50 Minutes of 76

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
He also tried to get a group of people together to play 76 at Unwashed Villagers.

I'm not a huge hater of the Bethesda Fallout games... but this looks like dogshit.

I wasn't even expecting it to be that good, but this somehow seems worse than I was imagining. So clunky, notifications everywhere, no npcs... This is awful.

I love Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 but this does look like dogshit, indeed.

Guys, this is a spin off, not Fallout. Remember Tactics? FO: BOS?

Well at least Tactics was sort of reminiscent of FO look and feel, even if it was a completely different game (not an RPG). Then things went to hell.

I see a dark future ahead. I enjoyed Tactics for what it was, while waiting for a Fallout 3 that never came (Bethesda's doesnt count, too late, too different). I'll try to enjoy this one as much as a Fallout themed MMO, not thinking for a second it is Fallout 5. And I'll do so because I know the next spin off is going to be REAL shit and there will probably not be a Fallout 5, at least for 10 years and then who knows what they'll do witht the franchise yet.

I also think that at 60$ this thing is overpriced, for anyone, so I would wait for a sale or something if I you are sort of interested. And for most people here I wouldn't recomend it at all.

Wish someone did something with the actual SPECIAL system from FO1/2 that was changed beyond recognition in FO3, and in all honesty was useless for a shooter anyway, and completely absent in F4. That would be something fun to see.

If you want a post apocalyptic game where moral choices are important and is not a commercial microtransactions nightmare, then wait for Wasteland 3, that's what I'm doing.

If you liked F4 and want more of the same in a single player FPS RPG, then hope for Fallout 5. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

I have a feeling he means even worse.
There's no hope for the future of Fallout outside of this AAA environment where it follows trends and streamlines every bit of it. Bethesda will likely be holding the Fallout IP for our lifetimes, especially as it can bring them to new financial heights. If the IP doesn't, who's going to be able to afford the IP? Other big companies like Ubisoft, EA, Blizzard-Activision, etc. Not anyone that will deliver a Fallout game we're looking for, that's for sure.
If you want a good RPG in the modern day, look to smaller studios, look to kickstarters, etc. I'm paying attention to Cyberpunk 2077 and though it's touted to be a RPG, I really doubt it. The game might be a fun open world action game but that's it. I got UnderRail on GOG on sale not too long ago, so I'm excited for that. I hope Wasteland 3 can deliver on a higher level than 2. There was some things off about 2. I enjoyed it a lot at parts and other parts felt more lacking or needing more TLC. Both of those are apocalyptic RPGs so if you haven't played them and the style alone interests you, check them out. There's plenty of RPGs that are fantasy base if you can tolerate/dig that. But otherwise, Fallout's gone. I don't know what to expect next for the series but it's never a RPG. Anything reminiscent of what it should be remains with us and those of us that take the time and energy to create new content for the games. I hear mixed things about New California, we still have Frontier coming out. There's the other ones like Nevada and 1.5 (which I have meant to play but haven't gotten around to yet) and the Megamod here and the Restoration Project.
Hell, even if you were unfortunate enough to buy Fallout 4 maybe some of those major story mods could be somewhat decent? Especially if they implement a new skill/SPECIAL system unlike the vanilla game.

I don't think I want another BGS related game until the current engine is rebuilt ground up. It's a total drag watching a game with the graphical fidelity of a Jackson Pollock painting max out a single CPU core because its rendering shadows behind objects not in field of view.

If you liked F4 and want more of the same in a single player FPS RPG, then hope for Fallout 5. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

I modded my F4 to the point almost nothing of the base game remained and that's how I'd have it again.

Which means wait for sale and wait for mods that address stuff from stability to balance, to progression, to gameplay, ect.

I got UnderRail on GOG on sale not too long ago, so I'm excited for that.

You should be playing that game now xD.

I modded my F4 to the point almost nothing of the base game remained and that's how I'd have it again.

If you are willing to wait a year Bethesda announced private servers and mods will be available in late 2019. Maybe you will be able to get it on sale by then too.

If you are willing to wait a year Bethesda announced private servers and mods will be available in late 2019. Maybe you will be able to get it on sale by then too.

That can still not fix some of the main problems. Even if it could make the game completely Single Player, there is nothing in the world that gives you an incentive to go out there other than just having seen every part of the map.
No NPCs to talk to who provide background information or interesting quests, no factions and organizations that are competing with another, no storyline that draws it all together.

That would require a major overhaul and which modders are interesting in working on such a project that would take years to finish. By that time the next Elder Scrolls is already released or Fallout 5 is announced.

That is the situation Squadcar, that Fallout is gone and is never going to come back. All we have are the old games and any potential mods.
Fans of Fallout 3 and 4 are now complaining that Fallout 76 is not at all like the "Classic" Fallouts that got them into the franchise but like several of us has been stating here; they are now experiencing what the fans of Fallout 1 and 2 experienced with Fallout 3 and 4's announcement.

I kind of hope that NMA will eventually evolve into a Post Apocalyptic media site and forum, still honoring its roots as originally being a Fallout fan site and of course having a dedicated Fallout games sub forum but not longer being dependent on it.
Perhaps that way it will be stick around for another twenty years, perhaps even after the Fallout franchise has been forgotten after its fans moved on.

So they got Sander, Tagaziel, Brother None, AND Gonzalez.

I find that so weird. I knew they were never as nerdy like me on Fallout but I always had the idea that they held the design and philosophy of Fallout 1 and 2 above that of Bethesda's Fallout.
Then suddenly this 180 degree turn combined with a backlash against NMA. Is this because of that social justice/politics debacle that happened a while back?

BN as we discussed is probably like this because he now works for Inxile so he is not going to badmouth any other significant studio/publisher in case Inxile lets him go or he wants to make a move to another company, but what are the stakes of the others into this.

To be honest it does feel a bit like a back stab. Several of them used to be moderators here for years and then suddenly acting "Yeah actually all of these were a bunch of stupid nerds and Bethesda hating assholes we had to tolerate as long as we ran NMA".

I am not sure how I would react if they ever came back to NMA. I kind of hope that by then they have lost all their moderator privileges so that it is not like "Well we were wrong/we acted rather obnoxious, but that is all in the past; lets move on."
People are way to forgetful these days and think that their actions take place in a vacuum but that is not the case and the waves you make eventually come back to you.

I find that so weird. I knew they were never as nerdy like me on Fallout but I always had the idea that they held the design and philosophy of Fallout 1 and 2 above that of Bethesda's Fallout.
Then suddenly this 180 degree turn combined with a backlash against NMA. Is this because of that social justice/politics debacle that happened a while back?

BN as we discussed is probably like this because he now works for Inxile so he is not going to badmouth any other significant studio/publisher in case Inxile lets him go or he wants to make a move to another company, but what are the stakes of the others into this.

To be honest it does feel a bit like a back stab. Several of them used to be moderators here for years and then suddenly acting "Yeah actually all of these were a bunch of stupid nerds and Bethesda hating assholes we had to tolerate as long as we ran NMA".

I am not sure how I would react if they ever came back to NMA. I kind of hope that by then they have lost all their moderator privileges so that it is not like "Well we were wrong/we acted rather obnoxious, but that is all in the past; lets move on."
People are way to forgetful these days and think that their actions take place in a vacuum but that is not the case and the waves you make eventually come back to you.

Oof. I apologize for my joke earlier then. I misunderstood and thought they were still active members who were trying the game. Not birthing drama. (Not accusing you of anything Squadcar...Yet! *dramatic chipmunk*)

Oof. I apologize for my joke earlier then. I misunderstood and thought they were still active members who were trying the game. Not birthing drama. (Not accusing you of anything Squadcar...Yet! *dramatic chipmunk*)
Wait, what?

I want to. But I'm in the middle of two STALKER playthroughs and Planescape Torment for my singleplayer time. UnderRail may be next though.
Underrail's great, definitely worth playing. Probably a good idea to check some build videos on Youtube though, that game isn't cocking about when it comes to you screwing yourself over with bad builds ;)

Then we are back to where we started. Everything after Fallout 2 is a travesti to the franchise.

That being said, I did played Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4. I still don't see how playing 76 is any more betrayal than having played Fallout 4 at least. I undestand if you only redeem New Vegas, but between 4 and 76 the gameplay is the same, the only change is that it's no longer an RPG (which is why it's a spin off much like Tactics was back in the day), but an MMO. The fact it's an MMO alone should be enough for any Fallout player not want to play it, however I'm not into the "punish by not purchasing" thing, I'm into "don't buy if you don't feel like it", because they're obviously not going for our approval and will make revenue regardless.

With that aside it's my money to risk, and I already said I've been cheated of at least 30$ from the current value.

I'm way past the outrage because Fallout as we knew it has been dead to me for years now. This is just another post apocalyptic game to me, regardless of what it says in the tittle. I'm fully aware it's not Fallout.

Last edited:
For anyone who hasn't heard yet, there's actually a quest where you effectively become Batman. No, I'm not joking.

For anyone who hasn't heard yet, there's actually a quest where you effectively become Batman. No, I'm not joking.

Mega oof.

Honestly the Appalachia setting isn't a bad idea, but everything I've seen from the gameplay loop isn't at all appealing to me. Loot n shoot can be fun but 76 looks janky as hell.

Back