever. It seems like the designers did not speak together. Compare Klamath to New Reno? It was like these areas were picked from two different games.

6. Arcanum, Sometimes confusing but some really good moments in that game

7. Baldurs gate 1, When it was released, I loved it. 'nuff said.

8. Baldur's gate 2, I loved this game, but I really don't know why? With the expansion you could play for weeks, and all you did was doing the same stuff over and over again, specially when it came to combat. So why did I love it? I honestly do not know, but I still play it now and then.

9. Civ 2, I liked CIV1 and loved civ2, I sometimes started to play in the afternoon/evening at work and "one more turn" later I found that it was morning and I had to start work in 30 minutes. Kind of made travel to work easy :)

10. Alpha Centauri, Very good TBS. High learning curve though, and can be very frustrating and tedious at the end.

snow666 said:
:P I'm happy to comply if you tell me what it is, besides a RTS, so I can die happy :D
Um... you are serious with the question, right?

TBS, Turn Based Strategy. You know: you have all the time you want to micro-manage your cities, move your units (until they run out of moves), and all that before ending your turn and letting your opponents do the same. Like chess or checkers (my turn, your turn, my turn, and so on).

An RTS on the other hand is Real-Time Strategy. Games like Warcraft or Command & Conquer. Where everything is moving at the same time (like tag).

Ratty and Kotario, I am a stupid idiot that writes faster than I think. Of course it is turn based. I have changed my original post. I don't know why I wrote as I did, but see my first sentence for a possible explanation!

By the way, I do not even like RTS very much.

I guess I can die happy now...

snow666 said:
I wouldn't be so sure. That sounded like a Freudian slip. Maybe you subconsciously love them. Or maybe you were sexually molested by an RTS back when you were a kid. You might want to see a psychiatrist about that just to be sure.

Ratty said:
snow666 said:
I wouldn't be so sure. That sounded like a Freudian slip. Maybe you subconsciously love them. Or maybe you were sexually molested by an RTS back when you were a kid. You might want to see a psychiatrist about that just to be sure.

:rofl: ,
The Vault Dweller

I am just happy that I didn't do the same mistake in the Fallout 3 thread, then we could talk about molested.. :D

Ratty wrote:

I think you might be on to something there. I always felt weird when playing command and conquer. Now I know why, thanks a lot Dr Ratty.

1) Myth the Fallen Lords
Excellent game, very challenge and fun for new users.

2) Fallout 1

3) Fallout 2

4) Warcraft 3
The map making capacity is large and hence you never can get bored!

5) Diablo 2
Although hacking things may get repetitive the optical challenge scenario present here goes beyond belief!

6) Unreal Tournament (original/2004)
Best FPS

7) Red Alert 2
The tracking is sublime

8) Neverwinter Nights
Excellence ideas and variation in game design of the traditional mean, however lacks decent multiplayer equivalents

9) Age of Empires
Via tactically this is excellent

10) Zoocube
Excellent game for Gamecube

After much careful consideration and deliberation i discovered that listing the truly 10 best games isn't so easy as it looks.

1. Fallout2 (still playing it...mere words cannot describe the fun i had in it)
2. Planescape Torment (which was too SHORT!!!) (still playing it...again)
3. Baldurs Gate 2 (still playing it)
4. Fallout 1 ( still didn't finish it )
5. Chronicles of Riddick (short!!)
6. Homeworld 2/1 (too short!!!)
7. Quake 2 (first FPS)
8. Morrowind ( didn't finish it but for very different reasons than Fallout)
9. Bloodrayne ( fun !) (too short and undeveloped)
10. Call of Duty/ United Offensive

1: Harvest Moon 64
2: Fallout 1
3: Silent Hill 2
4: Wild 9
5: Yoshis Island
6: Fallout 2
7: GTA3
8: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
9: Super BomberMan
10: Mortal Combat 3

No particular order....

1)Shadowrun-Never beat the damn thing.Got stuck at the jester.SNES by the way.

2)Warcraft 2-My first RTS.Ahhh...fond memories with that one.

3)Duke Nukem 3D-I loved the pop-culture references and the quips that Duke is so famous for.

4)Doom series-rocked my friggin head off.

5)Earthbound)-The best RPG I have ever played.Great story,fun characters,and plenty of shit to do.

6)Fallout2-I liked 2 better than 1 for some reason.Maybe due to the fact that I played 2 first and it has more sentimental value.

7)Legend Of Zelda:Link To The Past-My first game that I HAD to have.I remember my mom bought it for Christmas,but she played it a few weeks before she gave it to me.I walked in on her getting killed-When it shows link spinning and then he falls-I didn't recognize the game because I only got a glimpse before she shut it off and dragged me out of the room.I was like "Was that Yoshi?"
Hell it looked like Yoshi to me!

8)Resident Evil 2-This game scared the hell out of me.

9)Maximum Carnage-holds a special place in my heart.

10)MarioPaint-amazing at the time...now...not so much.

Some very nice ones here, these are my favorite, and I think they all had a significant role in shaping my personality, if you haven't played one of these, please do.

1. Fallout
2. Fallout 2
3. Syndicate
4. Dungeon Keeper
5. Day of the Tentacle
6. Sam & Max
7. Total annihilation
8. Jagged Alliance 2
9. Civilization II
10. Monkey Island

Favourites:

Anachronox - Try it, you never know.
Balders gate I II + throne of bhaal
Disciples II : the dark prophecy
Fallout I II and tactics
Halflife I and II
Neverwinter Nights + both expansions
Planescape Torment
System Shock II
Tachyon - the fringe
Thief I II III

Just for Kicks:

Abes exodus
Broken sword I II III
C&c - red alert II + Yuri's revenge
Call of Cthulhu : dark corners of the earth
Deus Ex I
Gothic II
Grim fandango
Icewind Dale I and II
Indiana Jones and the fate of atlantis
Max payne I
Noone lives forever II
Outcast
Painkiller
Syberia I and II
The chronicles of riddick
The dig
The longest journey
The moment of silence

I'll be darned to make the effort of trying to decide between ten best games. But the best game to my opinion is Silent Storm.

ADV, I see that with a few exceptions, all sequels to a game make it on your list.

I will only stop on Broken Sword 3 and Syberia 2 which are both complete and absolute crap.

1. Fallout 2
2. Fallout
3. Planescape Torment
4. Arcanum
5. Red Alert 1
6. Quake 1
7. Delta Force Landwarrior
8. Civilisation 2
9. Medal of Honour
10. Commandos 1

best games

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Nights into Dreams
3. Fallout series
4. Phantasy Star series
5. Exile

i'm pretty much indifferent to other games... Warcrack is OK I guess, i just cant get addicted to it though

1. The Fallout Series
2. The Legend of Zelda Series
3. World of Warcraft
4. Animal Crossing
5. Resident Evil 4
6. Katamari Damacy Series
7. Silent Hill 1
8. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
9. Final Fantasy Series
10. Grand Theft Auto Series

ADV said:
Favourites:

Anachronox - Try it, you never know.
Disciples II : the dark prophecy

Thumbs up... Anachronox is easily the funniest game i've ever played and is a great go. Disciples 2 is beautiful, the artwork is probably the best you'll see in any game.

Good choices.

Back