10 best games.

Damn, it's harder then I thought... a top 20 would've been easier. So, in alphabetical order (also limiting myself to one game per franchise):

BioShock Infinite
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fallout: New Vegas
Grand Theft Auto V
Mass Effect 2
Planescape: Torment
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Tales from the Borderlands
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines

Hmm...
1. Fallout: New Vegas
2. Deus Ex
3.Planescape
4.Shadowrun (Sega SNES tie)
5. Fallout
6. Fallout 2
7. Tactics Ogre
8. Xcom, EW, and 2. Love em all
9. Lunar Silver Star
10. Mount and Blade

Feel wrong for leaving out some awesome games...just trying to put up what I think I may have put the most time in.

Fuck I forgot about Shining Force!

I won't number it cause I can't decide on what I like more over the other. I like them all for different reasons, I'm also going to use just one game per franchise:

• Fallout 2
After 17 years I'm still booting up Fallout 2 and enjoying it just as much as I would back in the day. It is a game that is truly timeless for me. Sure some thing could have been improved as it is not without its flaws but it is simply the best roleplaying experience I've 'ever' had.

• Hotline Miami 2
Take the psychadelic haze of mass murder with an 80's art scheme and inspired music and then add a great minimalistic storyline and you get Hotline Miami 2. The level editor they got a beta out for means you'll be able to squeeze even more enjoyment out of the game.

• Deus Ex
What can I say about it? It's old, it's ugly, but god damn if it isn't charming. Open levels that allow for a lot of different approaches, different augmentations that can dramatically alter how you play the game. RPG elements up the ass. Great storyline, great characters, great writing. I love it.

• The Walking Dead [Season 1]
It's more of an interactive tv-show than a game to be honest. But whatever, the story, characters, twists and turns are all amazing and the ending forced my eyes to act all strange, some sort of salty liquid that slid down my cheek...

• Underrail
Only thing close to a spiritual successor of Fallout.

• Chrono Trigger
An amazing SNES jRPG about time-travel.

• Wasteland 2
Good turn-based combat. Choice and consequence. Post-apocalyptic setting. Three things I really enjoy wrapped up in a neat package.

• The Sims 3
Guilty pleasure, I dunno what it is about The Sims but I just enjoyed vicariously living through pixels.

• Metal Dead
A point and click adventure game set in a zombie setting. Lots of humor and references. I love it.

• Mark Of The Ninja
Good side-viewed stealth game, pretty much the only stealth-focused game I've enjoyed to this kind of extent.

10. Super Cyborg
Inferior counterpart: Contra 3/Hard Corps/Shattered Soldier; vast majority of 8/16-bit styled indie games.
9. Shadowrun (Sega Genesis)
Inferior counterpart: modern Shadowrun games, Sega Genesis JRPGs, Beyond Oasis
8. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Inferior counterpart: modern TES, Dragon Age series
7. System Shock (original)
Inferior counterpart: System Shock 2, Bioshock, Ultima Underworld
6. Deus Ex
Inferior counterpart: Metal Gear Solid nonsense series
5. Fallout: New Vegas
Inferior counterpart: Fallout 4... ....
4. Ultima 7 Black Gate+Serpent Isle
Inferior counterpart: brainless 'GoldBox engine RPGs'
3. I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Inferior counterpart: other Sci-Fi adaptations
2. Harvester
Inferior counterparts: Manhunt, Phantasmogoria
1. Vampire: The Masqurade - Bloodlines
Inferior counterpart: Half Life 2, VTM:Redemption

1. Age of Decadence
1. Fallout
1. Sacrifice
4. Arcanum
5. Vampire The Masquarade: Bloodlines
6. Starcraft
7. Desperados
8. Aliens vs Predator
9. Disciples 2
10. Giants: Citizen Kabuto

First three games deserve #1 spot hence there is no #2 and #3.

Dunno about "best" games, but these are ones that have stood the test of time and where I seem to return most often.

Fallout/Fallout 2
PS:T
VtMB
Arcanum
Civ 4
Dungeon Keeper
Deus Ex
Hitman Bloodmoney

Last edited:
  • Myth 2
  • Homeworld:Cataclysm
  • Ground Control
  • DOOM
  • The Witcher
  • Portal
  • Populous 3
  • Dungeonkeeper
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Prince of Persia:Sands of Time

Probably forgotten a few

Alpha Centauri
Fallout
Half-life
Planescape
Arcanum
Civilization
System shock
Original X-com
Master of magic
Master of Orion 2

Wow I feel old

Mostly my preference, a mix between hours invested and the quality of them:
  • Fallout New Vegas, 1 and 2
  • Dark Souls 1 > 2 (the rest i have yet to finish or the DLC haven't come out yet)
  • Risk Of Rain
  • Dragon Quest IX
  • SOMA
  • Chrono Trigger
  • The Long Dark
  • Pokémon White > Platinum
  • Stellaris if they fix it
  • Minecrfat ONLY in community servers with plugins
  • Tales From The Borderlands and Borderlands... in paper

Last edited by a moderator:
In no particular order:
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Bloodborne
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
  • Caves of Qud
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
  • Planescape: Torment
  • Serpent in the Staglands
  • Wizardry 8
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
  • Primordia

Accept that some people have different opinions Arnust. Just because I like intelligent games, doesn't mean we can't get along. baitbaitbait
:lol: It could have worked if Angry Birds Rio wasn't there
And Bioshock Infinite last? But it had SUCH a good combat and story!

In a more serious tone, it'd be perfectly fine if those were actually your Top ten.
But then you shouldn't be really allowed to talk about the franchises those belong to as a whole and ridicule the janky older games being X much better.

This is why here on NMA we are exiled from fanbases and called fags (or jerks. or haters. or nostalgic fuckers or)

Last edited by a moderator:
And Bioshock Infinite last? But it had SUCH a good combat and story!
Say what you will but I had fun playing Infinite at least. As someone that didn't follow the development of it, I was completely oblivious to the downgrades.

holy shit I'm starting to understand CT Phippy

Say what you will but I had fun playing Infinite at least. As someone that didn't follow the development of it, I was completely oblivious to the downgrades.

holy shit I'm starting to understand CT Phippy
I only liked the Half Life 2 part of it, the setup before starting to kill people. Becouse then it never stops. Also, skyhook. That's mostly it for me.
I neither knew anything of it, except that it was supposedly great.
Some aspects and moments of the story were cool (Lutece bros and Comstock's truth) but it pulled a M. Night Shamalan to make people feel smart and at the end was pretty idiotic.

Back