10 best games.

Can't place them in order.

-Fallout 1&2
-Fallout New Vegas
-Deus Ex (and Human Revolution. Just because)
-Mass Effect, if I'd have to choose one the third game, despite the shit ending.
-Dragon Age: Origins (yes yes Bioware fanboy moving on)
-Company of Heroes (Relic are just great, but this is a masterpiece of a RTS, can't wait for the sequel).
-Civilization (the fourth game in particular, but the fifth is good too)
-Medieval II: Total War (the series has stayed high-quality since then, but nothing quite tops having waves of Russians stopping the Mongol hordes at Jerusalem or carving a path through Europe as a completely insane English king)
-Team Fortress II (best online shooter in the history of ever. I bought it in the Orange Box in 2007 and I still play it).
-Fire Emblem series, the one released as simply ''Fire Emblem'' for the GBA being the best available in North America, albeit Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are great too.

Honorable mentions: Super Smash Bros, for all the multiplayer insanity with friends, most Blizzard games but especially Diablo II and Starcraft I and II, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate II, the Dawn of War series and Morrowind.

Zoo Tycoon
Age of Mythology
Impossible Creatures (look it up, it's an epic RTS where you make your own units with a decent mixandmatch system. I have the best memories of it as a kid.)
Bioshock
Morrowind
New Vegas
TF2
Civ IV
Tetris

Was Bioshock really that good? I mean from what ive seen and read the story and setting seem awesome but the gameplay looked like another bland fps.

Fallout2
Baldurs gate
age of empires 2
Aliens vs predator 1&2
Rune
Neverwinter Nights
Dungeon siege (multiplayer is kickass)
FOT:BOS
Fonline
Warhammer Mark of chaos AND the 40k franchise (last but not least)

1. fallout
2. fallout 2
3. deus ex
4. arcanum
5. baldur's gate
6. baldur's gate 2
7. fallout tactics
8. fallout NV
9. s.t.a.l.k.e.r soc
10. s.t.a.l.k.e.r cop
11. s.t.a.l.k.e.r cs

console:
1. nhl 12
2. nhl 11
3. nhl 10
4. nhl 09
5. nhl 08
6. nhl 07
7. gears of war
only console games worth playing, and gears isn't even that good

HM: Fallout 3 for being a pile of shit i still sank 110 hours into on my first and only playtrough.

Ironically those are the only games i own since 99% of games suck dick.

Top 10:
Fallout 2
Metal Slug (All the same, all the fun)
Fallout
Marvel Vs. Capcom
Marvel Super Heroes (The arcade fighter)
Mass Effect (All games are required to truly LOVE it)
GTA
Resident Evil Remake
RE: Code Veronica
House of the dead

1. Richard Burns Rally
2. Fallout 1&2
3. Metal Gear Solid (all of them)
4. Baldurs Gate 2
5. Resident Evil (all of them)
6. Hitman (all of them)
7. Interstate '76
8. Medieval 2 Total War
9. EA F1 99-02
10. Silent Hunter 4

Here's mine, not in order because I don't pick favorites:-

- Zandronum (Doom 1-2 based games multiplayer)
- Insurgency (source engine mod)
- Fallout 3
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Diablo II (Play it Co-op with Game-ranger)
- Black Mesa (Can't wait till multiplayer comes out and Xen)
- Urban Terror
- AssaultCube
- Duke Nukem: Forever (I don't understand the hate it has gotten)
- Dreamfall: The longest journey.

There would be more if this was TOP 20.

Mass Effect? Only the first could stand on it's own.

Here's a top 15 I made some time ago.

• 1 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
    2 Half Life 2
    3 The Stanley Parable
    4 Fallout: New Vegas
    5 The Witcher
    6 Fallout
    7 Portal
    8 Diablo II
    9 Bioshock
    10 Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    11 Mass Effect
    12 Assassin's Creed
    13 Half-Life
    14 Dungeon keeper
    15 Call of Duty: Black Ops

And I'm constantly updating it.

My list, starting with my most favorite (As painful as it is, I love all these games)
1. Silent Hill 2
2. Grand Theft Auto 4
3. Resident Evil REmake
4. Fallout: New Vegas
5. Metal Gear Solid 3
6. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
7. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
8. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
9. Conker's Bad Fur Day
10. Max Payne 2

Formerk said:
Why max payne 2? I enjoyed the first one to bits but never could get into the sequel.

I just felt it was a lot more moody and dark than its predecessor (I mean hell, its constantly raining). Kind of reminded me of that movie True Romance. To be fair, I should have put Max Payne 1 and 2 side by side on my list. Though I will admit, the first game had a much more kick ass main theme

Two felt more like a movie. One was like "I'm max payne and this is my story" while 2 was like "I'm max payne and strap in for a wild ride". The cutscenes should enhance the game, not make it. Some people prefer that sort of thing but I'd rather feel like I'm the character, not watching the character. The first game did that very well.

Though I didn't play very much of it. The opening thirty minutes felt too much like an example of how awesome the new bullet time and engine features are and I couldn't get into it at all.

I liked the story in one, but two played better. It took what was awesome about the original and turned it up to eleven. You might want to try playing it again farmerk. Well, it has aged a bit I suppose...

TorontRayne said:
I liked the story in one, but two played better. It took what was awesome about the original and turned it up to eleven. You might want to try playing it again farmerk. Well, it has aged a bit I suppose...

I think two played better as well, the controls and camera in the first game felt quite clunky. On a different topic, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (which is on my list) had a horrible camera system. For some reason the camera wasn't that much of a problem in the first two games. I couldn't tell you the countless number of times a soldier spotted me in the jungle because he was just a little bit out of my view and I didn't notice him quick enough to go prone... Maybe it was because in Snake Eater, more of the soldiers are next to each other and killing one of them would alert the other guards, I had to actually sneak past them to progress. Plus, I had no radar to tell me where they were (unlike the first two).

I guess I should have bought Subsistence...

TorontRayne said:
I liked the story in one, but two played better. It took what was awesome about the original and turned it up to eleven.
Exactly. It felt like it was trying to emulate the mechanics of the first game while experimenting with a new type of storytelling. It was confusing and didn't do anything that hooked me in at all. And the use of the renderware engine at a time when every other game was using it made it feel even more non-unique. Then again this was the ps2 version and I was 15 and fresh out of a two week long MP1 bender...

BFox17 said:
On a different topic, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (which is on my list) had a horrible camera system. For some reason the camera wasn't that much of a problem in the first two games. I couldn't tell you the countless number of times a soldier spotted me in the jungle because he was just a little bit out of my view and I didn't notice him quick enough to go prone...

I guess I should have bought Subsistence...
Ya subsistence had the old-style camera and it made the game so much better

In no particular order (aaand more than 10)

Fallout 1, 2 & Tactics
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 & 5
Resident Evil 2 & 4
Starcraft 1 & 2
Half Life (All)
Blood
Fatal Labyrinth
Halo (Multiplayer)
Silent Hill 2
Minecraft

Back