17 days to go

O Hyperborean Wanderer

Many Other Functions
So I doubt the hype train stopped here at NMA, you guys are infamous for your shitty attitude towards Bethesda's take on Fallout and the people who really like their games. That's ok though. I'm here to stoke the hypefire. Now, I've been playing since Fallout 1. I loved the first few games, yes even tactics. We won't bring up that piece of shit PS2 thing with the name Fallout on it. I'm also a fan of the Elder Scrolls, so when I first heard Fallout was being taken over by them, I thought like everyone else. Oblivion with guns. It was pretty much like that, but it was also a piece of Fallout. It was a merging of two worlds, and it grew on me fast. New Vegas was the better of the two obviously. Now we're back to Bethesda for Fallout 4. I'm not worried at all. It's obvious a lot of care, time, effort, and love went into Fallout 4. The people who made it are Fallout fans. I mean do you guys really want to stay in the past of isometric CRPG's? Not saying there's anything wrong with isometric RPGs.

Anyway, 17 mothersquanchin days, squanchfaces!

You're wasting your time. If you think that people hate on Bethesda Fallouts because they're not isometric, then you're mistaken. The problem with Bethesda fallout is shit writing, story-building, characters and world. But there's no point in explaining it, as it's a horse beaten to death a thousand times over.

You're wasting your time. If you think that people hate on Bethesda Fallouts because they're not isometric, then you're mistaken. The problem with Bethesda fallout is shit writing, story-building, characters and world. But there's no point in explaining it, as it's a horse beaten to death a thousand times over.

No hey, I get it. Yeah the story and shit is probably the weakest link on the Bethesda games. They're trying to address that with Fallout 4. Their games have ALWAYS been greater than the sum of their parts. Pessimistic, shitty attitudes not withstanding.

It's sort of like someone absolutely shitting on Fallout 1 and 2 because they're not open world games. :)

How exactly do you know they're addressing it in Fallout 4? Todd Howard's word? I'm sorry, but all he's good at is "telling you lies, telling you sweet little lies".
So far we know next to nothing about F4 writing, except for what we do, and what we do know is already crap.

You know, when a game is trying to pose as an RPG, good writing is a must. F1&2were not advertised as "open world" so don't blame them for not being open world.

How exactly do you know they're addressing it in Fallout 4? Todd Howard's word? I'm sorry, but all he's good at is "telling you lies, telling you sweet little lies".
So far we know next to nothing about F4 writing, except for what we do, and what we do know is already crap.

You know, when a game is trying to pose as an RPG, good writing is a must. F1&2were not advertised as "open world" so don't blame them for not being open world.

I didn't blame them for not being open world, you missed my point. I'm not a pessimist. I loved Fallout 1 and 2 and I love Bethesda's Fallout games. How exactly does Godd, I mean Todd Howard tell sweet little lies? Have you not seen the small Piper clip? She certainly seems above and beyond anything from previous Bethesda titles, and if the rest of the cast is anything like that, the game will soar.

Good thing I'm an optimist or your bitter, resentful, pessimistic view would bring me down. :)

I won't lie here. The Piper dialogue we saw was bad. "And we're the hard look at the truth!" It may be just a single line of dialogue, but it feels hackneyed. For comparison, I'm trying to think of any dialogue in FONV that was as forced as this one, and I can't.

I didn't blame them for not being open world, you missed my point. I'm not a pessimist. I loved Fallout 1 and 2 and I love Bethesda's Fallout games. How exactly does Godd, I mean Todd Howard tell sweet little lies? Have you not seen the small Piper clip? She certainly seems above and beyond anything from previous Bethesda titles, and if the rest of the cast is anything like that, the game will soar.

Good thing I'm an optimist or your bitter, resentful, pessimistic view would bring me down. :)
If I missed it, then what was your point? Please, do clarify.
Do you really want me to enumerate Todd's lies over the years? We can start with the most obvious ones like 200 endings and radiant AI.
That Piper clip? You mean the one that showcases how horrible the dialogue is and how unnatural the characters look? Yes, it is better than Fallout 3, but that's only because the bar is set so low.

When the vast majority like something, and the vocal minority don't, that's usually a sign that the vocal minority are wrong. :)

You probably have a stiffy over Project V13.

When the vast majority like something, and the vocal minority don't, that's usually a sign that the vocal minority are wrong. :)

You probably have a stiffy over Project V13.

By that reasoning, when the vast majority of southerners were once in favor of slavery, the minority were wrong.

The vast majority of wealthy slave owners in the south you mean. Your analogy is bad, and you should feel bad.

The vast majority of catholics in my country say that gays should go to hell and should have no equal rights. Are they right?
What you use here is a logical fallacy at its finest.

But going your way, actually, a vast majority of Fallout fans say, that Fallout 3 is complete crap. When we take Fallout 1&2 fans into consideration.(The actual, already existing fanbase) Because people, who jumped on the bandwagon together with F3 don't count. So your own faulty argument works against you.

It's sort of like someone absolutely shitting on Fallout 1 and 2 because they're not open world games. :)

1. Fallout Classics were open world games, they just weren't seamless
2. The whole point of Fallout was to explore the consequences and moral dilemmas of a post-nuclear wasteland, not to be a seamless open world game.
3. Bethesda's writing was shit before, why should we believe that an inferior dialogue system and having to spend MORE money on voice actors will automatically fix their writing?
4. We've actually seen quite a bit of Fallout 4's writing in action. You're a mutt, do you support the news?

How exactly does Godd, I mean Todd Howard tell sweet little lies?
Does the word Radiant AI mean anything to you?

Have you not seen the small Piper clip? She certainly seems above and beyond anything from previous Bethesda titles, and if the rest of the cast is anything like that, the game will soar.
I FUCKING HATE NEWSPAPERS!!!
kharn_the_betrayer_by_slaine69.jpg

Last edited:
* old crazy Hermit voice * "Before you cross the bridge of death and face the beast NMA you must answer these question three... "

I think we should open a sub forum for Bethesda forum initiates who come here to confess their love for Bethesda's Fallout and must confront the NMA members, telling them how stupid and ignorant they are according to the initiation rites of the Bethesda Fallout fandom.

That way they don't fill up other sub forums with their repetitive posts that are basically the same claims just written in a different way over and over again.

Back